Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
Pretty simple.

Here's my portfolio and some notes on what interests me in it and how come.

AAPL puts short - Hedge for general market correction/adverse event. I picked these up ahead of the iPhone 6 release incase all of the hub-bub was overrating it again.

CRDS - This company is the plaintiff against Oracle, Cisco, Dot Hill, and other big-name cloud and storage service providers. They're rocking a portfolio that has won 5/5 times and there is big news from a Markman hearing coming out before the end of the year (more likely: early December)

FB - FB is trading at a crazy price to earnings. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event. I simply do not believe their growth story is going to stay the same. The biggest money market is the USA and it is 100% saturated and all FB can do is tweak and optimize here. FB is at something like 1.3 billion users so... they are expanding into 3rd world countries who aren't going to be very lucrative according to an 88x price-to-earnings.

FFKY - I had a bunch of this at $3.60 waiting for a share-exchange buyout that is pending. The date passed, no buyout yet. Left the position before that once I realized how illiquid the two companies shares are.

GGP - Trading at a large multiple and I believe their revenues are more fragile than the market price indicates. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event

GTATQ - Huge huge profit coming in on this deal when they leave Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. I made a huge mistake and have 1/2 the number of shares that I ought to.. and just today they announced a huge settlement on the contract that put them into Chp 11.

ESI - Company's last couple of annual statements put them at negative earnings per share due to one-time expenses. The business isn't doing the best it ever has, but I own this position because of the earnings report coming out in a few days will likely display a positive EPS of $1-3 dollars. That ought to wake the market up and bring this company nearer to its peers in the industry's P/E ratio. That'd put ESI at over $20 per share.

HKUP - Its a social networking app for getting laid. I like the idea. I'd try the app but it isn't out for Windows phone.

NIHDQ - Very risky bankruptcy that I am speculating on because I have no clue what it means for the equity that there are three major divisions of this company that are not included in the bankruptcy proceedings. And the company has a big spectrum asset in those unbankrupted division's markets. I may cut this position down instead of looking foolish at 0.00 price per share.

ORB - This is just a mess of options positions. But I ended up long-gamma so I'm ok with it. This company's buyout is being reconsidered by ATK.

TSLA - lol call at $475. No one can call me a negative nancy.

TWTR - Similar to facebook, just overvalued IMO. Their revenues are from advertising and will go kaput in the next downturn. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event.

IAU - Its gold. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event. Hedge for dollar's fiat status.

SLV - Its silver. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event. Used in Solar cells.

QQQ - Hedge for general market correction/adverse event

UUP - I've been long the dollar for a couple of years but never have enough money to make it a meaningful gain. Took some profit from these calls at $23. I'm up 2000% on my dollar investments.

SCHG - Hedge for general market correction/adverse event
PSLV - Silver again. SPROTT is a bullion fund unlike SLV.

VIX - Hedge for general market correction/adverse event.

Ask.

Best Regards,
RG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I'm shorting this thread. notes and how come: your posts are total poo poo.

best regards,
moana

Blackjack2000
Mar 29, 2010

RichardGamingo posted:

GTATQ - Huge huge profit coming in on this deal when they leave Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. I made a huge mistake and have 1/2 the number of shares that I ought to.. and just today they announced a huge settlement on the contract that put them into Chp 11.

Pretty sure that emerging from the Chapter 11 involves wiping out the existing shares.

RichardGamingo posted:

NIHDQ - Very risky bankruptcy that I am speculating on because I have no clue what it means

Pretty much stop there.

RichardGamingo posted:

SLV - Its silver. Hedge for general market correction/adverse event. Used in Solar cells.

I especially like this one. It's a hedge because it's a precious metal, but wait, it's also used in solar cells. That means it goes up either way!!

Your Facebook and Twitter comments are just facile regurgitations of internet wisdom that their shares are overpriced, and the cool kids are doing other stuff now.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Good lord

You have put your money into calls and puts which will likely expire worthless, and into penny stocks / pink sheets which are rife with scams and companies teetering on bankruptcy.

You are not investing or saving, you are gambling, you have no idea what you are doing and are going to lose most of what money you have.

Get out of your positions at whatever you can salvage. Put it all in SPY and forget about it, burn any books on finance you have bought that have led you to this bullshit. Anyone who has told you what you are doing is a good idea is full of it and you need to stop listening to them, including if it's the voices in your head.

Womens Jeans
Sep 13, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If I understand you coorrectly, you think that Apple will be below $60 by the end of November? And the only money you can make is $60-AAPL price? So if Apple goes to $50 (ie loses half its value) you will make $10/share? If I haven't completely misunderstood you, and I am correct, then this is total insanity.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Womens Jeans posted:

If I understand you coorrectly, you think that Apple will be below $60 by the end of November? And the only money you can make is $60-AAPL price? So if Apple goes to $50 (ie loses half its value) you will make $10/share? If I haven't completely misunderstood you, and I am correct, then this is total insanity.

Would you say you're flutterbrained about it?

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
5500 shares of GTAT

:lol:

What's your basis in those?

Blackjack2000
Mar 29, 2010

Bisty Q. posted:

5500 shares of GTAT

:stonklol:

I didn't notice the share balance on that.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only company I can really comment on is Facebook and I think you've completely lost the plot on that one, albeit your position doesn't appear big at all. I was a disbeliever in Facebook many moons ago, but I think once they made the successful transition to monetizing mobile they silenced the doubters. And while it may be true that younger folks are disengaging with Facebook, they're moving to....Instagram which is also Facebook. The company has just started monetizing Instagram...like within the past few weeks, so that will be another large revenue source. WhatsApp is also another potential source of monetization. With Facebook, you are getting the world's largest trove of advertising data. They've just scratched the surface of what the company can do. The high multiple is certainly justified with the way that profits are accelerating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
We already have a thread for stock poo poo full of experts on the topic of stock poo poo who will be happy to give you feedback and chatz about your stock poo poo. Go play there.

Best Regards,
RG

ps lol gtat

slap me silly fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread