Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's getting to the point that anything worthwhile for the systems are now running brand new 2014 game prices. Even importing isn't even an option anymore because Japan's banking system is screwed up and the import charges and insane right now.

There's also one guy who's buying up all Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 4 and 6, and Chrono Trigger carts and has a few thousand at this point with no intentions to sell. I mean Geez the Mother 2 SNES cart is averaging around 30-40 bucks now where it was 10 dollars in 2013.

Most retro stores around here are selling the sports games starting at 5-10 dollars. Yes games that are not NHL 94 are commanding a price over a dollar because some people will just buy anything if it's for an old Nintendo system.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'd like an actual retro gaming thread in imp zone, but i'll be damned if it's a treaper trhead

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i'd like an actual retro gaming thread in imp zone, but i'll be damned if it's a treaper trhead

I'm really the only one who talks about old games. Everyone else is either obsessed with pixel sharpness or just talks about LPs about old games.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

genesis games are fine tho right

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

zen death robot posted:

Then make a better thread!

ok maybe later

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's even worse in EU, especially with localized poo poo like in Scandinavia. some loving retards think that their swedish retrogame is worth a metric shitton of $$$ just because the cart says some letters instead of different ones for UK/main EU. pisses me off. also people trying to sell working NES with no pictures for hundreds of dollars crack me up every time. worst thing is that these fuckers are also probably succeeding at this.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

Ok cool thanks t. reap

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

If you (or anyone) makes a better Retrogaming thread for Imp Zone ill gas this one and punish the reaper for his crimes

That's coming off really weird I'm not some sort of prize to be won.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

taint reaper did nothing wrong.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

he loves gaming as much as any of us.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

This is a pretty rad movement cause I own a shitload of retro games and now because of hoarders I can retire in Saipan and live like a king :fyadride:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I need 788 more NES games for the US set

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
earthbound cartridges are way more than new release games, taint reaper

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
my super mario rpg legend of the seven stars cart is prob like 100 bux alone

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

gay skull posted:

I need 788 more NES games for the US set

complete sets are loving stupid most NES games are garbage

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i bought it from blockbuster in 1998 or some poo poo bitches

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Prodigal T-REX posted:

my super mario rpg legend of the seven stars cart is prob like 100 bux alone

its more like 50

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Swelter Discharge posted:

complete sets are loving stupid most NES games are garbage

I sold my car for a copy of flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak because walking is healthier anyway and driving is for lazy fuckers who will be wheelchair bound from being clinically obese by age 40

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

taint reaper did nothing wrong.

He blows donkey nards at posting.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Swelter Discharge posted:

its more like 50

cool, thanks

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

How much is SNES campus challenge these days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I never understand why people collect known garbage systems like 32X or 3D0

I don't understand people who collect things at all so I just assume it's something a collector would understand, and I simply cannot.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

zen death robot posted:

it makes sense if thats what they had when they were kids

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

NES and SNES emulation has been perfected

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Does anyone here actually have a stadium events cartridge and if so can I smell it

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This wouldn't be a problem, OP, if your wife wasn't throwing out all your video games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you're spending an insane amount of money on SNES/NES games you're a sad soul of a human being.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

seiferguy posted:

If you're spending an insane amount of money on SNES/NES games you're a sad soul of a human being.

I agree. A true gamer would already own them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I agree. A true gamer would already own them.

[Said to a very epic orchestral triumphant crescendo.]

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

zen death robot posted:

failed systems are kool and interesting

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Lmao if you didn't keep the box and instructions for your SNES games

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Most of my boxes were crushed or I bought the games used without a box so whoops

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Most of the old video games I own I kept when I was a kid in the ol' NES/16-bit days, and then I would buy them in bulk from friends and stuff while in high school because everybody wanted money to buy Final Fantasy VII and I just wanted all their Mega Man and Dragon Warrior games. Old video games are fun. :)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone please force the taint reaper to stop posting here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

So t reap, how many more nes and snes games do you need to complete your collection anyways

I just try to get the good games and not bother with completing entire console libraries.

That and porting things in newer formats is acceptable. Like I don't own the NES Zeldas in their original format since they're both going for around 20-30 bucks now. But I've got the Zelda Anthology that has them.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The taint reaper is a better poster than like 95% of the peeps who post here. Its either games posters too lazy to hit the shift key or yospos rejects

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I find myself continually playing and replaying a few SNES classics and I feel like maybe I could expand my horizons.

There's gotta be more to the SNES than SMW, LTTP and MMX.

Not gonna play any RPGs on that machine though, I've done my time.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Lmao if you didn't keep the box and instructions for your SNES games

the only games I didn't buy used for the SNES was Mario Paint, Vegas Stakes and DKC2

the rest of them were all just carts

therefore I didn't actually know Captain Falcon was from F-Zero when I unlocked him in smash until reading his bio

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

The taint reaper is a better poster than like 95% of the peeps who post here. Its either games posters too lazy to hit the shift key or yospos rejects
truly you two are a match made in hell

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone please force the taint reaper to stop posting here.
ZDR already said if someone makes a better thread then he'll gas this one and punish taint reaper. you know what you must do, everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you really want to play an old NES / SNES game I don't know why you wouldn't just get it on emulator (provided you delete it after 24 hours)

• Locked thread