Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1161507606185357312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Volcott posted:

Did your dick rot off? You may be entitled to substantial compensation.

You maybe not though as they're paying by the inch.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I have questions. Firstly, why?

Secondly...no, on second thought, that's about it.

It would mean that the USA basically has Canada surrounded. Trump wants to crack that country open and feast on the maple syrup blood he believes runs through the veins of the whole country.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like you should win by default if you die during an eating contest. Like, you other people may have eaten more, but nobody's eating harder than you.

Maybe people are just better at eating harder. You come in with your weak constitution and under-trained eating skills only to get wrecked by people who were born to the life rather than the moths that are drawn to flame that is the glory of becoming an eating champion.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Should have been Steele Testicles instead.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This basically means it's still fermenting and they can't guarantee the alcohol content of the beer so it may be stronger than labelled as.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

By not going to the federalist?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Randaconda posted:

it was linked on r/drama

:negative:

Inceltown posted:

By not going to reddit?

e;f_b

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Elderly woman killed by 'aggressive rooster' in SA highlights the dangers of varicose veins

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Krankenstyle posted:

Imagine getting shot by an exploding canister of cattle semen

You've heard of forums user Cumshitter well now it's time to meet his bigger, gayer comrade. Cumshooter.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ultrafilter posted:

A former slave's daughter lived long enough to vote for Obama, and when she was born there were still a small number of Revolutionary war widows drawing pensions. America is a young country.

Pfft, we're the real gaolbait. :australia:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Here is how Australia deals with its heads of state. Which probably qualifies itself as weird enough news to go in the thread sans context.

quote:

Insiders host Barrie Cassidy has given further insight into why Mr Hawke was so popular by sharing a recent story about the former PM.

Mr Cassidy worked as the PM’s press secretary between 1986 and 1991 and formed a close relationship with Mr Hawke during that time.

During an interview with Breakfast News, he shared a hilarious story about a recent experience he had with Mr Hawke.

The pair were in Melbourne for the Australian American Leadership Dialogue, which brings together leaders from different sectors from both countries to improve the Australian-American bilateral relationship.

“We took the Americans along to the MCG. There were Congressmen there, a whole bunch of senior Americans,” Mr Cassidy said.

“On the way out, we’re walking through the car park and they had the buses lined up to take everybody back to the Hyatt Hotel.

“And (Mr Hawke) said to me, ‘Oh I hate these buses, you know? You sit there and you’ve got to wait for the last person to turn up and it takes forever’.”

As they were waiting with the American officials to board the bus, a group of young men in a car pulled up and yelled out to the former prime minister.

“(They) yelled out ‘Hey Hawkey! You’re a legend’,” the Insiders host said.

“And he said, ‘If I’m such a freakin’ legend give me a lift back to the pub’.”

The young men agreed and Mr Hawke got into their car and they drove off, leaving the American officials in shock.

“They said ‘This cannot be happening’,” Mr Cassidy said.

“They couldn’t believe that a former prime minister would do that.”

When Mr Cassidy spoke to him the following day, Mr Hawke told him they were “great blokes”.

He even spoke to their mums on the phone while they drove to the pub.

“So the common touch thing was real. That’s how he operated,” Mr Cassidy said.

Mr Hawke died aged 89 in his Sydney home.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This has all the hallmarks of a fwd:fwd:fwd:, including the repeated and embellished introductions.

I can see how you get that but we're the country that lost a PM. He just went missing once and we never found him.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:same:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

rodbeard posted:

Why does a restaurant have a shower?

So staff can shower if they cycle or run into work, having one between shifts to freshen up or after before going out. Lots of reasons they could have one. It would be nice if more places of work had one.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The hate is there because they're Nazis. Supporting Nazis for a laugh isn't cool.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jordan Peterson is awful and an idiot and the voice reproduction thing is hilarious because it sounds exactly like his stupid cadence but its legit a little terrifying because of how spot on it is. There’s one for joe rogan too that’s also pretty decent. It’s definitely a little concerning for security and privacy purposes

Spot on. This is very much a case of a really creepy thing happening to a really horrible person. You want to enjoy the poo poo they're in but the ramifications for it to become a thing are scary.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's what the article is about?! Well poo poo now my post makes me seem like an rear end in a top hat.

Can't blame you for not clicking the daily mail to find out.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would watch this show.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

I read the article and it’s a little creepy. Apparently he was already a sex offender and the cops sent him a Facebook friend request as the 14 year old girl. This means either the cops are sending friend requests on fake profiles to random people to see what crimes they commit, or they’re trying to bait sex offenders into reoffending.

I'm not super strong on cops baiting people but if you can be baited into wanting to walk 351 miles to gently caress a child then maybe the cops didn't gently caress this one up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It looks like I'm going to be a feature at the Paris zoo.

Paris zoo unveils the "blob", an organism with no brain but 720 sexes

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1186416352166400000

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Petition to change the thread title to Weed News Headlines for this page.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Der Kyhe posted:

Buah, in Northern Europe you can leave take "a shortcut" and get lost to a wilderness where nothing exists for the next 40km (~25 miles) unless you find your way back.

It's cute that you think 40km is a long way. I just did an easy walk and it was 100km to the next house. :australia:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

False alibi': Tarantino responsible for murdering schoolgirl, prosecutor tells court

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Randaconda posted:

I thought I had missed some huge Quinton Tarentino news

Yeah, the headline isn't really weird but the name makes it.

Have a story about a council stepping up to protect 1.5m long worms that just chill and squelch around underground in the bush.

Giant Gippsland earthworms get council protections to preserve precious habitat

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Splicer posted:

Read about these super cool worms in a Bill Bryson book so I'm glad to hear they're doing OK

There is a lot wrong with Australia but our strange and wonderful animal life is not it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Johnny Aztec posted:

Didn't their Governor just say for them to shoot iguanas?

Well it had a g, i, n and s in the word anyway, so close.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

jojoinnit posted:

How did you whiff that one?

I was calling the Governor racist.

This isn't a weird headline but North Korea has a Mount Kumgang :cumpolice:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australian Water Rats Are Eating the Hearts out of Cane Toads with Surgical Precision :australia:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

I want to point out that they're not sticking their head in there and chomping away. They are making an incision, using their little paws to remove organs one at a time, setting the poisonous one aside and chowing down on the extracted heart and liver.

It's up to the reader to determine if this is better or worse.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

immortalyawn posted:

Its funny how the essentially bullshit Australiana has increased proportionally to it becoming a ultra conservative ultra cop hell country.

Water rats are an actual thing not just the boat police on the TV show, if that is what you're getting at.

Still any excuse to post this
https://twitter.com/tfswebb/status/976299234491121665

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cacafuego posted:

How many Finns does SA have?!?

(I assume that’s Finnish, maybe some other kind of Scandinavian. I see lotsa k’s which makes me think of the Finns)

Seeing multiple k's makes me think of racists from the USA.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I forgot there is a Perth in the UK and was wondering how one of the driest states in Australia managed to get a prison that green.

Petition to rename everywhere so it's all unique names to avoid this confusion.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Frazzbo posted:

Fine, but we had Perth first, so go and think up your own name. :scotland: :colbert:

How about the country that burns itself to the ground first starts with new names. Australian Summer vs Brexit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gender Reveal Explosion is the name of my college rock band.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's an obvious accident that doesn't need the FBI*

* not valid if brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

First line in article just in case the headline doesn't give it away.

Warning: This article discusses sexual assault and violence, and includes a description of an indecent assault.

I was indecently assaulted by a man at Myer. As an 'alpha male' I've struggled with guilt and shame

Not quite sure if this qualifies as a weird headline but it's definitely odd.