Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The guy at the NTSB that confirmed that story is my hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I saw this over in D&D:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A spade is a derogatory term for black people as well as being a shovel type.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

VoteTedJameson posted:

I have family that lives in Sandwich. Grew up a couple towns over. It never once occurred to me there was anything odd about the town's name until I went to college in a different state and my friends laughed at me. Mind was blown that day.

I grew up next to King of Prussia,PA and never realized it was odd until the same thing happened to me.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

After reading the article it seems that gun is just a placeholder image, but the article should really be "Teen commits suicide". According to the article, he pulled the trigger multiple times, no matter how much of an idiot you may be, you don't do that if you're not trying to kill yourself. It's a shame.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ruflux posted:

I'm pretty sure even aliens would consider this reality too unbelievable

In the Matrix when Agent Smith is talking to Morpheus, he tells him the original Matrix was a paradise for people but our minds rejected it. I feel like this might be what the rejection started to look like, when reality just starts to go to complete poo poo.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://twitter.com/RealWilfordB/status/1055252267467726849

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone remembers all those stabbings The Thing is well known for.

Look who tweeted it. Otherwise I agree

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Am I reading it right that basically that was a giant blood clot?

That is absolutely horrifying by the way.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wait, is that supposed to be a normal size dude eating a baby? I always assumed it was a giant eating an adult human. It's hard to tell for sure without the head, but those look like adult limbs not baby limbs. I suppose it could be an especially skinny baby, but then why is the butt so big?

It is Saturn (Cronos) devouring his son (probably either Hades or Poseidon) by Goya

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Oct 22, 2019

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Phlegmish posted:

I also initially thought they were just putting it there in the office waiting for someone to shoot it, and it only struck me as a little strange. 'Heh, Americans :smug:'

It is the newest method to avoid workplace shootings. :911:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Tough titties?

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Feb 27, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Platystemon posted:

Eagles have been known to prey on human children.

quote:

Henley called paramedics to his home on November 21, 1980, where a 16-year-old girl was found naked and claiming she had overdosed on quaaludes and cocaine. She was arrested for prostitution, while a 15-year-old girl found in the house was arrested for being under the influence of drugs. Henley was arrested and subsequently charged for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He pled no contest, was fined $2,500 and put on two years' probation

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

To steal from AI:

cakesmith handyman posted:

The person responsible for recalling the jack stands that replace the recalled jack stands, has been recalled.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Elviscat posted:

The irony is, for 20-30% more you can contract a reputable design-build firm, and have them build you an entirely custom, beautiful house that is inspected for quality building at each step. My buddy down in CA works for a firm that does this, they specialize in sustainably sourced building materials, and eco friendly construction (solar, great insulation values etc) but it's way harder to get this done, since you have to organize a temporary place to live, construction loans etc.

The tough part about this (in my area at least) is that there isn't much land for sale anymore, and where there is land, it's either way too far from where I work or prohibitively expensive.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That's an amusing story, but holy poo poo is twitter bad for anything more than 1 tweet.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I agree with your reasoning, but hearing the actual 2 recordings I would have found in favor of Zeppelin too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVNnnuf24w&t=14s

The note progression is obviously the same, that's undeniable, but Page's focus is on the higher flourishes, coming back to the main notes, whereas the original is the main notes with very minimal flourishes.

Basically my argument would be to sing the guitar parts. You'd end up singing something closer to a bass line for Taurus and Zeppelin's would be the part that everyone instantly recognizes, oddly enough not singing the parts that were said to be ripped off from Taurus.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 6, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Q!=E

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Not really, those songs share a similar element but have completely different chord progressions and "vibes," Led Zeppelin toured with Spirit and then ripped off the chord progression entirely and added "flourishes" as you noted. Also worth noting that Led Zeppelin did that poo poo all the time and took sole writing credit for both traditional songs and songs that were literally just someone else's.

You can't copyright a chord progression though, or Pachelbel should be rolling in it right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ
(which could be argued was ripped off from this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxC1fPE1QEE

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is a church considered a public area?

They were arrested for "having sex within public view" even though they were inside the church, because someone called the cops because they got nosy and looked inside the church because the lights were on after hours.

The pastor should be fired, sure, but arrested for getting weird with it? That's bullshit.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don't see it on the list

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvDZuptvupk

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Lady Disdain posted:

Well, I never. Good for him. I hope he's a good one.

We regret to inform you that the boxer is homophobic.

quote:

Homosexuality comments
In February 2016, Pacquiao, in a video statement posted by TV5, made a comment on the issue of same-sex marriage. Pacquiao, in vernacular, described people in same-sex marriages as behaving worse than animals because, he said, animals generally do not have same-sex mating.[118] LGBT celebrities criticized the statements of the senatorial candidate. Pacquiao later apologized and stated that while, as a Christian, he is still against same-sex marriage, which he said is against Biblical teachings, he did not condemn gay people themselves.[119] Nike ended their longtime partnership with Pacquiao, stating his comments against gay people were abhorrent.[120] The Grove at Farmers Market in Los Angeles also banned Pacquiao from the shopping mall.[121]

Towards the end of the video, Pacquiao clarified that he is not condemning gay people.

...but I am not condemning them, just the marriage which is a sin against God.

— Continuation of Manny Pacquiao's stand on same-sex marriage in a video statement by TV5 posted later on February 19, 2016.[122]

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait, Americans don't have a water reservoir in their tree holders?

Lmao.

The ones I've seen do, but if you don't stay on top of it, the tree can easily drink up to the point where the water level is too low to get to the tree.
I usually end up watering mine a ton for the first couple of days, then I just need to top it off every 2 or 3 days until the end of the year.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My personal hero is the doctor that was accepting bribes for giving people fake vaccine shots, and then just gave them real shots anyway.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Lady Disdain posted:

Do you have a link to an article ?

Not a good one.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/anti-vaxxers-attempt-to-bribe-doctors-for-a-fake-vaccine-but-end-up-with-the-real-thing/amp/

So it might just be fake but it’s still funny.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Baron von Eevl posted:

That's awful and also somehow that school had a higher mortality rate from a bouncy castle than mine had when a plane crashed into the field during recess.

John Heinz? IIRC you're also a philly area goon.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Why there's a "Florida man" but not "Ohio man" I'll never know.

Iirc, there’s a Florida man because Florida’s privacy laws are awful so you can see pictures of mugshots and police reports easily so the funny ones make their way to the internet.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cacafuego posted:

Went to a very nice restaurant last year for our anniversary. After dessert, pre-dinner cocktails and a shared bottle of wine, I did attempt to eat the napkin that was placed in something like the above.

I had the exact opposite happen to me.
I took a trip to Italy and they brought out what looked like white bath towels on silver trays and put them on the table. Then I realized each towel was actually about 20 lbs of fresh Mozzarella cheese and proceeded to have one of the most amazing meals of my life.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It’s actually pretty funny that he quoted Rock’s “I’m not saying he was right, but I understand” bit.
You win this round, Juice.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

So that’s pretty much her saying any woman who was raped actually wanted it, right?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNekVzuZR4

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://twitter.com/AlexBlechman/status/1457842724128833538?s=20

How does it re-form the structure?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Isn’t it:
Poke out your eyes/rip your face off
Break your hands
Break your jaw
Rip your ding dong off

As their go-to opening moves for fighting?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There's a spanish batman?

Batmanuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's Mitthew AFAIK.

I have a friend named Craig who has convinced multiple people that his full name is Craigory. Every now and then I'll think about that fact and just laugh.