Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The only PS4 game I wanted was GGXRD which is coming to PS3 with cross play for cheaper, and I looked at the upcoming ps4 releases and ehhh

But bayonetta and smash bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
you've made the right choice. go forward with confidence

welcome to club nintendo brother

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Theres no ps4 or xbox one games that you cant just play on PC, so buy a wii u and play all the good,fun and cute games, that run at 60 fps, because nintendo is the only company who cares about good game design.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Currently refurb systems are the best deal, but the holidays are upon us and there's a real good chance to get the system for under 200 much more easily.

Not only that but you might get a game out of the deal too.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Don't think. Do.

Do buy a Wii U.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't live in the US and would have to import so low prices are not a thing that's gonna happen, that's the issue

a Wii U and PS4 are the same price here, both $400. Wii U with Mario 3D World though which is a good game I played already

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

That's only for americans.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I literally just said I'm gonna pay $400 if I buy one, same price as a PS4. Thankfully I have a job, and money

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Wii U is God's own console. You've made the right choice.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

The Wii U is God's own console. You've made the right choice.

Pretty sure The Shinto dudes are not monotheistic.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Pretty sure The Shinto dudes are not monotheistic.

the lord works in mysterious ways

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

the lord works in mysterious ways

Actually has anyone ever asked any of the Nintendo guys their religion. Like I don't think it's documented anywhere.

Maybe they're all a bunch of Atheists?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
but op, the wii u does not have any anime game imports

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh for some reason i thought the wii u was region free, silly me :sigh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

but op, the wii u does not have any anime game imports

Smash brothers, bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors all count as Sanctioned and Pure Anime Games.

Dexters Secret posted:

oh for some reason i thought the wii u was region free, silly me :sigh:
Miyamoto came out recently and said region locking is something he would go back on putting in, if he was given a chance.

They might be learning, I hope they give NOA autonomy so NOJ stops making stupid decisions about the west.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Miyamoto came out recently and said region locking is something he would go back on putting in, if he was given a chance.

Iwata.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

my mistake, yes that guy, him.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually bought an anime import in 2014 lol. It was the Vita version of J Stars Victory while I was in Japan. It was a fun game and you can be Joseph Joestar and punch Goku, or Naruto. Gets repetitive quickly tho but it was a good souvenir. WHen you pick the fist of the north star guy all of his special moves and combos go WATATATATATTATA WATATATA TATATATATATA

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

But yeah Bayonetta is basically an anime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That Candy Kong trophy looks a shitload more animeized than any of the previous Kongs.

it's also weird as poo poo and shows that apes are always loving ugly looking nomatter what.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
don't forget to redeem your club Nintendo points, op. Consoles are worth lots of Mario bux.

Heard their rewards aren't as good anymore but hey free stuff

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I never redeemed my 3DS lol.
Do you have to manually redeem digital purchases

I was gonna redeem smash since I have the other smash and you get free stuff for both

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I think I'm coming around as well, OP.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's only for americans.
as if that ever stopped anyone

nintendo doesn't really like europe, so buying the american sku is the better choice, anyway

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

rune factory 4

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
get w101 op

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pomp posted:

get w101 op

No there are other better games out now for around 20 bucks and under.

Rayman legends is a mere pittance now.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

nintendo is the only company who cares about good game design.

this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

In spite of that, go for it OP

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

DrPaper posted:

this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

In spite of that, go for it OP

WTF?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

you can't just flat out say the company you like is the only one who cares about good game design, when many other companies - many who aren't even hardware developers, and therefore not even in competition with nintendo - also greatly care about good game design, and while nintendo has and still makes games that have bad game design (like Yoshi's new Island what the gently caress nintendo)

wii u is cool, nintendo is cool, but let's not overstate things

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nintendo did not develop Yoshis new island. Your clearly a troll.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
congratulations, op

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DrPaper posted:

you can't just flat out say the company you like is the only one who cares about good game design, when many other companies - many who aren't even hardware developers, and therefore not even in competition with nintendo - also greatly care about good game design, and while nintendo has and still makes games that have bad game design (like Yoshi's new Island what the gently caress nintendo)

wii u is cool, nintendo is cool, but let's not overstate things

Not true I'm pretty sure every non-Nintendo game is brown and is meant for people who deny their enjoyment of supposed "kiddie" games just because they're colorful. They're making a poor attempt at trying to pass for adults.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Nintendo did not develop Yoshis new island. Your clearly a troll.

yeah they clearly care about game design by letting someone else take their IP and make an awfully designed game, publish and advertise it and also make money off of it

nintendo isn't perfect and there are other developers who care about great game design too

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

DrPaper posted:

yeah they clearly care about game design by letting someone else take their IP and make an awfully designed game, publish and advertise it and also make money off of it

nintendo isn't perfect and there are other developers who care about great game design too

Name one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Atlus

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Platinum Games

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

DrPaper posted: