Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I want to drive those maggots but I feel like the upkeep must be insane

Just some roadkill every now and then.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's just because German groups a bunch of words together and calls that a new word. It's basically cheating.

It’s always weird seeing people being surprised by that fact. English has compound words too, just like German. You just put a space in between. Donaudampfschifffahrtgesellschaft is Danube steam boat driving society, works perfectly. Wouldn’t work in a lot of non-Germanic languages like Italian, though.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anyone else have their browsers grind to a halt when loading this or nearly any other newspage? How do you kill the adware that's slowing everything down?

The best way would be to build a Pi-Hole. That blocks out any unwanted traffic in your entire home network before it even gets loaded.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The hell? I've never rented a place where I wasn't able to control the heat/air. Is that common in the UK? Even in large apartment complexes in Chicago where everything was included we had our own thermostats in the units.

In many European rental apartments there are little devices on each radiator that sense if the radiator is on or not. 50% of the heating cost is determined by the apartment size and 50% by the measurements. If you heat a lot, you pay more. The landlords controlling the heating would be nightmarish.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

By popular demand posted:

Also anybody who ever had observed dogs or monkies during mating season could see that Nature got nothing to learn from Man about sexuality.

I have a tiny female dog who tries to hump other tiny female dogs in puppy school.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

lol 3$/gallon is still less than half of what you pay in the EU.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Just wanted to remind you that anybody who watched this is now cursed. :eng101:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
‰ is used in some Euro countries for blood alcohol levels. I’ve never seen it for population statistics.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

It's the same reversal as with the "people who walk fast enough don't get dementia". People can do these things because they're more healthy, not the other way around.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Yeah her governing style can be described as doing nothing while observing where the horse is going.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

There’s no euthanasia clinics in Germany. I guess what they mean is palliative care hospices, but assisted suicide is not allowed.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Tbf people were more preoccupied with Tokyo Sexwale.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Carthag Tuek posted:

wtf apparently its a boar???

lol yup it's just a boar, which are extremely common in that area. Everybody, including more than a hundred police officers and several zoo veterinarians were fooled by the bad quality video giving the boar a slightly brighter fur color than a properly exposed daylight video would have. But even in that video if you look more closely it actually just looks like a boar lol.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Yup, every boar that’s shot in Bavaria has to get evaluated for radioactive contamination and more than half of them don’t get approved for consumption. Also you shouldn’t get into mushroom foraging here.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

EoinCannon posted:

I dunno. I remember a year about 115,000 years ago that I reckon was hotter

Found the vampire!

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

I guess he kept digging

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Someone is trying to reproduce the boomer mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

ChatGPT write a headline for our news ticker.