Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Most of the old video games I own I kept when I was a kid in the ol' NES/16-bit days, and then I would buy them in bulk from friends and stuff while in high school because everybody wanted money to buy Final Fantasy VII and I just wanted all their Mega Man and Dragon Warrior games. Old video games are fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone please force the taint reaper to stop posting here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

So t reap, how many more nes and snes games do you need to complete your collection anyways

I just try to get the good games and not bother with completing entire console libraries.

That and porting things in newer formats is acceptable. Like I don't own the NES Zeldas in their original format since they're both going for around 20-30 bucks now. But I've got the Zelda Anthology that has them.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The taint reaper is a better poster than like 95% of the peeps who post here. Its either games posters too lazy to hit the shift key or yospos rejects

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I find myself continually playing and replaying a few SNES classics and I feel like maybe I could expand my horizons.

There's gotta be more to the SNES than SMW, LTTP and MMX.

Not gonna play any RPGs on that machine though, I've done my time.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Lmao if you didn't keep the box and instructions for your SNES games

the only games I didn't buy used for the SNES was Mario Paint, Vegas Stakes and DKC2

the rest of them were all just carts

therefore I didn't actually know Captain Falcon was from F-Zero when I unlocked him in smash until reading his bio

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

The taint reaper is a better poster than like 95% of the peeps who post here. Its either games posters too lazy to hit the shift key or yospos rejects
truly you two are a match made in hell

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone please force the taint reaper to stop posting here.
ZDR already said if someone makes a better thread then he'll gas this one and punish taint reaper. you know what you must do, everybody

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you really want to play an old NES / SNES game I don't know why you wouldn't just get it on emulator (provided you delete it after 24 hours)

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

PLEASE do not feed the troll

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ForeverSmug posted:

How do you get rejected from YOSPOS

Serious question

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Widestancer posted:

How do you get rejected from YOSPOS

Serious question

lets be fair, getting rejected from a fail forum doesn't prove much

like doesnt YOSPOS really hate INRI for some weird reason (i might be thinking of another funny poster)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

lets be fair, getting rejected from a fail forum doesn't prove much

like doesnt YOSPOS really hate INRI for some weird reason (i might be thinking of another funny poster)

INRI is not a YOSPOS reject though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

ForeverSmug was rejected from the 'pos? :wth:

Better take benadryl until I kill my own nervous system

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

you can get lucky at yard sales, vendor's malls, and flea markets

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

you might also be able to find good deals on games and systems

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm the one selling Earthbound labeled carts that actually have Bubble Bath Babes loaded on.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
can't wait until my lovely old SNES and copies of SMW, LTTP and Super Metroid are worth a fortune.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I know a guy, his name is krikzz, he'll hook you up with all the Earthbounds and Mothers you could ever want

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Widestancer posted:

I'm the one selling Earthbound labeled carts that actually have Bubble Bath Babes loaded on.

bubble bath babes is for the NES

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
hmm yes i must spend thousands of dollars on old games instead of emulating them for free

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

stoutfish posted:

hmm yes i must spend thousands of dollars on old games instead of emulating them for free

excuse me but there is a console called the Wii U where i can get all the decent legit roms it's pretty nice

i think we're almost at the point where a wii u + mega man x3 through the virtual console would cost less than just the mmx3 snes cart

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Hello, I am selling a sun damaged SNES with no box, or cables. I cannot test to see if it is working, but it did last time I plugged it in over 5 years ago. I am looking to get $300 firm. I also have a copy of super Mario world, the label is gone and is written on the cartridge in sharpie. I am selling this for $100 separate or $75 with the SNES console. Again, prices are non negotiable and messages or emails asking otherwise will be ignored!

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Every Craigslist ad in my area for SNES games

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

crazkylo posted:

not pictured: harpy wife trying to force them to sell their things

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

crazkylo posted:

amen

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
nes controllers are really uncomfortable

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I spilled a can of cola on it and it stopped working, but I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing could get it working again!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

the good ads have a picture

"hey could you add a picture of the loving almost 30 year old electronic device you are trying to sell for $300?"

"yeah sure np" *adds stock pictures from google*

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i went to an actual retro game store that opened here recently and they also had a tiny selection of vintage clothing and vinyl and it just made no sense, also everything pre-N64 was really expensive

i bought blast corps for like 5 bucks though

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

nes controllers are really uncomfortable

i likem. get the nes 30 :

play shovel knight and emulators

jizz uncontrollably

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

i meant of the wife

yeah I got that but your post made me think of that

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

i meant of the wife

*opens DocEvilsExWife.jpeg*

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i went to an actual retro game store that opened here recently and they also had a tiny selection of vintage clothing and vinyl and it just made no sense, also everything pre-N64 was really expensive

i bought blast corps for like 5 bucks though

There is a shop like this a few towns over from me. Everything is priced $10-20 above average EBay prices. And he keeps all the really expensive items in a glass case behind the counter. Like Final Fantasy Tactics that he wanted $100 for.

I did get a genesis arcade stick for $5 though, because the A button was sticking and I told him it would be a tricky fix.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I got an NES a few weeks ago for $15. It didn't come with any cables or anything, so I went out and bought those, since it's still less than buying everything on ebay. I finally put a game in and it doesn't loving work. I took the system apart, since I thought maybe the 72-pin connector needed cleaning, but it turns out the motherboard had somehow loving melted. Also there was a colony of dead spiders inside.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

other than the pin connector, consoles without fans or optical drives will live forever if also surge protected (which may have been what happened here, surge goes boom). also, not letting spiders shack up inside it helps

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
What is the weirdest thing you've found inside a console or cartridge while cleaning it? I had a copy of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that had a bunch of dead spiders in it. It also looked, felt, and smell like it had been dipped in motor oil.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

crazkylo posted:

What is the weirdest thing you've found inside a console or cartridge while cleaning it? I had a copy of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that had a bunch of dead spiders in it. It also looked, felt, and smell like it had been dipped in motor oil.

someone post the yospos secret santa dreamcast of mealworms pics

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

crazkylo posted:

How do people keep getting living things in their gaming equipment? I've only ever had to remove dust...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Remember the guy who lost a fingat? A true hero.

• Locked thread