Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Rogue still have the Shanties? Because that is a big selling point to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Orv posted:

New ones even.

Oh wow, so it has the older ones and some new ones?!?!?!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

20 new ones and a few from Black Flag.

That is awesome and instantly makes Rogue the better AC game.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Even Unity has something like shanties, but I think you can only play them from the codex thing.

Which makes it a worse game because I can't sail and listen to the awesome shanties.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Did you know there is a version of the Black Flag soundtrack that is just shanties?

Oh yeah I know. I'm listening to it now actually.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yo I heard you can't pet dogs in Unity. Is this true because what a waste of a game.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rogue has a really neat concept and in a perfect world I would have hoped Ubisoft decided to delay Unity to 2015 and make Rogue this years AC game. Also they make it $30 because they realize it's recycled stuff.

It really bothers me that Ubisoft never bothered making a full on game where you're a Templar. The one time they do and it's basically a budget title.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Can't you pick between Jacob and his sister this time around? It's neat how you can do that but the trailer for the game doesn't highlight Jacob's sis at all lol. C'mon Ubisoft.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Shadic posted:

Dear god, the game has so many buggy animations, pop-in, awful NPC behavior, and awkward clipping.

I know it's "Pre-alpha" or whatever, but that means poo poo when they're releasing in five months.

I like the setting and all that but while it said pre-alpha it really looked like the final version of Unity but reskinned.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

effervescible posted:

It felt like they were playing it very safe with what they highlighted in the video. Even with Jacob and Evie—only the biggest fedoras could possibly object to playing as a man and a woman, but they still framed it like it's just Jacob. (Unless I missed something in the minute or so where my internet cut out.)

They mentioned her I think but in the trailer for the game it only highlights Jacob. Evie isn't shown at all in that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tsietisin posted:

It's annoying because I still like the Desmond storyline stuff. I want more of that.

Yeah but he's kinda dead now. Unless you mean the Juno stuff.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kinda wish they did different play styles for different assassin's. I dunno but it would be cool if maybe one assassin dude didn't climb buildings or whatever but he did disguises or something.

Just something to really make the members of the Assassin Guild or whatever different from one another aside from clothes and location.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

khy posted:

I'm genuinely curious as to how much importance publishers put on things like review scores, metacritic scores, etc. compared to the release scheduels. For example, if a publisher KNOWS that a february release would result in a 90 and a november release would result in a 70, just how much do they take that into consideration?

I mean we all suspect that the publisher knew it was going to be a turd from the get go, what with the horrible review embargo they had in place and all. But if Ubisoft knew just HOW bad it was going to be would they have pushed the release back?

If I remember right Obsidian lost a bonus because New Vegas didn't get a 90 or some poo poo on Metacritic.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I hated the fact that the Ezio Trilogy version of AC2 includes the DLC and it's baked into the game proper. It's more padding to a game that's already long as gently caress.

That Bonfire DLC or whatever was absolute garbage. Nothing about killing a bunch of dudes like it's Assassin's Creed 1 was fun.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I finally got around to finishing Rogue. That was a good time.

Now I'm in the mood for a game with the little enhancements Unity brought. I just rather wait for Syndicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Edit.

I'm dumb as gently caress and didn't even notice the Syndicate thread. God drat forget I said anything.

• Locked thread