Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Namco Bandai Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

From Software

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FYI there's lots of ways to ship things with forwarding services yes but that completely ruins the point of getting a cheap refurb, those services can tack on a pretty big chunk to the price I use them a lot.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

remember that you'll be able to use the american eshop for all your games and pay for them that way with your powerful, non-poo poo currency

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

treyarch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dexters Secret posted:

remember that you'll be able to use the american eshop for all your games and pay for them that way with your powerful, non-poo poo currency

The ones we buy here are imported US ones already but going through the hassle of forwarding and clearing through customs offsets the price difference

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Not a company but I mean come on, that thing was the biggest turd ever and Nintendo popped it out.

No one is immune.

And they're releasing New 3DS which is a terribly confusing name again. And in two different sizes too.

Not only that they have not even said what other games asides from Xenoblade require it. Because Monster Hunter isn't even confirmed if it needs it or not.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Not even remotely the same

Yeah, but it was the most recent headscratcher I could think of. Like it's a big deal to put out a new console and have next to no info on what upcoming releases are going to need it.

I guess you could list the buttload of addons and physical gimmick stuff like ROB and everything that never caught on or were only used for one or two games.

A Gamecube with every attachment equipped looks like a life support machine.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The ones we buy here are imported US ones already but going through the hassle of forwarding and clearing through customs offsets the price difference

the eshop means you download the games

so there'd be none of that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Have you SEEN a Genesis with a 32X and a Sega CD hooked up?

Seen it?

I own one, but a fully decked out gamecube is far worse. The Bongos really add that "what the hell were we thinking" flair to it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

It's an abomination

Only if you don't have a 24 input surge protector. The regular strips can't fit all three system power bricks at once.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
My WiiU should be arriving in the mail today. I ordered a refurb bundle with Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2. Today's also my Friday at work, so I'm really looking forward to spending the next two days gaming :)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

From Software

:staredog:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
drat it feels good to own a Wii U.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

From Software

ROFL.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Mercury Crusader posted:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I want to own a Wii U and play good games now

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

It does.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mercury Crusader posted:

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I have a wiiu and really enjoy it! Not very fond of driving games so I haven't really touched Mario cart.my roommate looks it though

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
I will be joining you soon, OP.

The mario platformers look good to me and I want to try out Pikmin 3.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dexters Secret posted:

the eshop means you download the games

so there'd be none of that

I know that I mean the initial console purchase you can't download a console!!!

noELrunes posted:

I will be joining you soon, OP.

The mario platformers look good to me and I want to try out Pikmin 3.

I played a lot of Mario world with friend it's so good. I did not like the 2d one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

buy a wiiu, it is the correct choice

the only thing the console needs IMO is a good shooter, hopefully splatoon delivers

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
can you get wind waker hd on the wii u? if so... drat..

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

can you get wind waker hd on the wii u? if so... drat..

You can, and it's good. They overdid it on the bloom, but other than that it's the best version of the game. Triforce hunt, the part everyone hated, has been greatly streamlined and you can buy a sail that lets you go super fast as well as always have favorable wind.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

maybe i'm just gay but i always liked the sailing around part

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

I always liked it too, but for people who didn't like it they made it easier to avoid (and the amount of sailing you have to do isn't that bad once you get fast travel, which is pretty early).

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Silver Striker posted:

greatly streamlined

woah, I might have to buy that. I never beat WW on the GameCube b/c of that

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Popular Human posted:

woah, I might have to buy that. I never beat WW on the GameCube b/c of that

Basically, anytime you would find a Triforce Chart Chart you just find a Triforce Chart, and anytime you would have found a regular Triforce Chart you find a piece of the Triforce. The whole thing is a lot more manageable in terms of rupees and traveling. I think I finished it in like an hour total.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

And that was with me still not remembering the proper way through the teleport maze.

Dec 26, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

the sailing was ok, my complaint with the original game was more that it was super easy

iirc they added a hard mode so maybe thats much less so?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

the sailing was ok, my complaint with the original game was more that it was super easy

iirc they added a hard mode so maybe thats much less so?

the hard mode is a battle of attrition. things deal double damage (which doesnt matter a lot until the end of the game where that means 6 hearts of damage from mighty darknuts), and there are no hearts or fairies in-field so youve gotta bring your own heals.

you can turn it off at anytime and you dont get anything special for completing the game this way, but its a nice option if you felt invincible in WW.

i just wish it also gave enemies+bosses double health since another problem with WW is that everything dies to a combo or two.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 4, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The swift sail makes sailing more fun. Instead of having to play the Wind's Requiem every time you wanted to switch direction, it changes direction for you. If you really want to be old school, you can still use the old sail as an option too.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just wish it also gave enemies+bosses double health since another problem with WW is that everything dies to a combo or two.

I agree. The game does become a little too easy after acquiring the master sword.

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the hard mode is a battle of attrition. things deal double damage (which doesnt matter a lot until the end of the game where that means 6 hearts of damage from mighty darknuts), and there are no hearts or fairies in-field so youve gotta bring your own heals.

you can turn it off at anytime and you dont get anything special for completing the game this way, but its a nice option if you felt invincible in WW.

that sounds way better, yeah

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yoshi's wooly world, Captain Toad and Mario Maker all look really cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i have owned a wii u since last march and just purchased a copy o f bayonetta 2. viva gaming, op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new trailer of splatoon loving owned

captain toad owns

xenoblade X looks super polished from the last time we saw it at E3

wii u owns

buy a wiiu

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am going to buy a WiiU and then Bayonetta 2.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I got my Wii U today and I'm enjoying Bayonetta and Super Mario 3D World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
mine gets in tomorrow and target is doing buy 2 games get 1 free

• Locked thread