Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is it, no show lasts forever (except apparently Royal Pains which was just renewed for two more seasons) with a final 6 episode season for White Collar. If you remember, last season ended with Neal kidnapped by unknown forces but considering this was before they knew the show was over and none of the commercials really address this expect it to be resolved fairly quickly. According to Jeff Eastin the fact that this is only 6 episodes means they're eschewing the typical "case of the week" and instead this is just going to be more of a miniseries. They're also going to be pulling a lot of guests from previous seasons. So expect some familiar faces to show up.

So, quick character recap: Neal kidnapped, El working in DC, Peter now head of NYC's White Collar division, Jones has Peter's old job, Dianna raising little Theo. Mozzie doing what Mozzie does.

Tonight's episode: "Borrowed Time"
Neal tries to secure his freedom once and for all by making a deal with the FBI brass. To do so however, he must gain access to the leader of an international crime syndicate. Elsewhere, El get's startling news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Six episodes? Who let the Brits run our cable networks?

Honestly, I thought this show was already cancelled. I completely forgot about it and didn't watch last season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're saying that this season is supposed to be watchable by lapsed fans too.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JohnSherman posted:

Honestly, I thought this show was already cancelled.

It almost was. Contracts had expired and USA was perfectly content to let the show end with last season's cliffhanger (or at the most do a TV movie) while Fox and the producers were insisting on a full season. The six-episode final season was a last-minute compromise.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 7, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh, Neal, you're just so good looking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason it seems like whenever there are new episodes of White Collar my USA feed turns to poo poo.

Edit: Yup, final season. That's a hosed up way to end her story.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 7, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Baby Suit?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

This is my weekly post to say that White Collar is still a fun show and that Covert Affairs got a new writer or something two seasons ago and is now an actual good show.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Oh poo poo, I didn't know White Collar was already back. I figured it could only be 6 episodes long, after all, they nearly had their ending last season, if it weren't for that stupid kidnapping poo poo. Welp, might as well watch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Five episodes left: "Return to Sender"
The FBI agrees to grant Neal his freedom if he can bring down the Pine Panthers once and for all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have to wonder what Keller's game is in not exposing Neal.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

muscles like this? posted:

Have to wonder what Keller's game is in not exposing Neal.

Take his place on the pink throne as the greatest thief who ever lived. Probably by getting the rest of the panthers to die in a shootout with the FBI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And of course Mozzie already figured it out.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is Brother Mouzone really the head of the FBI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Four episodes left "Uncontrolled Variables"
Neal is conflicted over scamming an innocent mark while running a con for the Pink Panthers. Elsewhere, Peter works with a reckless Interpol agent who may put their entire operation into jeopardy.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I stopped watching after a couple episodes last season, I felt like they were kind of running out of ideas. Guess it's time to get caught up!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Time for some BMW and Go Pro money.

It is kind of funny though how their car product placement has stepped up considering originally they just pimped Fords.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I could pull off Bono glasses :haw:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neal needs to stop falling rear end backwards into beautiful women.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I do enjoy their decision to have a french cop go after the pink panthers

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Neal needs to stop falling rear end backwards into beautiful women.

When you look like Neal, it's not unbelievable.

Azhais posted:

I do enjoy their decision to have a french cop go after the pink panthers

... :doh:

I enjoyed Mozzies "Le Suit".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, shows over. It was a good final season. I think the only major problem I had with the finale was the scene partway through of Neal shooting the gun in the container. It tipped their hand way too much that he was planning something and as such I had no real reaction to his "death" scene. I was just waiting for the reveal.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I enjoyed the show for what it was. RIP White Collar, you were mindless entertainment that I thoroughly enjoyed.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

So, did Mozzie know?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Whelp, shows over. It was a good final season. I think the only major problem I had with the finale was the scene partway through of Neal shooting the gun in the container. It tipped their hand way too much that he was planning something and as such I had no real reaction to his "death" scene. I was just waiting for the reveal.

Even without that scene, the promo that the network was running in advance of the final episode practically gave away the ending. So it became less about 'how will it end' and more about 'who will be in on it'. I will admit, that I didn't catch the identity of the medic on the right until they spelled it out. So that was kind of cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KilGrey posted:

So, did Mozzie know?

I would say yes, it was a little too complicated and requires too many moving parts that Neal couldn't keep going while he was "dead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Card that Neal Gave Mozzie is the card that Peter found in the crate.

Mozzie knew/figured it out.

• Locked thread