Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

nquilizer gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
No, you can also record yourself playing and it post it to Let's Play.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

:supaburn:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

:holymoley:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Topic locked.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
lmfao

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Average Bear posted:

:flame:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There were more ways to non-lethally incapacitate your foes in the Japanese version. For example, Raiden had a move where he would send an enemy soldier into a satisfied slumber by pulling their pants off and sucking their balls dry. This was removed in the American game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There were more ways to non-lethally incapacitate your foes in the Japanese version. For example, Raiden had a move where he would send an enemy soldier into a satisfied slumber by pulling their pants off and sucking their balls dry. This was removed in the American game.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just wondering is it only possible to knock people out with the sleeper hold instead of making them sleep.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I think the tranq gun is the only way to put people to sleep, in that game. It's been a while since I've played.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Okay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

beating them up counts as a kill?

I don't know but I feel like people sleep longer than they are KOd so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right if I was going hands only.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Wormskull posted:

I don't know but I feel like people sleep longer than they are KOd so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right if I was going hands only.

If I remember correctly sleeping lasts longer than knockouts, and the length of the each effect also depends on what difficulty you're playing on.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
In MGS2 sleep lasts somewhat longer than knockouts. I think in MGS3 and later knockouts last about as long as sleep did in MGS2 and putting someone to sleep means you don't have to worry about them for the rest of the map. If you're going hands only in MGS2 you'd have to work really fast.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
knockouts last like 30 seconds . speedrun the game :)

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
you literally give an unborn kid brain damage in mgs2

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Foxhound posted:

you literally give an unborn kid brain damage in mgs2

At least everyone else in MGS2 has brain damage too... is there a single person in that game who is not a complete idiot?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
is that why sunny has the 'tism?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
no that's just because she lives with a creepy shut in who stares inappropriately at women and Otacon

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in snake eater punching someone in the balls is an instant KO and if you're wearing the Raikov mask and in disguise you can punch soldiers in the dick and nobody will sound an alarm because they expect that from him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it was also a good way to refill your health

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

in snake eater punching someone in the balls is an instant KO and if you're wearing the Raikov mask and in disguise you can punch soldiers in the dick and nobody will sound an alarm because they expect that from him

You can punch/slap balls in MGS2 as well, although it's hard to aim it right since you can't do it while crouching.

This is handy if you want to save tranq ammo, especially if you have none. You can hold up soldiers with an empty gun, but if you try to fire it, they will hear that it's empty and go into an alert.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I played this game and when I figured out how dumb it was in order to KO people I just killed them.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the only thing bad about murder in mgs2 is the guys you kill get replaced by other guys, while sleeping dudes never get replaced, but can be woken up

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

In MGS2 sleep lasts somewhat longer than knockouts. I think in MGS3 and later knockouts last about as long as sleep did in MGS2 and putting someone to sleep means you don't have to worry about them for the rest of the map. If you're going hands only in MGS2 you'd have to work really fast.

P sure sleep is only indefinite on easy or lower. Otherwise it lasts five or so minutes.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
What if you shove a sleeping dude into a locker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game looks really slick. 60 FPS ftw.

• Locked thread