Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Noirex posted:

They already have a rather major female Templar character in the main game. Can't they use her animation/model etc?

Nah, too logical.

Rasmussen posted:

The reason they gave is it's too hard, but the real reason is they and many other studios think if there is a female playable character they will lose sales because their target demo (bro dudes) think playing as girls is gay, or something. This is a true thing.

Which is a shame because I always played as either Lady Black or the rebel character. Nothing made people madder than dying to them for some reason v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

James Woods Fan posted:

How is Freedom Cry? I want some AC but I only got 15 PSN bucks.

You chop up slavers with a huge rear end machete and Adewale is a cool dude with a rad accent. It's not as huge as Black Flag, and there are no shanties (:(), but I enjoyed it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
How long would it take you to get the cash needed to unlock poo poo?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The high-end swords are completely ridiculously expensive while they 'only' cost 1000 Fakebux. Maybe money accumulates more quickly in Unity but I kinda doubt it since they want to encourage you to buy their funbux.

Is it possible to get the high end stuff within a reasonable amount of time? Is there a money generating thing like in the past games? Because yeah putting poo poo behind a paywall as a means of enticing the MUST HAVE NOW WAIT IS DUMB idiots is one thing, but buttoning it up and saying "haha what are you gonna do, grind forever for just one of these toys? no you're not, buy it now" is another. They're both lovely, though.

And to say nothing of poo poo just being unlocked with real money or nothing, but there's none of that here. I don't think so, anyway.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there any news of the Rogue PC release?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Earwicker posted:

I actually liked the combat in AC3 the best, if mainly for the animations and superior selection of weapons. Too bad everything else in that game sucked.

It really bummed me out that Black Flag locked you into swords only. Pirates had axes and hatchets too! :colbert:

Lemme chop fuckers up with a hand axe and a knife.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Rogue also lets you walk around in this outfit, so it's the best game in the franchise.

So uh drat when is this out on the PC then :ocelot::stare:

Edit:

Oh drat, the 10th? I thought it was end of March, gently caress yes.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 7, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Finally, an AC game that lets you get an NPC's cool rear end outfit.

Too bad you only get two pistols this time, though. And god dammit I want to use a small axe with my knife, that was the only thing I liked about AC3 :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Deakul posted:

Rogue seems to run approximately 100.5% better than Black Flag ever did on maxed settings for me, holy crap.

Yeah it's just insanely well optimized. I got a lot of stuttering with volumetric fog in Black Flag but this doesn't drop at all.

Wandering the River Valley area in the frontiersman outfit makes me want a PC release of Red Dead Redemption so much :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

"Oooh lookit me I'm James Cook, hotshot explorer loving about the arctic without cold weather gear. I see you eyeballing my mittens. Enjoy your frostbite, bonehead. :jerkbag:"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

Slightly disappointed with the fact that the Morrigan is smaller and has less guns than the Jackdaw, but the speed and maneuverability are definitely really nice. Ultimately not sure which ship I prefer!

Ah who am I kidding. I prefer that Man O' War you helm in that one mission in Black Flag.

There's an upgrade for the round shot that makes your cannons shoot a double load, though. Also the carronades and Puckle guns own.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

:black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Palpek posted:

If anything Black Flag 3 should be set in the Viking world. This would own both as an Assassin's Creed setting and sailing environment.

Do this, then have a rad shieldmaiden templar for the main character.

Arglebargle III posted:

With the obvious problem that the Viking's didn't build cities for anyone to climb on.

No, but a hell of a lot of other people the Vikings visited did. :v:

Also I miss the climbing jump boost power glove from one of the Ezio games. Plus it looked super cool, just that big gently caress off gauntlet on your fist. Hell yeah.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mymla posted:

Lol if you ever play as the dude without being forced to.

Chav's Creed probably gonna be good, for the setting if nothing else.

I recall hearing a thing that you can play as her but only for like a quarter of the game for Reasons.

Likely just hearsay but it wouldn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Snuffman posted:

If you're cool with going a wee bit into spoiler town for the beginning of the game, here's a pretty good quick look.

Doesn't look bad, per say. The map looked surprisingly devoid of collectables, I mean...they were clearly there but not to the level of Unity.

I love Evie :3:.

Oh, and we're going back to the AC2/Brohood white style Animus...working as an Assassin in modern day perhaps?

Doesn't look amazing, just looks blandly Assassins Creed-ish. I'll probably get it if the PC reviews are favourable.

This looks like it's not taking itself seriously at all and is hitting just the right levels of stupidity. Now I wanna play this poo poo :buddy:

• Locked thread