Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Problem description: This has happened a couple of times and I'm not sure what the hell is wrong. With a couple of games there are window popups I can't interact with. It's like they are an image I can't X out of. I have to force-close the "launcher" programs through task manager.

Its the windows that look like this:

The OK button may as well not be there and the red X changes colour on mouseover and press but doesnt close it. It's happened in multiple programs so far (FFXIV ARR and Fallout 3 launcher).

I'm thinking some kind of framework probably needs to be reinstalled but Ill be damned if I know which one.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the message in the window is unrelated, I just want to press OK and try a different password, but I can't press OK.

EDIT2: Here is an image of the other window that wont work properly when it's real, for completeness, I can't select/change any of the dropdowns or buttons, it's like it's an image (this is an actual image, I realise the irony):

Attempted fixes: I've tried googling a solution but apparently I can't manage to phrase it in a way that doesn't get me a load of unrelated garbage

Recent changes: The drive was recently reflashed
--

Operating system: Windows 8.1

System specs: P7P55 LX, i5 760, GTX 760

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread