Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Proteus Jones posted:

Apparently, the article was as well but didn't survive.

Also, the BBC uses CentOS. Huh.

Yeah, I would've expected them to use PoundOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The part I'm having trouble believing is that a college student paid for coffee using cash.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Scathach posted:

You know your country has problems when a pizza chain does more for it than your politicians.

Maybe North Korea opening a McDonald's isn't such a bad idea after all.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Haha, is that the picture of him staring at the eclipse?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

8,999 barrels of bourbon crash to the ground

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This is almost literally a joke headline from The Simpsons:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Spiders Can Fly Hundreds of Miles Using Electricity

:tif:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Samuringa posted:

This is not an Onion spin-off

Well, it kind of is...

(Not fake/satire stuff, but it is related)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
A 71-year-old Man Tied a Gun To a Weather Balloon To Fake His Own Murder, Police Say

It's actually a really fascinating read. Could've been a mystery novel. For a non-paywall version that's a little dryer: https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/latest-gardens-man-staged-suicide-look-like-murder-police-say/gckUM9HanQtYvaNGbHZT4N/

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The fact that it was a CSI episode is slightly disappointing, though I'm now laughing at the possibility that the police actually didn't do any detective-ing at all and just remembered the episode, but made up a better story for the newspaper.

I guess it still takes a while to connect the dots to the weather balloon in the first place though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Stop having fun you guys

How dare you

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Uh not really. Unless it's homemade or something. It's definitely a bit thinner but it could easily pass for milk (especially skim milk) if you weren't tasting it.

I was definitely confused by the story at first because Blue Diamond is a nut company and as far as I know they don't produce anything made with actual milk. But then I realized they probably outsource the packaging process to some third party that puts all kinds of crap in cartons.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Aug 7, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The photo is what gets me. (In the actual article, that photo is from a thumbnail image for an unrelated video about dog-friendly restaurants/bars.)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4TU_R7J3c

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Hygiene posted:

TUMOR TEEN TACKLES TAEKWONDO!

GET ME A PICTURE OF SPIDER, MAN!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The MSJ posted:

Anish Kapoor is at it again: Man hospitalised after falling in Anish Kapoor installation

This is indeed a real hole, not something he painted onto the floor.

You may know him by his alter ego, Bugs Bunny.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Man breaks into waterpark, steals funnel cake, melts ice cream, ruins summer

quote:

A Waterloo, Iowa man met his own, ah, Waterloo when he stole “an undisclosed amount of funnel cakes” from a waterpark while hiding his face with a bandana—a bandana he’s also wearing in “a personal Facebook photo.”

Per the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, authorities are alleging that, in the early hours of July 6, 2018, Dylan Anthony Hoffert and three other people entered the Lost Island Waterpark. While there, they took the aforementioned undisclosed number of funnel cakes. They also left the freezer door open—who raised you, unnamed Waterloo residents?—a move that ruined “$300 worth of funnel cakes and ice cream” and presumably led to some crying children.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Trump: BUILD THE WALL!

2 years later...

Cops discover drug tunnel from Mexico to abandoned Arizona KFC

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Drug bust was ‘one of the largest seizures’ in NC, sheriff said. But it wasn’t drugs

... It was a rock lobster!

No actually...

quote:

Nearly 13 pounds of a white powder seized in July in what officials considered one of North Carolina’s largest fentanyl busts was nothing more than flour, according to one of the suspects.

But additional lab testing has revealed the substance wasn’t flour, either, WECT reported Tuesday.

Nice try, criminal, but you aren't fooling...

quote:

New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Jerry Brewer said the substance was sugar

... Never mind.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This must be that same guy who licked the salt planet in Star Wars TLJ

I suppose there's nothing truly wrong with Snopes debunking headlines from satire sites, but they should really just say "no it's a satire site you dummy" and move on instead of writing this whole big article about it.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Sep 9, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FouRPlaY posted:

Because I am avoiding actually working, I pulled the images to make for easier reading.

"I found myself sympathizing with Olive and Frankie and patiently tolerating their endless questions as if I am growing a small plant waiting for its ripe delicious fruits after a few years. I focus on nurturing their minds as well as their small bodies." :unsmigghh:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Cracking up like blons a dumb at this

e: found this in the replies:

https://twitter.com/skillbo/status/523171076910886912

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Juliet Whisky posted:

-- Why would you taser someone for doing this instead of just shouting at them like a normal person?

It is most likely nonconsensual.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

jojoinnit posted:

My favourite part is:

"He says in his film that in the days following 9/11, he felt more like a minority than, say, a patriot. I’m sorry, but the paranoia in the aftermath of 9/11 was felt by everyone. It haunted us, and unless you lost someone in the collapsed rubble of the Twin Towers, you should dutifully remember that being racially profiled by scared white people isn’t that big of a deal in comparison."

Translation: "When we do it, it's not thin skin, it's patriotism!"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Sadly, there was only one thing Officer Gauthier hated more than murder: cats."

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

When apprehended, he reiterated his lone defense of his actions: "THEY WERE ON A CRATE!"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

How's his career? His personal finances? His romantic life? Hell, maybe he needs an expensive car repair.

:golfclap:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you like it you can Photoshop a ring on it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

mrkillboy posted:

Ridiculous event planned to protest Bunnings’ sausage sizzle change

quote:

A Facebook event for a protest in Sydney asks social media users to gather at a Bunnings store, throw some onion on the ground and all slip on it together. 
Some attendees even decided they couldn’t wait until next month to start the protest, with multiple people uploading videos of them practising slipping on onions.

In solidarity, touring comedy group The Slipnutz staged a protest of their own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58MYzb5nNQ

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Splicer posted:

The brother should name their next set of gigs "the I'm not my moron brother tour".

You're thinking of the Zappas.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1065288234798931968

In case they delete the tweet to reword it:
Melania to attend Liberty University town hall on opioids: report https://t.co/ZWiMMpUJrh https://t.co/SOj98VHlGk

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've heard of a forehead, and a skinhead, but a foreskinhead?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Guess my brain cells are dying,

Have you considered grafting foreskins onto them?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The MSJ posted:

I click hoping he just sold a bunch of Ouyas he found in a warehouse. Not far from the truth, it turns out.

Crank dem Ouya boy

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess in some remote way I can understand something getting lost in translation -- "I want you to make this special for them because this is an annual tradition, they lost their son years back but they want it to be a joyful occasion rather than mourning..." And... ... ... Yeah I'm still not really sure.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you strike him down he shall become more jolly than you ever imagined.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This is another one of those headlines where the article body should just say "No."

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

One hungry motorist who failed to heed the warning was quoted as saying, "'Least I have chicken."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Taco Bell constructing a nacho cheese-dispensing billboard in Toronto