Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I can get this game free with an Nvidia voucher, so looks like I'm getting it, as I've got all the games in the series sans Asscreed 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

GhostDog posted:

It's really the first time I bothered to look at system requirements in a while, so I was a bit shocked there.

And to be honest I've been eyeing a 970 to replace my 670 anyway, I just need a good excuse :)

The 970 is fantastic, buy one. You can even get this or Far Cry 4 with it with a voucher.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm not super mad because I got the game for free, but why can't I preload AssCreed on Uplay.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just added you Orv, as Halgreth.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Played a bit of Unity, it's fun so far, more of AssCreed, little better combat and really pretty. I don't have any performance issues so far, and turned the AA down to FXAA and turned off Vsync/made it borderless windowed. The story so far isn't great, more of the same. Yet again, not too upset since I got it for free, don't think I'd like it as much had I payed 60 bucks for it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looselybased posted:

Any word on a "fix" patch for the console versions? Debating on whether to get this on PC or my PS4. On the one hand my PC is a little dated but I think I could lower the settings enough to not get any stutter. On the other, big TV. Hrm.

Depends on what you have. I can't tell you if your PC would run it well as I have a 970 GTX, which runs the game fine at 1080p60 if I turn down AA to FXAA and change it to borderless windowed/no vsync. You may want to wait and see if they'll patch the console versions before deciding.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Haven't really seen any after it loads, if that they are just 1s long.

Are you on an SSD? Because if so I need to switch over to my SSD, the load times are atrocious.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I am, I changed my mind to fully sync the missions in the game and I replayed them. The only loading was when I was reloading Paris and it wasn't slower then 5s. Fully recommend an SDD for your games/OS to sit on because the speed is just amazing.

Looks like I'm moving my folder over. Anyone know if I can point Uplay to the new game location?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

zen death robot posted:

So is this game basically as bad as AC3 or ?

It's very very bad technically, the gameplay is AssCreed and fine. The problem is I don't even want to play the game right now because of just how bad the technical issues are. Like I said in the Steam thread, don't buy, it's like an alpha of a game that's "feature complete".

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

Funny then that every other modern game I play works fine. I know futureproofing is impossible, but come the gently caress on, ubi. There are nicer looking games that run smoother.

You'll probably be fine with a 7950 for quite a while, though the 2 gigs may start to limit you soonish. This game isn't optimized at all, and AMD is always going to be behind on drivers for games that "run best on Nvidia", which while it isn't their fault really is one of the reasons that led me to buy a 970.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Burns posted:

Well thats too bad. I did enjoy black flag for the music and pirating poo poo. Best pirate game ever imo. The aminus bits feel fourth wall breaking but whatever. Was black flag like this on release??

For consoles (PS3 at least), it ran just fine for me, I think it had issues on PC though.

• Locked thread