Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u could sell them one at a time over a period of a million years maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey yall, i bought a copy of earthbound on the nintendo eshop for like 10 bucks

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
speculator booms are great and the only thing better are digital sales

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Swelter Discharge posted:

why wouldnt u just clip them off

Because.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

that wouldnt work anyuway.
then why the gently caress am I wasting my money on this poo poo

god gently caress

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Ragg posted:

Who gives a flying gently caress.

Well, me, for starters. Pwn'd.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

R. Bear in Streets of Rage 2 is basically Soda Popinski in the Navy and he is completely wrecking my poo poo at the moment.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

zen death robot posted:

If you (or anyone) makes a better Retrogaming thread for Imp Zone ill gas this one and punish the reaper for his crimes

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679650

Does this constitute?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Just a little tip if you're looking at a stupid expensive SNES JRPG just import the japanese version they're like 50 dollars cheaper and you already know the story cause its the same one used in every jrpg ever stop kidding yourself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SeXReX posted:

Just a little tip if you're looking at a stupid expensive SNES JRPG just import the japanese version they're like 50 dollars cheaper and you already know the story cause its the same one used in every jrpg ever stop kidding yourself.

They were running a buck each up until the import charge changes. For under 10 bucks you could get Final fantasies 4,5,6,Dragonquest 5 and 6, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound all together.

Japanese Super Metroid is the exact same as the US version and were printed in the same run. There is literally no difference between the two versions other than the cart shape.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 8, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

So you already had them, right?

They were the first thing I imported, the ones that popped my Nippon cherry.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Theres a store on ebay that does 100 SFC game lots that are 100 dollars plus 50 for shipping, every paycheck i'm so drat tempted to get one.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Widestancer posted:

How do you get rejected from YOSPOS

Serious question

Ask Knuc U Kinte... :twisted:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Theres a store on ebay that does 100 SFC game lots that are 100 dollars plus 50 for shipping, every paycheck i'm so drat tempted to get one.

you will get 50 mahjong games and 50 horse breeding simulators

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

univbee posted:

you will get 50 mahjong games and 50 horse breeding simulators

Actually there are pictures. http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHOLESALE-S...=item462b46641b

so you get like 15 cool games and then 85 copies of horse breeding

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So are the Mario Edutainment games and Mario Paint games bad?

Because I beat Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island the other week and I am out of classic Mario games.

Yes I even beat SNES Mario kart and Super Mario RPG too.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because I beat Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island the other week and I am out of classic Mario games.

I'm the world record holder for Mario's Time Machine on the SNES in both any% and low% categories.

they're god awful

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mario Paint is more an app than a game (the game is just a fly-swatting mini-game and there isn't much to it), although it's a good one, at least for the era (you'll need a Super NES Mouse, though, which is a ball mouse :gonk:)

The edutainment games are horrible

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
exploiting 20 and 30-somethings obsessed with gaming nostalgia owns. id do the exact same thing and charge big bucks for some dingy-rear end copy of chrono trigger or smk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if they're too much don't buy them

It Just Makes Sense

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i

am turok

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
mario paint loving owns and if you own a snes and not the mouse you haven't lived

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Werr there any other games that made use of the mouse besides Mario Paint, cause that was a cool peripheral at the time.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

Werr there any other games that made use of the mouse besides Mario Paint, cause that was a cool peripheral at the time.

king arthur's world

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

seiferguy posted:

Jurassic Park

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think Mario & Wario or whatever it was called might have used it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Wolfenstein 3D and I think also the Doom ports

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

and vegas stakes

and I think even super noah's ark 3d did too but that's because it's literally wolfenstein.smc but with noahs ark graphics

simcity didn't for some reason and you'd think they would have patched that in eventually but then again, nintendo :rolleyes:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

its turbogay how other systems like ps1 and dreamcast had mice but only a few games that used them and then consoles started having USB ports so you could just plug in any mouse to play and now no console games use mice, what the gently caress dude

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

gay skull posted:

its turbogay how other systems like ps1 and dreamcast had mice but only a few games that used them and then consoles started having USB ports so you could just plug in any mouse to play and now no console games use mice, what the gently caress dude

someone did a test because they wanted to make a multiplayer game where console gamers and pc gamers could play together. middling average fps gamers were consistently wiping the floor with the best console controller players they could find, so they ditched the idea.

although you can get a xim if you really want the kb+m experience.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

univbee posted:

someone did a test because they wanted to make a multiplayer game where console gamers and pc gamers could play together. middling average fps gamers were consistently wiping the floor with the best console controller players they could find, so they ditched the idea.

lol shadowrun '07 tried to alleviate that with messing up the PC gamer's aiming anytime they did a quick turn

I was thinking more along the lines of a modern mario paint or clock tower but touchscreens and right sticks have made the console mouse obsolete so the kids of today will grow up in a grayer and gayer world than we did

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

DrPaper posted:

NES and SNES emulation has been perfected

What a glorious time in which we live

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull posted:

[Said to a very epic orchestral triumphant crescendo.]

Soral
May 30, 2009

univbee posted:

i hear that story about someone putting console and pc people together a lot but nobody ever posts a source. i would like to read it and lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

DrPaper posted:

NES and SNES emulation has been perfected

lol 60fps

e. for people without autism

an actual SNES runs at just over 60FPS and there isn't an emulator I know of that does this.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 9, 2014

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Higan is very very close in most games

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soral posted:

i hear that story about someone putting console and pc people together a lot but nobody ever posts a source. i would like to read it and lol

Not 100% reliable but

http://www.totalxbox.com/21262/xbox-vs-pc-scrapped-because-of-imbalance/

quote:

"I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse."

Unfortunately the precision of mouse aiming meant the PC players had something of an advantage.

"The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative."

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats nothing 2 do with skill and all to do with the fact that controlelrs arent as good for aiming with as mice

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
er, nvm thot u were trying tio imply that ppl who play games on pcs were more skileld or something. excuse me haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

SeXReX posted:

lol 60fps

e. for people without autism

an actual SNES runs at just over 60FPS and there isn't an emulator I know of that does this.

if SNES does the thing where the framerate is tied to ntsc refresh rates you're gonna end up wanting to kill yourself if you try to get it absolutely perfect

• Locked thread