Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

socialsecurity posted:

Have there been many story game play videos I'm curious how many missions will involve following some dude and listening to his dumb conversation only to be spotted and have to do it again.

well in Unity. they took out the insta-fail stealth/follow dude missions. now you can either follow them, if you get seen it turns into a chase, or you can just shank the fucker and search his body for intel. rogue, i am not sure yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah, I did think that was a little weird, but it seemed like for the most part, the building itself was mostly host to a lot of people who had no idea about the whole Templar thing. Even the CFO was completely clueless, which is why later in the game he gets taken out back at a conference and shot.

... Which, of course, adds an entirely new level of contrivance because why wouldn't you just fire his rear end and replace him with someone you can actually control instead of abducting him, but whatev'. As long as the modern day poo poo means that Ubisoft will eventually develop an Assassins Creed title that discards the historical pretense and lets me gently caress around in a major city and its outlying suburbs, I'll be happy.

I think the CFO does know and its implied you give Shaun his travel plans, so he gets gacked by assassins or something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DjGzYer-8&list=UU9s0ZYxkI90hP3ADETrHxgg
Here is a guy loving around in the game for 2 hours. No story missions. Looks fun enough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Does anyone know if we're getting a weird continuation of the "Modern Day" story line from Black Flag in Unity? Or is that in Rogue? And I guess I shouldn't say continuation but just like...more weird links and poo poo. Or is this something that Ubi has managed to keep close to the chest?

Rogue continues that the black flag modern day stuff. Not sure what Unity does.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reset Smith posted:

Well that work is actually about Napoleon's nephew and his coup in the 1850's. Napoleon's extended family are incredibly fascinating and dramatic and I think they could well figure into some AC5 expansion at some point.

Yeah, I'd like to see Arno in the Napoleonic wars and 1832 rebellions and hell even 1848 revolution.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

macnbc posted:

Well it's a good thing that Assassin's Creed Rogue: Black Flag 2 came out today!

Ubisoft didn't bother sending out many review copies of it in advance, but it looks like that was a tactical error on their part.

First review I can find says it's good.

rogues getting good reviews from what i seen. Disappointed about unity. it looked interesting from the walkthroughs on youtube. I guess ill wait for the multiple patches.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tx2005 posted:

So is this thing really as bad as the meltdown going on at neogaf right now? They tend to blow poo poo out of proportion so I figured I'd ask here.

I'm forced to get the PS4 version if I want to play this since my PC specs aren't good enough.

I am playing through AC: Unity. And wow, people who're calling this game ugly must find a shitload of games to be ugly. Cause it's gorgeous on my ps4. Screens and even the least compressed youtube videos don't do it justice. Looks beautiful on my ps4. Parkour took a bit to get used too. Feels a lot more realistic and weighty. Way less room for error if you know what you're doing, combat does indeed feel better and harder but it remains to be seen how it feels throughout the game and with other weapons. Great acting and music btw. only one glitch so far.

So yeah Neogaf is full of poo poo. again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I love how you have more control over how you run, the combat is great, the whole games feels slowed down just a notch so you can actually notice poo poo, you actually need to crouch to stealth, manually use cover, and tons of people are in the streets. The whole game feels more real from what I remember creed 1 to be like, before they turned it into a cartoon graphics game for AC2. I'm not too far but everything seems like its a great improvement to the series.

maxed on a gtx 970, easily no lag.

yeah, the free running is much better. combat is mixed. i like the parry system alot it feels sorta like arkham except not as good. the gun controls suck as does the selection menu. alot of basic poo poo like dual assassination and using loving guns has to be unlocked. The game also needs to be patched to poo poo because i ran into situations where the attack input and the AI broke. Overall i like it so far and i hope they fix all the lovely control poo poo in the future game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mustang posted:

So I've been playing Unity for a while and I still haven't had the game on PS4 drop down to an unplayable framerate, not even in that stained glass church, which you go back to again later. The only bugs I've encountered so far is falling through the ground twice which is a first for me in an Assassins Creed game. The second bug was on a mission in a graveyard and theres a mob of people outside of it but they can't get in because its all walled/gated off. However as soon as I finished the mission people started phasing through walls, gliding up and down walls and walking through the graveyard despite the fact that there is no way for anyone to get in without climbing up and over the walls.

Chests you can't open without the companion app are inexcusable, there is no loving reason to make you play some dumb phone app to get something in a game. The golden chests locked without having the appropriate initiate level wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't for the fact that there is no way to get past lvl 1 because it doesn't loving work and doesn't recognize your previous games despite the fact that I've played every major AssCreed game with this account. The red locked chests are also bullshit because it's an annoying reaction minigame and you usually get a whopping 150 livres.

The story itself isn't any better or worse than any other Assassins Creed game. Arno is likeable enough but still not as interesting as Ezio or Edward but definitely better than Connor or Altair. I also don't understand why they didn't use people speaking with French accents like the did with Ac2 and Brotherhood with Italian accents. The people on the streets in Unity actually speak French so the combination is even weirder.

Every co-op mission I've done so far has worked fine and haven't had any connection issues, I just wish people would use their mics.

You can definitely tell this game had the potential to be a great Assassins Creed game but as it is it definitely deserves its metacritic score. It launched too early and they should have never shoved all this dumb initiate and companion app poo poo into the game, not to mention the bugs and framerate issues people are having. Paris itself is beautifully made and is a lot of fun to run around in and climb all over poo poo.

pretty much this, i think the combat and running have been improved . I hope they learn from all the bad poo poo too though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Quixotic1 posted:

Where is Charles Lee? A friend of mines tries to justify the depiction of Charles Lee with his mustache-twirling evil and disheveled look after Charles Lee's induction into the new order by saying since the memories were Connor's viewpoint, they were biased and more embellished on purpose against Charles Lee. Since before Connors first encounter with Charles Lee, Charles Lee is a perfect gentleman to Haythem and the world at large. I suppose he could be right Charles Lee, but that's way to subtle an idea for Ubi writers me thinks. Case in point, Connor's irrational hatred towards Charles Lee even after Connor discovered it was Washington who did his tribe in and not Lee. In short; Give me Lee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

I always took lee as a brown noising toadie who was respectful and jovial with his friends and betters inside the templars, but treated anyone outside the super secret club as a piece of poo poo or a disposable asset. also lee in real life was a dirty unkempt motherfucker who had packs of his dogs following behind him constantly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HaitianDivorce posted:

:eng101: fixed!

An American civil war AC game could be incredibly kickass if done right, though. Ubisoft would have to back off on the "but Templars are kinda good guys too, we promise :downs:" stuff and revert them back to cackling monsters but if it means we got a full-sized version of Freedom Cry I'd be down.

Imagine chatting with Frederick Douglass, confirming and spreading the story of Solomon Northup, working with Sherman on the March to the Sea... I really like the idea of the Assassins looking at the American revolution and going "Mmmm, not good enough" and taking a very activist role in bringing down an unjust institution rather than just looking at any dude with a red cross on his chest and shanking him in the kidney.

Yeah, maybe you can kill stonewall jackson, or even better you shoot J.W. Booth in the spine in a burning barn.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hopeford posted:

I think there's something wrong with me. I'm not a fan of the gameplay of the series at all, yet I keep buying them just because I enjoy the atmosphere. Like Black Flag was incredibly fun to me, but only because of the whole setting/tone it had rather than the actual gameplay. Just knowing that the next game will be set in Victorian London made me go "Yup, I'm gonna play that." I am certain I won't enjoy the actual game at all yet that will do nothing to deter me from getting it.

I dont mind the gameplay but i am in the same boat as you. Its the setting and the time periods that keep drawing me in. I am a history major, so i like seeing what they get right and what they get wrong. They usualy get alot right or at the very least the aesthetics right.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mameluke posted:

I hope the scope of Victorian AssCreed goes further than London itself. It'd be cool to see a greatest hits of the Empire; Calcutta, Cairo, Johannesburg, and of course Montreal.

this. Also i have noticed the good assassins creeds(2,brotherhood,and 4) do general historic time periods then specific events like in the meh assassins creed games(1,3,unity).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Is it sad that i am kind curious, maybe excited for ac victory. Ubisoft for all their massive gently caress ups and rear end hattery tend to actually fix broken and or dumb ideas in sequels. Plus i dig the Victorian age. Honestly doing virtual tourism and killing shitheads/semi cool people in history is one of the main reasons i keep coming back each round. plus secret societies poo poo kinda seems to fit in Victorian london

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 17, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Something the game really could have used was a short optional video running down the various parts of the revolution. As is they just kind of throw people, factions and events at you and expect you to just look up the info on your own.

whats worse is all the enemy factions are just the San culottes "rebel" dudes, even when it doesnt make senses. at least change the hosed voice clips. when a "royalist" dude is screaming "kill the royalist" or "bloody conservative" it ruins my lovely history immersion.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

But people got mad that Connor Forrest Gumped the American Revolution :confused:

3 d did it shittly. he shows up for 3 battles and you don't really do poo poo. I think the AC games are do poorly when they focus on specific large events(crusades, american revolution, french and indian war) they do better when are given a general era or time period (Renaissance, borgia era, golden age of piracy and to lesser extent french revolution) Like ezio is integral in stopping the pazzi conspiracy. all the assasisns creed games forrest gump, some just do it better then others.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Earwicker posted:

I actually liked the combat in AC3 the best, if mainly for the animations and superior selection of weapons. Too bad everything else in that game sucked.

This. the combat made you feel like a badass. Honestly. when will AC bite the bullet and make the combat like arkham and shadow of mordor. You can be a "stealth" game and still have fun combat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

They tried to with AC3 onwards. The project head for AC3 even said he was trying to do Arkham combat. They just weren't as good at it.

I can see that. You almost get an arkham feel in unity, but it feels weird. Your block does jack poo poo against most dudes and they crowed so fast its hard to roll.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Glad they're adding in whistling again. I think it's funny that they had an entire scene for that where it's like they were just saying, "HERE IT IS! We put it back in! Now shut up!" Seriously though, that alone will make things a lot more bearable.

Evie seems like a good character and Jacob seems like an rear end in a top hat, so... if I can play more as Evie, I will be. Other than that, the other ideas they seem to be doing are nice. "Henry," the Indian assassin, seems like a really cool character so he'll probably die around sequence 8.

Gameplay is essentially Unity with additions. Hope the fighting really is better and faster like they claim. I'll probably give this one a shot... I'm not expecting Unity levels of bad, but I'm also not expecting fantastic gameplay after that trailer. It left a lot to be desired. I appreciate that they're showing what looks to be "real" gameplay in that gameplay trailer, but it's pretty clear that there's a poo poo-ton that still needs to be done, and I don't think 5 months alone will solve all of that.

I am ok with both Fryes, but then again i have a soft spot for the puckish/dickhead rogue trope. If they arkhamize or at least better the combat, ill be ok. my guess is we will see better gameplay at E3. I hope its not just, gang fights. i want to fight templar bobbies and torries.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Darth Ballz posted:

What is weird is that pretty much every game that Ubisoft publishes under their independent label has been border line fantastic. It is their AAA offerings that are suffering. In my opinion, it is just too much bloat. Too many people, too many ideas on where to take the franchise, too many ideas on where to take the games...they need to simplify and break it back down. Unity was a great looking game, the city had great graphics and sound design, but the controls were janky, the camera is still an enemy, and the plot was not memorable in the slightest (I literally finished the game a month ago, and can't remember anything from it other than the ginger bites it ), and the person that green lit all of those collectibles needs to be shot.

the problem is Unity feels a lot like AC 1. Great looking and interesting concepts, but not that memorable except for a few moments. Ubisoft does a great job of creating big open worlds that are alive as hell and empty as gently caress at the same time. Unity for example. Its awesome to just wander down the street and watch the NPC do poo poo, but all the dynamic events you participate in are boring. The assassinations are fun, but the stealth is still meh and the crappies of the combat (even when fully upgraded) doesn't allow for a combat choice. Far cry 4 has been the only ubisoft game to get the open world feeling right to me. AC is my yearly game purchase, so i will probably pick this one up. I love the victorian era and i always thought the AC games handled general time periods (AC 2, AC 4) better then specific events (AC1, AC3, AC:U) so maybe it will work. i will probably just wait for christmas to buy it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i would say this one slightly more because they just showed in-workprogress gameplay and 1 semi gameplay trailer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Calax posted:

*restarts the game*

Why haven't we gotten "Jazz Age Junkies" yet? An AC game set during prohibition/the 20's.

we might. My guess is syndicate is probaly going to be a test bed on how vehicals(other then ships) work out in the AC series. I am hoping for some Asian or eastern Europe settings.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

This is amazing, I genuinely thought Black Flag was considered a modern, if not "masterpiece", at least "very very good game". Looking back the reviews for the PS4 version were quite glowing. On the other hand there was never a point where I thought "I should play AC3" (and for that matter, Revelations) even though I loved the poo poo out of 1, 2 and Brotherhood.

And I am legit psyched for Syndicate. Since Rogue and Unity are so cheap now I'll almost surely end up grabbing them. Though literally the only things about Unity I can think of being excited for are "Notre Dame" and "the Marquis de Sade" and I'm aware there's like a 75% chance they hosed up de Sade's character somehow.

I do wish they would do another game set further back in time. A game set in Plague-era Europe, including a sprawling but mostly abandoned London? poo poo yeah! Or what about China during the time of Genghis Khan? gently caress it make a game where you meet Jesus and he's an Assassin, at least the controversy would be great marketing.

When they used Hassan i Sabbah for a while I thought they'd draw from slightly more fringe "NWO terror" material like The Illuminatus! Trilogy. Sigismundo Celine would have been a perfect protagonist to make the bridge from Ezio and Europe to America. In fact now that I think about it, he is literally Ezio in most ways and when he gets to America he spends a lot of time with Native Americans so I bet someone on the staff is a fan.

They probably will go earlier in the next game. and unity is 13 bucks used on gamefly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

I don't know, did anyone even care when we killed the Pope?

No. it was pope alexander VI, probably one of the most corrupt(outwardly at least) pontiffs ever(though he did do alot of political poo poo and set Girolamo Savonarola off with his corruption. and besides you don't kill him, cesarie does him in in brotherhood. you only beat the gently caress out of him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PlushCow posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/assassins-creed-first-look-heres-michael-127715456582.html

I'm cautiously optimistic, as Fassbender and Cotillard are great, it's being co-produced by Fassbender's own production company so he's got more of a stake in its success, and it isn't following any specific already-established storyline. Because we all know they're a mess. I wonder if they will forgo any of the precursor stuff; sticking to the "use your ancestor's memory to train yourself for the present fight" is great as is, the whole "Those Who Came Before" sounds too goofy for the screen though I do enjoy it in the games.

I started making my way through AC: Rogue after getting it cheap on Amazon a couple months ago, and with the new assassin enemies I can no longer just rush through some objectives now and have died a few times from being surprised by them, which is a nice change of pace. I have to kinda be sneaky now, in an AC game! Who knew!

The new ship stuff is great, but I prefer the more open waters of AC4.

if its his own company it means he must sorta give a poo poo about the games, so it might be interesting, better then the new hitman movie i am sure.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Outside of the bugs and performance issues, one of Unity's biggest problems is that there is too much to do. I know that sounds like a weird complaint when I've really taken to another game lately, The Witcher 3 which also has an astronomical amount of stuff to do. But Unity... eh.

The game feels half-baked to the core. There are tons to do but only a handful of those things are actually interesting or rewarding to do. It feels like the developers stopped giving a poo poo midway through development and just wanted the game done already, probably sick and tired of the yearly Assassin's Creed milking as we are at this point. It really doesn't help that you're gated from doing some of those things until pretty much right at the end of the game because of skills now being gated behind story progression and then requiring skill points on top of that to actually unlock them.

So skip it I'd say. It's not a bad game but it's just a very boring and pointless game.
because none of the stuff Unity makes you do feels natural or organic or story related. in witcher 3, everything is a quest or random encounters. Mgs5 while sometimes barren feeling also has plenty of poo poo to do and it gives you an objective and incentives to do it. plus the AI is smart and dynamic and the fact the you can approach the mission from a shiton of ways make it feel organic. mad max is the same. Unity didnt have any of that poo poo. all the side quests didnt fit the timeline or the story or they were just animus related. for various reasons i am still sorta hopeful for syndicate. the side missions look more inline with the story and the quests, the assassinations look more open. and its a simpler time period over a shorter period of time (1 year.) http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/assassins-creed-syndicate-could-unite-main-and-side-quests/
plus after the gently caress up that was unity, they seem to at least be taking fan criticism to heart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0QPx7nSLc
so who knows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

webmeister posted:

When have they ever said combat wasn't improved though

I still dont know what they havent just bitten the bullet and made the combat system like every WB published game. it seems like they have been hinting that syndicate will try that kind of combat.

EDIT: I dont know. I am sort of exited but i am not hyped. I am sure it wont be as bad as unity.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 7, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JFC posted:

I didn't have a PC that could run anything beyond AC III until this year so I've been catching up, playing games one after another. I really loved AC IV because it was different and pirates and just a lot of fun. By the time I got to Unity all the launch problems were fixed so I had no issues with it, and I also had a lot of fun. But when I played AC Rogue after Unity it just felt like a big step backward. By the end I was bored with it. As long as Syndicate doesn't have launch problems and can build on the best parts of AC IV and Unity I'll be excited to play it.

Anyone else thing Rogue sucked? I liked Brotherhood and Revelations better than Rogue.

it was alright, i liked the templar perspective but the cities felt rehashed and empty. I assume they will eventualy just remake it for current gen and rerelease it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://me.ign.com/en/videos/111275/video/new-assassins-creed-syndicate-mission-walkthrough
new gameplay.

idk least you dont have insta-fail stealth.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zer0spunk posted:

Looks super mediocre. I'll still play it though for god knows whatever reason.

same. then again i thought black flag looked mediochere as poo poo when it was shown off and now its my favorite. god i am sad. :emo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Snuffman posted:

I obsessively follow these stupid games and is it just me or are they previewing AC:S with a lot more....real gameplay this time around? Like, it doesn't look like a scripted walkthrough but genuine, legit gameplay.

Its odd.

Marketingwise, it does seem the intent is to say: "LOOK ITS NOT BUGGY LIKE UNITY!" but they seem to be missing the point that it looks really boring.

I'll hold of. I wasn't going to get Black Flag and then the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Then I stupidly preordered Unity on AC4 good faith. I liked it, but I think I would have liked it more had I not played it at release. :sigh:

probaly because they realize how bad they hosed up with unity. Sure unity not have been "worst game evar" but it was broken enough in enough ways that ubisoft gave out free games to compensate. They risked big on a glorified new gen tech demo and lost. so for now they are taking a more Conservative approach to the markting. it reminds me alot of what happend after 3, they were a lot quieter about 4. then again alot of the bigger studios have been more queit about their various yearly projects. i have bearly heard a peep from activision, even though AW and the BO3 beta were pretty fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

I don't know what's up with those Syndicate facial animations because Unity had a really great facial animation engine, suppressed only by Witcher 3. I guess they decided not to use it?

maybe they realy are just showing early alpha/beta footage. after all the poo poo they got about watchdogs graphics it wouldnt surprise me if they were trying to cover there rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

Looks incredibly dull, I dig the time period but it doesn't work in the AC universe at all.

ehh. victorian england. rich fucks in secret socities loving over the common man for "the greater good" and for money. it works to me. also seems to have a guy richie Sherlock Holmes feel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ardent Communist posted:

Christ I hate NDAs. I wouldn't even be badtalking the game (hypothetically)!

any hints at least. you can pm if you want? i am curious if its alright or not?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/awintory/assassins-creed-syndicate-bloodlines

so apperently this is the main theme. its nice at least.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kinmik posted:

Certainly not as rousing as the previous games' themes, but it seems to fit the era just fine. I think 3 is my favorite, followed by 2 and Black Flag. I can't quite say the same for the in-game music for Syndicate, as it sounds like it's cribbed directly from Zimmer's Sherlock Holmes soundtrack.

the whole game seems to be cribbing off those movies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

season pass stuff staring jack the ripper and Duleep Singh.

seems ok maybe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I had sort of assumed Marx went without saying given the time period, the Euro setting, and Jacob straight up mentioning capitalism as a bad thing in one of the trailers, so hopefully Yohalem makes explicit-er what his glyphs in 2 and Brotherhood already made explicit (putting aside the weirdness of large videogame corporation Ubisoft critiquing capitalism in their microtransactions annualized-franchise game)

AC has always been socially/somewhat fiscally leftish, so i am sure they will mention him in someway. plus ubisoft is canadian/french, so i assume they are more left leaning (at least outwardly) then many american companies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

right, story trailer dropped. looks like a guy richie movie, which is ok with me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GXqBOw-8n8

also karl marx is in the game as a quest giver.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kin posted:

Yeah, like the concept of starting form nothing and slowly taking over the incumbent bad gangs of the city by being a bigger badass/inspiration than the current evil big bosses sounds like a great concept.

But this is Ubisoft, so the "takeover" will be a combination of completing a heavily scripted boss fight or the same combination of shallow minigames repeated about 50 times across the excessive number of highly detailed districts across the city.

That's basically Ubisofts MO:
Coming up with an interesting concept
Making a well executed small starting "tutorial" region that covers every single concept (re: minigame) the title will include.
Creation of an expansive and highly detailed city that takes the majority of the 1 year budget/time.
Copy & paste tutorial area until map is full.
Randomly add 100's pointless collectibles across the map.
Release "game".
Receive 90+ reviews from every dicksucking "professional reviewer" looking to stay in the publishers good books.

Edit: The ideal way the city takeover thing should be done on next gen consoles is through a series of things such as taking out big bad guys, but also poo poo like how you act. So, making financial contributions to certain regions to sway the public in your favour. The assassination of certain influential bad guys identified via detectivey actions (i.e. a followup to gaining influence with the public who then give you info like this) leading to a morale breaking/allegiance shift. All of this tying into a local gang getting weaker in some way such as losing their weapons because their armourer is now on your side.

Hell, you could even incorporate stuff like in Shadows of Mordor where after turning one guy, though gameplay only, you help elevate him into a higher position in his gang which in turn leads to them all becoming your allies.

I don't expect any of this to be in the new AC game.

apparently that's what mafia 3 is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Snuffman posted:

If you're cool with going a wee bit into spoiler town for the beginning of the game, here's a pretty good quick look.

Doesn't look bad, per say. The map looked surprisingly devoid of collectables, I mean...they were clearly there but not to the level of Unity.

I love Evie :3:.

Oh, and we're going back to the AC2/Brohood white style Animus...working as an Assassin in modern day perhaps?

Doesn't look amazing, just looks blandly Assassins Creed-ish. I'll probably get it if the PC reviews are favourable.

I guess ill be the sad fanboy of the thread and say i like what i see so far.

• Locked thread