Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Automatic Retard posted:

What the gently caress did they shoot her with? A cannon? How does someone lose two legs in a cop related shooting?

Sometimes when someone gets shot they have to cut or restrict blood flow going to non-vital parts like the legs so there will be enough to go to useful places like the brain. This results in the loss of the legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Such Fun posted:

In the PYF pictures thread we just learned that a draft horse can produce up to 0,4 liter of semen per ejaculation.
I’m not sure how this affects the discussion here, but I think it’s good to know that a horse can squirt to fill a soda can with enough left to choke an amateur.

We're also talking semen in the Aquarium thread. This place really goes hard on trends.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The insane thing is consuming a liquid intended to feed baby cows and causing massive environmental problems to do so.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, I don't even like milk so that's not a hill I care about dying on

Milk tastes gross, but I'm a big fan of functional antibiotics.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Fun fact: Sonic was originally designed as an echidna, but was changed after gametesters complained that he was too slow.

All those dicks slowed him down.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I had a "friend" who left LSD laced candy out and a kid they were watching ate it all. Like a dozen hits worth, so 1200-2400 micrograms? A LOT for anyone let alone a small child. The kid just had a lot of fun coloring and then took a long nap.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Is China Man the new Florida Man?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

That’s what DXM/robotripping is and it is, as you can probably guess, also terrible.

DXM is a dissociative, not a deleriant.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

freeedr posted:

Thomas gave me a candy one Tuesday morning and I just ate it and then he was like “no dude that was your 2C-B for Friday” and I was like “oh poo poo”

2C-B rules, gimmie his number please.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

MagpieConcept posted:

That's adult size, so I wouldn't say they're dangerous to humans. Hope they're able to find them soon.

Do you just not understand cats? Have you never had a cat? Mine is like 8lb 16+ years old, can and will gently caress me up. Add 20lb and stress?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

MagpieConcept posted:

Also apologies for contributing to a derail, that's my bad for not being more clear about what I was saying.

Here's a neat and short one about lizards evolving to deal with urban environments.

I vaguely remember a similar article involving a moth that was getting more gray patterns to blend in with concrete.

Apparently invasive Chameleons collected from Florida for the pet trade are a lot more hardy than most native WC or even CB, which is kind of neat?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/chameleons-ranching-florida-invasives-pets

Desert Bus has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Jan 14, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Splicer posted:

Just say "PETA", animal rights is a worthy cause and actual animal rights advocates understand that (modern, well regulated) zoos are pretty much the last line of defence for many near-extinct animals, and that taking an animal raised in captivity and just dumping it into the wild is just going to give some random scavenger a free meal.

It's also a good way to expose an animal to a whole new world of pathogens and expose nature to new pathogens. You have to be super loving careful in regards to so so many factors if you are keeping an animal you intend to release into nature. Disease, human socialization, proper food gathering, etc. Some animals are easier than others like fish and turtles, but say you wanna re-wild a bunch of zoo monkeys? Probably drat near impossible.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Herpes B is the one that you don’t want to get.

But Pokemon taught me that I gotta catch 'em all?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Having the hiccups for a few hours is BRUTAL and there is no way to stop it. A loving YEAR??? ouch

You feel like someone is punching you from the inside? I can't quite describe it. It's terrible. So terrible.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Only facial parts fall off due to leprosy, it only causes numbness in feet and hands, which the sufferer will then injure due to inability to feel pain.

Not being able to feel pain sounds cool. How do I get this "leprosy?"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Go to Disney World and start licking things.

That sounds expensive but I trust you. Thanks.

maybealabia posted:

Specifically, armadillos

Wait I can just go to the zoo?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Elviscat posted:

Armadillos grow in the desert, you could just drive some sort of bus or something through one.

The zookeepers get mad when you kick the animals there.

I am far from the desert. Hours away. It would be a long drive and my only bus is slow and has an alignment issue. Also it seems to glitch time after long trips.

Also I want to LICK them not KICK them geeze. I'm no weirdo.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

You also said we wouldn't litigate our sex life on the something awful dot com forums :mad:

I know I started it but just let me self-own in peace!!!

There's definitely a kink here somewhere and I don't know whose.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Splicer posted:

Pigs and humans are also uncomfortably similar in a lot of ways so (or so I've heard) getting pig parasites in you gets even weirder than usual.

And GMO pig organs for transplant are how we end up with Hyperpigs. Pigs were a mistake.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9878146/

https://revelationspace.fandom.com/wiki/Hyperpigs

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tei posted:

theres a geiser in yellostone that if you put a beer can inside, the whole park explode has a supervolcano anhilating life on earth

is that serius

and if you poo poo on it, your turd will fly miles, but you have to time it right

this is all true and terrifying. i will never go near yellowstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

yeah! there was a weird old commercial with tiny giraffes and I want one of those too.

Similar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPwJQXzHm0

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

HACE and HAPE are no joke. This sounds like the guy already felt bad ahead of time though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Anyone else remember the "tree octopus" website that was an early example of a "we put this fake thing online to warn you about fake things online" website?

No but that reminds me of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti-tree_hoax

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mescal posted:

that's not titrating that's math

I rate all tits on a scale of 1-10. Mine are an easy 7.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I have perfect nipples and I will sell them at $50k each

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

By popular demand posted:

What will you replace them with?

Always on webcams so my viewers can get an easy 3d view.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm trying to find a joke about Brazilian nipples and what my grandpa would have called them and I just don't think I can manage without sounding SUPER racist. Pretty sure that joke is dead in the water before I can even manage to figure it out. Sorry Goons.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

The day my mom revealed what brazil nuts used to be called (in the South? generally? I didn't ask) was a very weird day, because we were talking about her experience with school desegregation in Mississippi, and she said it so casually that you could tell it really was what they used to be called.

Yeah my grandpa wasn't racist? Very much the opposite? And yet he saw no issues with the racist name of his favorite nut.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If anyone here doesn't know it's "N-word Toes."

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Ninurta posted:

Are they going to ban whistle tips next?

That's like an alarm clock. WOO WOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Monica Bellucci posted:

OR, you got away with being charged alongside your boyfriend for poo poo you both did? Unless she is referencing different poo poo?

What did they do?

EDIT: oh no

Anne Hathaway bizarrely accused of cannibalism

https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/lifestyle/anne-hathaway-bizarrely-accused-of-cannibalism/news-story/0b778d1783f3fd7b0e5a18a36fae743f

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Shirt, hat, NO PANTS

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Pookah posted:

Has that professor got an absolutely enormous head, or a really small body?

Terrible posture and/or he's got his head thrust forward to emphasize a point and it's a badly timed picture.

However i'm partial to a third theory where he has a big head AND a small body and thus also has bad posture.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Knormal posted:

Is this a real amusement park? I think AI made this whole thing up.

It's a deep cover govt black site disguised as an amusement park:

https://www.hersheypark.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Brandfarlig posted:

He's right, gently caress the baptists.

But still don't eat people quite this literally.

He ate a chunk of cop not a chunk of actual person.