Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Think of the Daily Mail as the New York Post if the editors of the New York Post but with a history of openly praising European fascism.

Oh, right, this is a thread for outrageous headlines, let's just go to the Daily Mail Song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Actually that Stephen Lawrence front page might mark the ONE time the Daily Mail did anything worthwhile (even if it was because the father of a murder victim had plastered Paul Dacre's kitchen)

Here's the original front page (the CENSORED banner was added later by someone)

Here's the followup:

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-lawrence-daily-mail-paul-dacre-2012-1?IR=T

quote:

"It was Dacre's decision to put the photos of those accused of murder on the front page in 1997, possibly in contempt of court, under the headline "MURDERERS: The Mail accuses these men of killing. If we are wrong, let them sue us".

Not one of the men ever sued, and public opinion swung wildly against the accused and the police who had mishandled the case. Eventually, in 2007, police began re-investigating the case, and in 2011 charges were brought against two men.

So (through gritted teeth) credit where credit's due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Guardian perhaps not up quite up to date with their slang here.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

Grool is a term from the film. Lindsey Lohan meets a cute guy at her new school and gets all flustered.

Yes I know that.

It also primarily means something else now. Google "grool" and report back.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

I already did. I must not, and will not, recall what I found.

It's common slang for vaginal lube you bunch of enormous pussies.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVfqkNfNBVA

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bad dog! Bad!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I loved loðber in Monster's Ball.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This is in the Guardian today:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/23/worm-fell-into-mouth-my-life-as-a-badger

My life as a badger:

quote:

Tom needed to sleep, so he did, curled foetally on bracken, his paws, earth-brown from digging, clasped under his chin. I, too, needed to sleep, so I didn’t. We had to change our rhythm to that of the badgers, which meant sleeping in the day, but, at least at first, I found the sett a threatening place. Was this an old fear of burial? A worm fell into my mouth. I gagged quietly and went back to sleep.

We shaped the sett with our paws and a child's beach spade. We tried to scuffle out the earth with our hind legs Those first few days taught me a lot. They taught me that, despite my shaggy, anarchic pretensions, I was dismally suburban: I preferred a whitewashed wall to the endless fascination of a real earth one. I preferred my ideas of badgers and the wild to real badgers and real wilderness. They were more obedient and less complex. And they didn’t broadcast my inadequacies so deafeningly.

But I learned to like that burrow. Habit is tremendously powerful. Merely having a place at the end pressed to the shape of my body was enough to change my appetite for underground living. From that low platform, I could jump to more complex forms of appreciation: the shape of the window on the sunlit world that was the tunnel’s end; the exuberant spectrum of smells as I crawled up through a cervix of earth and leaf mould and out, panting from the effort. It was OK to lie in the dark, surrounded by the scratching and humming and thrashing of animals that would one day eat me. Quite a lot of being a badger consisted simply in allowing the wood to do to us what it did to a badger: being there when it rained; keeping badgers’ hours; letting bluebells brush your face instead of your boots.

I cannot work out whether this is parody or not. Charles Foster seems to be a real guy....?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

spog posted:

The Grauniad writers genuinely believe what they write.

I think most of it is either inflammatory headlines chosen by an editor rather than the writer, or purposefully satirising the newspaper's stereotype.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

zakharov posted:

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Only a right numpty would call a hot dog a sandwich.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Typical WASP politics.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Croccers posted:

I was curious on the full comic and here it is
http://www.zootopianewsnetwork.com/2017/06/i-will-survive-by-borba-full-comic.html
The original old comments before meme are gold :allears: The reviews of the comic and all that are great.

Well, the art is surprisingly good at least.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rysithusiku posted:

I do actually remember hearing once that while it's not commonly known, licking or straight up eating chunks of real old poo poo is a thing archaeologists do not as infrequently as you'd think.
Not 100% on that tho. May have just been a couple weirdos.

https://www.livescience.com/37900-strange-things-scientists-eat.html

It's very common.

"Paleontologist Dale Guthrie and colleagues, who excavated a 36,000-year-old steppe bison carcass called Blue Babe, stewed and ate extra neck tissue while prepping the bison for display."

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love this disclaimer at the end:

quote:

All names have been changed to prevent Megumi uncovering the deception before her mother is ready to tell her

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

In the land of the tiny penis app, the regular-sized penis man is King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

dr_rat posted:

I know sometimes elections, particularly byelections, can get a bit weird sometimes, but that's ridiculous. Like loving how?

The Labour candidate was recorded saying Oct. 7 was a false flag by Israel to give them an excuse to destroy Gaza. Labour dropped them and effectively didn't run a candidate at all. The Tory candidate literally went on holiday during the election. Meanwhile Galloway went in hard on the entire British establishment supporting Israel's genocide.