Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Aside: I've never been able to fathom coffee after supper, like in every movie up through the 60s. Seriously, you're going to dump a cup of acid in your stomach and go to sleep? No wonder you have ulcers.

I only started drinking coffee in my 30s when I realized I could drink it after dinner instead of craving desserts or more food. Now I drink it to keep myself from eating junk throughout the day.

Like pretty much everything, coffee and caffeine affect different people in different ways. I travel for work and will often have a cup of coffee when I get to a hotel before I go to bed. I have no issues falling to sleep, sleep through the night and don’t have ulcers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

It was the wrong Stephen Miller :smith:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol: that Scott frost left UCF with a fantastic winning record to go run Nebraska into the ground.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

This has to be for the guys that are still too toxic for relationships that even after being rich they’re still having to resort to this to be able to start a relationship.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Splicer posted:

...formerly snud's?

:lol:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

By popular demand posted:

:barf:
Do you just keep the horrid thing stretched over the mantle piece? Tastefully framed next to an oil painting of the deceased?
Maybe you have it tanned to a bookmark?!

Probably turned into a sticker and stuck on the back window of a cartruck

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Paper Lace wrote an essay about what happened in Chicago. For perspective they had family involved; I believe their father was in law enforcement somewhere in lake Michigan.

Wasn’t there an old goon cop that was in the 68 Chicago riots? Or am I imagining that?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Huh, at least it appears they’re doing something about it, unlike here in the US. How many more of these groups are out there plotting worldwide?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hoping that at least one of those emails came from a Homer S.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

The short and sweet version is: the Cowboys (team in white, also one of the most hated sports teams in America)

Tell that to the local network affiliates here in central Florida that on sundays only play Jags, Dolphins or Bucs games, unless they’re not playing, then we get the loving cowboys or packers or whatever lovely team that hasn’t won anything in the last decade. I hate that the cowboys are “americas team”, but now that they’re on year 28 without winning the NFC championship, they’re doing about as good as America is in general

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I do love watching smug billionaire Jerry Jones getting stomped out of the playoffs every year

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/tmMpi6kM8dM

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Remember how she defrauded a bunch of patients and totally got away with it?

Sure, on the one hand, but on the other she made a bunch of rich people’s money disappear

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Elviscat posted:

W...why did you give it a rating then???

Shangy’s was pretty cool, they had lots of interesting beers. Perhaps the secret is they’re all old and expired

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

You are required to keep your guns in a gun safe in Germany and I think that's a very sensible requirement.

I dared to suggest this on a Reddit thread about a child finding a loaded gun and shooting (and killing) it’s mother and her unborn child. I was told that locking your loaded weapons away in a safe meant that you wouldn’t be able to use it quickly in a home invasion.

At that point, I realized I wasn’t dealing with rational people, so I just gave up.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

EasilyConfused posted:

Well yeah, why were the kids trying to play soccer with his helicopter? That'd be dangerous!

They got worried when some parents had put their kids on their shoulders to get a better view

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hmm, I’d hate to see how they make Red Tick beer

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

That’s the one where the pilot got sucked out a window that was broken or missing a screw or something right? And they managed to hold onto him even while landing in an emergency. IIRC, he was blinded due to the air/cold, but amazingly lived.

I do a lot of flying for work and when I first did, I read all the airplane disaster stuff, so I vaguely remember this story. Weirdly, reading all the flight disaster stuff made me much more confident in flying now.

E: I was a little off, but wiki explains the rest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_5390

Cacafuego has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Dec 13, 2023

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

Imagine seven balls inside your sausage casing

Piss is stored in the balls in the sausage casing

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

pik_d posted:

Super Bowl Rigged for Chiefs so Taylor Swift Can Sway Presidency, Claims Candidate

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/...ump-votes-49ers

..claims Vivek Ramaswamy

I mean, I believe the first part

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'll let the people long dead from centuries past who spun fanciful yarns about the aurochs know they were incorrect.

https://youtu.be/Z1h4cbPEfWs?si=YmuxN8XK_DjO-Hc5

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/ahFSqOuADSo?si=Kl9qqw3mqhtOkns8

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

You have upset the Japanese delegation.

”Noro” is a Japanese surname. They want everyone to say “Norwalk virus”.

My wife is from Norwalk, OH, the home of the Norwalk virus and I tease her about it all the time since I found that out on Jeopardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I mean, Norwalk was just where the virus was first identified in cluster of sickness.

It was a globally distributed pathogen long before then, it’s just that no one had caught it in the act before.

I know, I know, but I still think it’s funny!