Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, on top of the crags

With a blinding flash, Grimply's lasbolt rips through the smoke cloud and strikes a humie that's also on fire. His leg gets blown off clean, and he tumbles to the ground, still burning. "Fackin beautiful. 'e's ripe for dinna", Grimply thinks to himself. The smoke still makes it hard to see what's actually going on, but it seems like the other scrunts are charging into the fray so Grimply lowers his scope and takes a look around. Below him, he sees the fuel truck crashing through the trees back onto the street, and then the scruntmera slams into its side with a mighty engine roar.

"Thas tha way Groin!" Grimply shouts excitedly. "Slam tha 'umies!"

He raises his scope again, and centers it on the truck because he wants to see all the slamming that's going on. The humie driver is right in his view, and Grimply watches how he grips the steering wheel with an expression of fear. Grimply is so excited about the scared humie and the slamming, that his finger slips and he accidentally shoots at the truck driver!

----------------------------------------------
I again order Flet to half turn aim, giving me a +10 to my shot

Then I half turn aim, set my rifle to overload mode and shoot the truck driver

95 vs 85 (45 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 -20)

oh my god who knew that I could actually miss shots

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40(28 currently) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

GM reminder that I'm very small and have a camo cloak

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on top of the crags

From his lofty position, Grimply takes a look at the current state of the scrunt ambush. It's a beautiful picture of chaos, mayhem and carnage alright. But it's also at a critical point where the advantage of surprise seems to have been lost. No matter though, this should surely make the father smile upon his scruntlings! And by extension, also on Grimply. Recently, his faith has led him down a rocky path, and he fears that the father may be angry with him. Should he have preached more about the Slam Sector? Or should he have set up a scrunday school to teach the new scruntlings? Maybe he failed to lead the other scrunts on the right path to the Slam? Many things fill Grimply with doubt and worry, and his maltreated mind spontaniously suffers a minor breakdown! He drops his rifle and falls on his knees, hands on his head and mutters incoherently. Several different aspects of his schizophrenic mind fight each other for dominance, and tell him cruel things. That the father has forsaken him, and that the other scrunts only wait to kill him! Especially Grumb who currently seems to be yelling things from the other side of the crags. Mean and hurtful things as the voices assure Grimply. But through the storm of hissing inside his head, Grimply can still hear one familiar voice. Faint at first, but then ever louder as it drowns out the other voices and fills his mind. It's a voice that he hasn't heard that loud and clear recently. It's.....

"Grimply"

"Yee..es..yes, me father..."

"Grimply. I can see that yer suffer. That yer fear that I have forsaken yer. That yer nay can stand tha test I put on yer."

"..Nay..I..me father I..."

"Fear not, Grimply. Yer indeed being tested. And yer being tested tha harshest because tha prophet needs ta be tha most worthiest. Tha Slam and I demand it! But fear not, Grimply. Yer hast not failed me yet, but yer hast wavered. Yer on a difficult path, me son. But stray not, for it be tha path to tha Slam!"

"Father...I won't...I.."

"I know yer won't, Grimply. So fear not."

And with a sudden blink, Grimply raises his head and looks at his surroundings as if he sees them for the first time. His rifle on the ground. Flet who looks at him with an open mouth and obvious adoration. The ambush below. The scruntmera as it crashes into the fuel truck before it wedges it into the trees. Groin as he leaps out of the scruntmera and races towards the humie buggies. The bellowing roar of Grumb's autocannon and the reving scream of Gumbo's chainsword....

He slowly gets back on his feet, and turns towards Flet with a grim look of conviction. The little scrunt cowers.

"Ma...Mastah?"

"Lad..... Git me tha big one."

"Yee"

Flet hastily scampers over the rocks, and tries to lift the big bag he had to pull up here. He's not very strong, so he eventually just settles on dragging it over to Grimply.

"'ere...'ere mastah."

Grimply gently removes the sack around his brand new Longshot rifle, and groans quietly as he moves it into place.

"Lad?"

"Yee..uh...yes mastah?"

"Put yer shiny glass on tha 'umie buggies and tell me what yer see."

"Yes mastah!"
I order Flet to full turn aim at the Taurus that's the farthest away from me. Nr 3 I think?

Then I pull out the Longshot with a half action, and fire my penetrator with the other!

43 vs 95 (45 +20 +10 +10 +10)

20 +3 Impact damage

Btw, I think I also should get an insanity point for this post. I kind of wanna go mental at some point, but I don't know if the rules for that are fun. So holla at me GM

------------------------

"Tha big one" Longshot Sniper Rifle (350m / s/-/- / [damage by ammo type] / [pen by ammo type] / clip 1 / rld full / Accurate)

Penetrator rounds:
1d10+3 I damage / pen 4 / Proven (4), Razor Sharp (double Pen on 3DoS or more attack)

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40(JAMMED) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 30, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, still craggin

Grimply stumbles back to his feet, after the recoil of tha big one kicked him back. Ay, surely this is a tool worthy of spreading the father's wrath! His shoulder might be sprained too, but that is a small price to pay for such power. Though, next time he should probably hold the rifle with boths hands instead of scratching his crotch with one. But the sound of tortured metal and the following explosion tells Grimply that he got something done.

"Bloody roight! Thas what I call a gun!" he yells to the sky. "Lad! Git ova to tha sack an' git me anotha round!"

Flet hastily scampers over to the equipment sack, while Grimply clacks his heels and throws his head back to look at the sky. He is pretty happy with himself, and the words of the father filled him with new vigor. So he takes the time to recite a quick ave scruntia, while Flet digs through the sack. The big bullets are in the black metal box, right? And they had little markings next to them to show what they are, right? Yes, that's how he remembers it! What is this old boot doing in here? Oh right, he wanted to save it and look for another one to make a good dinner! But the big bullets, right? Where are the big bullets? Not in this dead rat, that's for sure. Oh right! The black metal box! Flet places the plain metal box on a small rock, and beginns to finger around on the fastener. He's pretty clumsy though, and also quite stupid. And the combination of these traits prevents him from understanding that the box would open if he turned the right side up.

Grimply on the other hand, just finished his prayer and now walks towards his waiting rifle. At least he tries to, because he can't even get his first foot off the ground and awkwardly flails around to not fall over. "Wat tha shite?! Wha happen to me feet?" He looks at his boots and sees the red glowy light on both of them. Right, his magic boots can walk on metal. But this is just a mountain and there's nothing here besides rocks, right? So why is he stuck? Do his magic boots now also stick to rocks? He bends down to flick the little switches on his boots, and scampers up a smaller boulder. He flicks his magic boots back on, but falls down when he leans over the edge of the boulder. "Shite!" So his magic boots don't stick to rocks, but why did they stick to the ground here? Is there something in the ground here? Some scrap or maybe space treasure? And why is that boy taking so long to fetch a bullet? I swear, sometimes I could...oh right, the weird ground. Grimply bends down and digs up some of the ground around him with his knife. Licking it, which is the usual scrunt investigation method, reveals nothing so Grimply falls back on the only other method he knows. Staring intently at your problem.

Back over by the sack, Flet still hasn't opened the box and is now convinced that it is locked. But he has to bring a big bullet to the master! Quick or the master will be angry! Flet has to make a snap decision, and as scrunts are wont to do, grabs a stone and smashes what is troubling him. The box pops open, and the bullets inside spill out and scatter over the ground. Oh no! The big bullets! They're all on the ground! They're getting dirty and they all look alike! Wasn't there supposed to be markings? Yes, he has to get a red one! But there is no red here only a bit of brown but that must be from the ground...Oh no! Flet is in a state of panic. He must serve his master, but everything is wrong and complicated. In another snap decision, he blindly grabs one of the bullets, and runs over to reload the rifle. Upon closer inspection, he sees that the bullet is very dirty and not shiny like it's supposed to be. He can't load the new rifle with a dirty bullet! But he also can't rub it clean with his clothes because they're dirty too and now it looks even worse than before! Flet would need some water or any other liquid but he drank all the water on the climb up here so where could he get....with a crafty look on his face, Flet unzips his pants and hopes that he can load the rifle before his master turns around.

I order Flet to reload my rilfe with a tox round which takes his whole turn.

Then I roll a perception check to see if I can find any hints as to why the crags are weird, or maybe a trace of space treasure. Whatever works, GM :v:

22 vs 53 PER

Also since Grimply has never been kissed he forgets that his other rifle is jammed and needs to clear the jam at the start of the next combat encounter, or when he wants to use it again during this encounter
------------------------

"Tha big one" Longshot Sniper Rifle (350m / s/-/- / [damage by ammo type] / [pen by ammo type] / clip 1 / rld full / Accurate)

Toxic round(also covered in scrunt piss):
1d10+1 E damage / pen 2 / Blast (1), Corrosive, Toxic (2), Half range, no Accurate

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40(JAMMED) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 6, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, cragalicious

Grimply ponders the rocky taste in his mouth, but can't figure out why it's weird to him. He tasted rocks before, but this one is definitely weird! He decides to pocket a bit of the weird rock to show it to one of the smart brain scrunts later. For now, there are more pressing matters. The fight below him still rages on in full force, and some of the other scrunts seem to have even been blessed by the father! The spirit of the father must have flown through him into the other scrunts, what a glorious day!

He waddles over to his rifle, where Flet is standing with a sheepish look.

"Is tha rifle ready again, lad?"

"Yee-es mastah! Yes! I did it! Very good! Nothing 'appened at all!"

Grimply gives Flet a suspicious look, but then thinks nothing of it because it's Flet after all. There is also a weird smell in the air, but Grimply just makes a mental note of it because it's probably from the weird rocks around here. He peers through his scope, and is instinctively drawn to the fiery chaos around the humie walkers. He can see Murdelia, who is currently on holy fire, struggling to get up from the ground while one of the humie walkers tries to stomp her. This can't stand! No blessed child of the father will be harmed under Grimply's eyes!

As he tightens his grip around the trigger, he recites a short prayer to the father

"O me fatha, relying on Thy almighty powa and infinite mercy and promises, I 'ope ta obtain pardon of me sins, tha 'elp of Thy grace, and Slam Everlasting!"

I order Flet to full turn aim at the sentinel that Murdelia is next to

Then I do a called shot on the pilot(or his face, whatever works) with my tox round. I also will take the 6 insanity to make my scrunt piss drenched tox round be better :v:

49 vs 85 (45 +20(aim) +10(single) +10(short))

7+1 E damage and whatever the GM wants to grant me for my insanity points
------------------------

Toxic round(also covered in scrunt piss):
1d10+1 E damage / pen 2 / Blast (1), Corrosive, Toxic (2), Half range, no Accurate

Reminder for me that Grimply forgot about his jammed rifle

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 13, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, all cragged out

Grimply's ears perk up, as he notices some hollow and far off sounding booms. At first he thinks it must be the scruntfather clapping in the Slam above, but then he disregards that thought. The scruntfather claps way louder than that! But it's still suspicous and didn't he see some big humie tanks before the ambush started? If they did the booms then it's probably cannon fire and he doesn't feel good about that sort of stuff with his zero cover up on these crags.

"Lad! Yer gonna git tha rifle an follow me on da dangly 'ook. We needs ta git down to tha ground an git some shelta. Tha 'umies could be firin them big guns at us!"

"But mastah won't tha father protect us?" Flet asks with hopeful eyes.

"Lad, when yer git as old as me, yer gonna learn that tha father can't protect yer from everything!"

Flet looks shocked at this revelation. His scratchy lips tremble, and his eyes start to turn watery. It pretty much looks like he's about to cry. Surprisingly enough, this envokes a little pity in Grimply's twisted heart.

"Don't yer worry, lad! Tha father will protect us when wes are climbing on tha dangly 'ook. But now yer will git a move on or do yer want ta catch 'umie cannon shots with yer face?!"

"Yee?"

"Nay! Yer really don't! NOW GIT MOVIN!"

I use my grappling hook to climb down from this totally not well protected spot while Flet follows

10 vs 47+30(hook)

lol I climb the gently caress out of this cliff
------------------------

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, boots on the ground

With an unusual grace for a scrunt, Grimply climbs the last few feet of the cliff and safely gets back to the ground. Flet isn't as graceful though, and his method of jumping away from the wall to slide down larger parts of the rope at once, is met with a quiet "Fack" everytime when his face bangs against the cliff after each landing. But that does neither concern him or Grimply, because Flet's face has taken worse. On the ground, Grimply takes a look at the battlefield, and it's pretty clear that it's time to leave. The humies have been beaten, the truck seems secured, and the tanks are still coming so there really isn't much else to do. The other scrunts seem to have a handle on things, so Grimply is content with just getting to the scruntmera while they do the rest of the work. However, after making sure that Flet collected the dangly 'ook again, he notices that the limo scrunt squad seems to be in disarray, and decides to investigate.

"Oi lads! Whas with all dis 'ootin an runnig about? We needs ta git movin before tha 'umie tanks come!"

"It won't work!" "It's not drivin!" "I'm pushin tha pedal but it ain't going!" "We be facked!" "Scruuuunt!!"

"Fack! Stop yer blabbering! I can't understand all of yer at once. Yer there! Tha scrunt with tha wrench. Tell me whas going on!"

"Well..uhm...yer see..sir....one moment we's all riding tha scrunt limo and 'aving fun, and then suddenly it stops going and we had no more fun. That's all, really."

"Huh. So aren't yer tha techno scrunts? Jus fix tha drat thing an git going! I dunno about wheelyboxes, but did you...erm...like...check tha tank?"

"Yee we did, sir. Tha tank is still 'alf full an Jorby 'ere climbed in tha front to lick and check tha engine. Tasted fine to 'im. Tha weird thing is tha battery seems ta be out. But it was fine a minute or so ago. Come ta think of it, it stopped workin right after tha scrunt with tha 'at did 'is fancy flashin trick."

"Well this be weird allright, but don't yer 'ave some backup battery thingies? Yer lot always carries some gadgets and bits on yer so just use them!"

"Ah I see yer know about us techno scrunts, sir! But sadly, it get's even more weird right 'ere!"

"More weird than weird?...That's...weirderer?"

"Aye yer got a keen mind, sir! I could tell right away. See tha thing is oua backup batteries are dead too! It's like a very strange coincidence." Jorby backs up this story by nodding in the background before licking a battery, and then shrugging his shoulders.

"Fack! So what yer saying is thare be stuck 'ere?"

"Yessir, rightchuaresir!"

"This be bad! Very bad! Tha 'umie tanks are comin and we needs ta git out! They'll jus blast yer down if yer run. An tha scruntmera can't fit all of yer!"

"Well sir, I wasn't born a dumb scrunt like me motha always said, and there would be one thing we could do. It's a tough thing though. Dunno if we'r up to it."

"Out with it then! Or do yer want ta wait for tha 'umie tanks?!"

"Nay, sir, we don't want that!" Jorby supports again, by shaking his head violently. "Well, yer see, sir, tha limo 'as a charga in 'er battery. Highly complex stuff that is. But to a layscrunt like yer, no offense sir, it means tha battery can be charged if we's ta push tha limo for a while. It's a 'eavy limo though." Jorby's shoulders hang this time, and he has a defeated look on his face.

"Well, lads. This be an emergency me thinks! An emergency that calls for tha strength of all yer scrunts!"

"Yessir! But tha limo is really 'eavy. And we's kinda tired from 'aving fun earlier. I jus don't think we can do it." Jorby sits down, to again support the statement.

"Fack! Tha's be weak 'umie talk! Tha scrunt is strong! Tha scrunt will not dishonor tha father!!"

"Uhh, sir, what are yer doing? Please git away from me face..urglblrgl.."

Grimply jams his palm into the face of the head techno scrunt, while Jorby watches with wide open eyes.

"THA POWA OF THA FATHA COMPELS YER! LEAVE YER EARTHLY WORRIES AND FEEL THA POWA OF THA SLAM! BE LIFTED TO 'IS SIDE AN RECEIVE 'IS STRENGTH TA PUSH THA CAR!!!!"

Climbing roll for the rest of my climb

23 vs 47+30(hook)

And now I make a deceive roll to have the limo scrunts think the father gives them enough power to push the car until the battery comes back. It's deceive because the father scoffs at their weakness, but hey, mind tricks may help them

91 vs 42 +10(Peer) lol nope let's Fate point that!

43 vs 42 +10(Peer) slightly better
------------------------

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 26, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, surfin the scruntmera

Grimply lowers his scruntnocular, and spits a sticky loogie at a surprised bird while the scruntmera barrels past the tree it was nesting in. He already had the feeling that the scrunt ambush took too long, and now he knows it. The humie tanks are following them! If they don't do something about this, they'll find their scrunt farm and probably kill every scrunt that's there! Having some scrunts be lifted up to the father's side is perfectly okay with Grimply, but if all of them die then there's no one left to find the Slam Sector. Though, on second thought, if all of them die then Grimply will be dead too and can finally take his place at the trash table of the father! He savours this thought for a moment, but then a faint voice in the back of his head tells him that it's not right. He has been given a task, and he can only earn his place in the after-slam by completing it. He briskly hands the scruntnocular back to Flet, and then bangs on the turret hatch until it pops open and a dopey eyed scrunt looks up at him.

"Whassat?"

"Lad, we's got a problem. Tha 'umie tanks are on oua trail an' wes needs ta do something about that. We can nay let 'em reach oua farm! Yer needs ta get on tha talky box and tell tha othas that we needs ta deal with this!"

"Uhh..roight then...but ermm.. like what are we's ta do about them?"

"For fack's sake, lad! We're gonna...uhh...well...I'm sure that....like...fack jus gimme a minute will ya?!"

"Roight!" replies the scrunt before closing the hatch again.

Grimply is a little confused, because he actually does not have a plan. He felt like he had one, but it's not there anymore. The tanks will follow them, and he does not see a way how to stop them. Unless...unless they stand and fight? He doesn't really know if they can win, but if they fight at least the tanks will not find the farm and then some scrunts will be left to find the slam on their own? But before Grimply can follow this thought further, a familiar smell hits his nose.

He turns around and sees Flet peering through the scruntnocular. The little scrunt is trembling with fear, and a small but steaming puddle of piss is forming around his feet.

"Fack! Flet whas tha matter with yer?!" Grimply bellows.

"Ta--ta--tanks...thare..thare be big tanks!"

"Yeah me knows! But thas no reason ta piss yerself! What would tha fatha say about that hmm?? If we's gonna git it today then my apprentice will not face tha fatha with pissed pants! Get them things off an throw them on tha 'ot part of tha wheelybox. Maybe they'll dry fast enough....Fack, sometimes I just nay know what to do with yer!"

With a guilty look, Flet complies and Grimply gets back to thinking. So, stand and die it probably is. It would mean that he fails his task, but maybe the father will forgive him because he saved the other scrunts at the farm? There really isn't much else to be done here. But while he follows this line of thought, he suddenly notices something.

The smoke! Yes! The tanks follow their smoke!

"Flet! Yer a genoius!" Grimply shouts excitedly

"Uhmm...I..I am?.."

"Yes yer are, me boy! Get off tha rest of yer clothes and throw em on thare too and then yer gonna piss like yer never pissed before!"

"Uhmm, mastah. Are yer sure about this?"

"YES I AM NOW DO IT!!!"

"YEE!!"

Grimply also takes off his ragged cloak and pants, throws them over the other exhaust pipe and gets to pissing. It's a majestic sight to see two naked scrunts pissing as hard as they can on top of a speeding chimera! Well, it's majestic if you're a real weirdo but with scrunt likers you can never know. But while pissing as best has he can, Grimply notices that the two of them don't hold enough piss to fully quell the smoke. The clothes start to dry again and they can't keep pissing forever, as nice as that thought may be.They'll need some help with this. Grimply stomps over to the turret hatch again, and bangs on it once more.

"Whassat?" the dopey eyed scrunt answers again. "Uuuhh...why tha fack are yer naked?"

"Listen yer dumb facker I needs some of yer lads up 'ere to take turns pissing on me clothes!"

"........roight....Uhm..if yer wants ta be freaky yer can wait until we're back at tha farm, yer know?"

Grimply stares at him, and then swiftly produces his scrunt knife from his magboots and shouts "I CAN BE ALL KINDS OF OTHA THINGS IF YER NAY DO WHAT I TELLS YER!!"

"Ye--Yee! Roight! Fack, no need ta be an rear end in a top hat about it!"

"Good lad! An' tell one of tha otha scrunts ta use tha talky box an tell tha limo scrunts ta do tha same as we's!"

"Fack, I knew yer religious types was weird but this sounds like a..."

"STOP FACKING AROUND AND JUS DO IT YOU BLOODY FACKIN SCRUNT!!"

rolling to piss for stealth

40 vs 47+20(camo cloak) though I'm not sure if I really should get the bonus from the cloak because I'm technically pissing on it. But hey, maybe the nano fibre is extra good at dampening the smoke??

------------------------

Reminder for me that Grimply forgot about his jammed rifle, and now has piss drenched clothes

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 10, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in his chappel

Disclaimer. Grimply's Chappel is actually just a corner of the big farmhouse where we fought the Yeestealer in. Flet pulled a few pieces of wood, metal scrap, and/or trash into the buidling and made rickety scrunt walls in one corner. He also painted a crude sign that reads SLAM, and made a scribbly crayon drawing of a scrunt with a large beard. Those adorn the entrance(read:hole) in the scrunt walls of the chappel. I deffo told him to do this but kept it secret. This is in no way an abuse of our narrative convenience powers to give me a setup. Nope, not at all.

Grimply has been in deep thought. When the scrunt convoy returned to the farm, they were greeted with a great spectacle of scrunts hollering "SLAM SECTOR" and "SCRUUUUNT!!!" as was to be expected. The other scrunts immediately got swarmed by the excited scrunt mob, and some even got carried around on the shoulders of the other scrunts. Booze mugs where handed around, and big dank smoke sticks where lighted and shared. Grimply didn't receive such affections though. Whenever an excited scrunt ran up to him, they stopped a few feet short from him and turned away with an odd look on their face. Mysterious, for sure. But Grimply doesn't really care, as the way of the Father is its own reward. And he also has other things on his mind. So he leaves the other scrunts to do whatever they are up to, and heads for his chappel. Curiously, the crowd of scrunts evades him on his way, as if he had a magic bubble around him. But again, Grimply has other things on his mind.

In his chappel, he sits down in front of the crude altar(read: a wodden box with some candles and extra pretty trash pieces on it), and starts to contemplate the events of the ambush. He clearly saw the power of the Father! It was his might that gave Murdelia the control over fire, and Gumbo the power of metal. It has to be his work! What else could it have been? Well, to be fair, the scrunts used these weird needle thingies the humies gave them back before they landed on the planet. Grimply pulls one of his needles out of his belt sack, and inspects it. It reads "EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG", which doesn't make much sense to him. Why would you take drugs in a fight? Fighting is fun enough as it is. But the shimmering fluid in the injector is still very curious. He feels that he needs to investigate this somehow, as the old writings in his holy book tell of something similar. It is said, that the realm of the Scrunt Father, the Holy Slam Sector, has shimmering rivers with the liquid might of the Father. And that every scrunt that gets to drink from it, is blessed with the might of the Slam. So could this be liquid....Slam? Maybe. But he needs another skilled mind to figure this out. Probably Murdelia, she seemed to know about funky medical stuff, and also used the needle thingy herself. Yes, that's a good idea!

But before Grimply can follow this thought further, he has to rip a huge fart and while wiggling around, a rock falls out of his pocket and lands on the ground with a weird sound. Oh, right! The magic rock Grimply took from the ambush site. Another mystery that he wanted to explore. He stares inently at the rock before him, but learns nothing from it that he didn't learn before. It's a rock, and it's weird. Seems like he also needs another scrunt mind for this. Someone who knows about stuff that's weird. Well, Yurik seemed to know a lot about weird things so he could be of some help. And despite him sticking up for that blasted humie, Yurik isn't out to kill Grimply so that's a plus for him. Come to think of it, where is that facked humie anyway? Grimply hasn't seen him since they came back to the farm. Well, it's probably for the better.

Grimply gets up, and turns to Flet who has been sitting in a corner of the chappel while cleaning(read: fingering around on stuff, pushing buttons, wiping things on his coat) their guns.

"Lad, yer gonna sit 'ere and finish yer chores, right? I'll need ta see tha weird scrunt with tha 'at and show 'im this weird rock."

"Uhh...Yes mastah..Yes thas right....uhh..but..."

"What is it now, lad?"

"Well....yer know...I don't...I don't wanna be rude or nuthin...but..."

"Say it already! Fack!"

"Uhhh...yer stink, mastah...sorry but it's true..Yer...uhh...yer might wanna do something about that before yer meet tha weird scrunt...It's like...tha otha scrunts are already making jokes and things...."

Flet looks down at his feet. It's apparent that this conversation is uncomfortable for him. Grimply's eyes narrow when he looks at his student, and then he slowly replies "Roight.." before walking off without another word.

On his way through the scrunt camp, Grimply still sees that the other scrunts evade him. Some even start to whisper behind his back. With Flet's words in mind, he now understands why.

"YER BLATSED FACKERS! I LIKE THA SEE 'OW YER SMELL WHEN YER SAVE YER SCRUNT BROTHAS WITH YER PISS!!" he shouts to the general world around him. The other scrunts give him weird stares and leering looks, but nobody speaks up as most of them know about Grimply's temper. With a satisfied look on his face, he replies "ROIGHT!" and stomps over to a scrunt who has been filling something into a bucket. Before the scrunt can escape Grimply's smell bubble, he grabs his arm and asks "Oi lad! What yer got there hmm??"

"Uhh fack...whassat smell...uhh...I got nothin 'ere! Jus some old wata an oil from tha garage..."

"Good enough for me!" Grimply replies before grabing the bucket and dumping the questionable content over his head. "There! Yer 'appy now?!"

And indeed, the scrunts seem to be more okay with Grimply's new smell. Oil is familiar and good, so most of them go back to whatever they were doing before. A couple scrunts still give him weird looks, but the situation is overall improved so whatever. With that handled, Grimply questions the scrunts around him where he can find that weird scrunt with the hat. Most don't know who he's talking about, but a scrunt that comes from the big farmhouse has the answer.

"Well, 'e's on tha second floor of tha big 'ouse yer see. Made that into 'is 'ome where 'e can do weird stuff I think." Grimply thanks the scrunt with a quick blessing, and heads back into the farm house. On his way he kinda misses his old smell, because he now has to push his way through the scrunt crowds instead of them making way for him. Maybe he needs to teach them a bit more respect for the Father, but not right now. On the second floor of the farmhouse, he enters a big room and finds Yurik digging through a stash of papers.

"Oi lad!" Grimply shouts which makes Yurik jump up and grab as many papers as he can hold. "Git away from me papers yer facker! They be my papers!"

Grimply stands still and slowly replies "Tha's okay with me cause I don't care about yer papers, lad."

"Yeah! And you're not getting them anyway!"

"Right....so 'ere's tha thing. I found this weird rock during tha ambush. And tha whole mountain I was standing on was made of this weird rock. It's really weird, and I thought yer be a good lad to ask about weird things?"

Yurik gives Grimply a stern look. He's not sure if Grimply just insulted him somehow, but his curiousity is also piqued by the prospect of investigating a weird mystery. He drops his papers for now, and replies "Allright, I'll take a look at yer weird rock.....But stay away from tha papers!"

I'll add a perception test for this mystery,

50 vs 53

which turns out to be crap. Oh well! Either Kai Tave can get in on this with a post, or the GM does rolls for him/us. Whatever happens first I guess.

Also the part about Flet "cleaning" our gear wasn't just for fluff. He'll remove the jam from my laser rifle that Grimply forgot in the last fight.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 5, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, witnessing the power of science

Grimply isn't the type of scrunt that would openly admit this, but he's kinda impressed by Yurik's science skills. The way how he hit the rock with a hammer at just the right place, or immediately knew the right cracks to lick was astonishing. You can't learn things like that, you just got to know them. Grimply gets the feeling that Yurik may have been blessed by the father, and can forgive him the error of his humie loving ways from before. While he didn't understand every single word that Yurik told him about the weird rock, slamite sounds really good to him and the prospect of having magic rocks that can make things louder is right up his alley.

"Yer a keen lad, Yurik, nah doubt about that one...So this rock can makes things louder, roight? I may jus 'ave ta git myself another piece of it then. Tha otha fackin' scrunts neva really listan to me tales about tha father, but they 'ave to if tha rocks can make em really loud!"

Grimply breaks into a hearty laughter, and slaps Yurik on the shoulder. Yurik feels a little awkward to be so close to Grimply because he still smells kinda funny, but the scientific prospects of his new discovery fill his mind and so he just replies with a half hearted "Yee.."

With the mystery of the weird rock solved, Grimply takes his leave and waddles back out into the scrunt camp. He sees a lot of commotion around the tanker they stole, but doesn't really care about it. The other scrunts seem to be in the process of looting and fighting, so there is no need for him there right now because that's normal scrunt behaviour. However, there was one other thing Grimply wanted to do. The mystery of the slam needles that filled the other scrunts with holy powers! Right!

Murdelia is a scrunt that knows about medical things like weird fluids in needles and things, right? Right, she sure does!

A quick walk, and some prodding of other scrunts for directions to the scrunt "Who dun patch yer wounds yer facker", brings Grimply to Murdelia's chop shop organ harvester medical center.

Grimply pushes his way through the smelly tarps that cover the entrance and stumbles upon a particular scene. Another scruntess is in the process of prodding a tiny hosed up corpse that's placed on a small table, while Murdelia is prodding it from the other side and waves around a knife. Both stop and eye Grimply with suspicion.

"Ermm...this be tha medical 'ouse, roight? Seeing how yer doing..uhh..medical things an' all..."

"Yee" is all that Murdelia replies, while still staring and holding the knife at the ready.

"Well thas good! Thas real good...Uhm...see, I got this 'ere needle thingy tha 'umies gave all of us befoa we gots ta 'ere, roight? And...and yer used one of them in tha fight..and..well...it made yer burn but not in a bad way, roight?"

Murdelia still stares but lowers the knife ever so slightly.

"Uhm..well...I was wondering if yer could take a look at tha needle thingy? I 'ave tha feeling that it's a way to let tha scruntfather's might fill yer..Seeing how yer burned all tha 'umies without gettin burned yerself, roight? And yer tha medic scrunt so I guess yer know about things in needles?"

Murdelia's stare intensifies.

"Roight....so if we could get more of this 'ere needle thingy, that be great wouldn't it?....Uhm...I'll just leave it 'ere and yer figure it out when yer can...roight?..Uhmm...bye"

Grimply leaves one of his combat drug injectors, and quickly scampers out of the medical center again. He was never good at talking to scruntesses in the first place, but Murdelia's intense stare also made him extra uncomfortable. On his way back through the camp, he notices that the commotion around the tanker seems to have gotten much more rowdy than before. Fearing that those facking scrunts may destroy their new prize, he decides to get over there and see what's going on.

So fyi, since I couldn't really get in on the previous events, my posts are out of continuity. My actions took place before all the fighting, the looting of the tanker and finding the nuke. Other people included me in their posts about that stuff, so now I don't have to pick up on it and can just say that I was actually there and pick up at the right spot of the timeline again. Narrative powers!!

Also, Yurik is now officially my friend and replaces Scurr

Okay, rolls

I'll add another perception test to the drug mystery because that's really all I can do. I mean I saw the effects, and also peered at the injector really hard

80 vs 53 GOOD OL poo poo EYES YUP

On topic of the mystery box, I'll go for an agillity check to finger around on the box and find any hidden switches/latches or the actual lock that is maybe in plain sight

36 vs 47 is at least something

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 14, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Yo, I don't have to work tomorrow so I've been having drinks and will get even drunker with other folks so here is a quick an dirty scruntto at least do something

Grimply, Stalking

So after leaving Murdelia, Grimply saw some of the milita scruns getting ready for a patrol. But they did it wrong because they all wear rags with bright colors and poke around in the barrels of their guns or look into them with curiousity. Grimply can't have that and first up tells them to change into less bright rags, stop doing stupid stuf with their guns, and then leads them on a patrol to show them how to be stealthy. Which means to not randomly shoot into the air, scamper all over the place, shout at each other, or sing bawdy songs agbout the Slam. Songs about the Slam are good and proper, but not on the job.

Also, I wanna point out that Grimply doesn't fully know about Grumbs antics, because it happened while he left and he just thought the noise is usual scrunt stuff. But after patroling for a bit, he notices stuff going on at the farm, whips out the scruntnoculars and goes "Tha fack is tha blasted Grumb doin on tha roof?!?" before deciding to lead the patrol back asap

So I add a stealth roll to teach the milita scrunts

34 vs 47 Agil

And while I'm out I may as well get a short scout of the immedate area with Navigate Surface probably?

84 vs 34 Int I probably forget where I'm even at lol

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 21, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, inside the farm, on high alert

When he returns to the Farm, Grimply leaves the militia scrunts to their own devices. But he gives them a few encouraging words because they did okay on their first patrol, and also tells them to keep their guns ready because he just maybe will have a surprise night training operation planned. The scrunts look uncertain and vaguely nod before dispersing, but Grimply sets out with a stern look on his face. That's because he noticed something while he was outside the farm. Humies are watching them! Most likely getting ready for an ambush. Even more likely under the cover of night. Because that's what he would do. But when you're a hunter, you also have to think like the hunted at times. And a hunted that knows that he his hunted, becomes most dangerous when he doesn't betray the fact that he knows that he's the hunted. Wait...does that make sense? Yeah, it should. At least the faint voice inside his head is saying so. But it basically boils down to setting a trap for the ones that want to trap you, and that's something Grimply can get behind.

But this needs to be handled with care. Scrunts like Flet can't be trusted with this knowledge, because they'll probably fack it all up. And if he's honest, most of the general scrunt population shouldn't know about it. Just too many fackers that could ruin everything. With this in mind, Grimply sets out to find Gumbo. He's a military scrunt and should know how things like these go down.

Gumbo is found in the sheds, where he yells a few scrunts into shape and orders them to make push-ups while smoking one of his trademark cigars.

"OI, lad! I needs ta talk with yer. It's some private business so yer gotta send tha otha lads on a run or somethin."

Grimply gets a suspicious look from Gumbo, who still remembers the scrunt priest's weird antics from when they fled the ambush site.

"Oh fer facks sake, it's nuthin weird! It's important so jus send yer lads away. Fack!"

Gumbo complies, as he sees the stern look in Grimply's eyes. After a quick chat, he's brought up to speed and also agrees that most of the scrunts should be kept in the dark. He'll say the word to a few scrunts that he trusts, and will take care of a few preperations that don't arouse too much suspicion from the humies.

On his way back to his chappel, Grimply's thoughts still race. He sees a few scrunts moving metal scrap and and other trash pieces around, and that gives him an idea.

"Yer lads over thare! Oi! Yee, you! I dunno want this stuff around 'ere, right? Is nice enough already. Yer jus pile tha stuff on tha wall behind tha crops. They'll grow better this way, right?"

Without waiting for a response, Grimply turns his attention to the gate next to the Farmhouse, and cobbles a frag grenade with some scraps from his ragged clothes to it. Satisfied with his crude "boom thing on a string" trap, he shouts to the milita scrunt on the tower to keep this gate closed for today. When asked why, he replies with the most sensible answer. "Because I said so, yer facker!"

Then he sets off to collect Flet, and makes his way to the roof of the farmhouse to await the events of the coming night.
ROOOLLLLSSS!!

Not sure if I have to roll for my milita scrunts being slightly at the ready, but if so, pls make it for me GM

If Gumbo wants to contribute any tactics rolls in his post it would be cool, otherwise the GM could maybe do it? Like, some prep things could probably only be done by Gumbo

Deceive roll to have the scrunts pile pointy metal trash at the wall behind the crops

7 vs 42 ,the pointiest trash is piled

Roll for my grenade trap

45 , not sure against what I have to roll here, but the -20 probably applies and I may have wounded myself badly. If so, pls use my 1 remaining fate point

Roll to be sneaky while getting on the roof of the farmhouse and looking for a good spot to camp in that also gives me a good enough view

40 vs 47

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 6, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, roofin

Grimply sat on the roof, waiting, and subconsciously fingering around on his holy book. He hoped that the Father would watch over his scrunts tonight, because humies can be crafty and do weird things that you don't expect. It's just in their treacherous nature. The tension gets broken when he notices Groin fackin around in his guard tower. Something must be happening to wake him from his scruntnap, so it's probably the darned humies. Grimply immediately flails and hisses to alert the other scrunts, but the darkness makes it hard to tell if that has any effect. He also can't think about it much longer, because some other things also happen. First, a huge and beautiful explosion goes off near the crops, and Grimply is pretty sure that he can hear cries of pain under the booming sound. "Nicely done, lads." he mutters to himself

But the other thing isn't so nice. A huge humie flyer box roars over the farm, and drops humies right in there middle! He knew that the fackers would use dirty tricks! And these humies look a lot more serious than the other humies he's seen so far. That Barry fella was a weak and pitiful creature, but these ones are bulky with armor and big guns. Grimply spits in defiance as he centers his rifle on the fancy humie team in front of the farm house, while Flet peers through his scruntnocular and yees in fear.

I order Flet to full turn aim on the member of team 2 that's like in the middle of them

Half action to shoot a Flash round at that member of team 2

46 vs 85 (45 +20(aim) +10(single) +10(short))

My other half action to switch to my Longlas after the shot

If team 2 gets wiped before my turn, then I'm kinda in the air and want to do some kind of test to get sight on another target if that's possible. If so, then I probably shoot the flash at that and don't switch guns because tests like that are also a half action iirc. If I can see something without testing for it, then I'll shoot it with the -20 iirc and still switch guns

Flash rounds:
No damage / Blast (5) / Acts as photon flash grenade, no Accurate

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 14, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on a cool tin roof

Explosions and screams are music to Grimply's gnarly ears, and he's pretty sure the Scruntfather also smiles upon them since they're killing more stinking humies. So win-win for everyone. Except for the humies, but fack them anyway.

Grimply was a little surprised when his last shot didn't result in an exploding humie, but in a bright flash of light and some confused humies. He told Flet loud and clear to load "tha big one's" into the big rifle. Of course he meant the big slugs with the pointy and sharp tip that almost destroyed a humie jeep during the ambush. But apparently Flet didn't see it like that and must have grabbed the wrong bullet! Grimply's a little too busy to yell at Flet proper, so he has to be content with a fuming look, and another loud and clear order to "Load tha fackin' big an' pointy bullets yer idjit!!"

While Flet apologizes and gets to his task, Grimply peeks over the edge of the roof. He sees a dead humie, which is good, but no trace of the other two, which is bad. But the commotion downstairs gives him the suspicion that they may have ran inside. Didn't Grumb set up down there? Yeah, that dumb facker should be able to handle it. And if not...win-win for everyone. Except for Grumb, but fack him anyway.

A loud bang from the other end of the farm catches Grimply's attention. It sounds mechanical and pretty mean. He centers his scope towards the far gate, but the darkness makes it almost impossible to gather what's making those noises. Well, there are still plenty of humies around, and their gross necks betray their shapes in the darkness. So for the time being, Grimply just shoots at one of them!

---------------------------------------------

I order Flet to load the big rifle with a Penetrator round, which takes his whole turn.

And since I'm so low in the order, my shot is kinda tricky. I'll either shoot at a random member of Drop Team One if I still have a line on them, and if not I'll go for a shot on the rest of Squad One.

Half action to aim, half action to shoot with overload

20 vs 75 (45 + 10(aim) +10(single) +10(short range) +10 (red dot) +10(accurate) -20(darkness))

16+5 E damage

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 36 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 21, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on a suddenly very hot tin roof

- Now sending: The curious works of the Adeptus Mechanicus - Part XXVII - Purge the Heretic and be pure -

- Access files? -

- Please insert access code -

- Access granted to Inquisitori Majoris Alpha -

"Deep inside the great library of the Adeptus Mechanicus, past the walls of ancient tomes and data slates, lies a single dusty tome that was never touched again after it was placed there. The reason is simple, because nobody ever wanted to read it after it was written, safe for the Adept that was tasked to compile this report. The Liber Homo Sapiens Revoltus, is the only known imperial literature that describes the curious meta-human race known as Scrunts. It was written by Jeremiah Schlongicus, as his master thesis before graduating to Magus Biologis. His colleagues always laughed and belittled him for investigating a race that could hardly be called meta-human, when they were so close to general vermin. But all the good topics had already been taken, so Jeremiah set out to a known Scrunt colony and started his work. He returned to the Adeptus Mechanicus roughly a year later, and delivered his writings. His thesis was deemed adequate, despite it being increasingly more confusing towards the end. Some pages were even stained with unknown biological fluids and almost unreadable, but his superiors took pity on Jeremiah after they saw in what state he returned to them. However, Jeremiah couldn't enjoy his new position for very long, because he died from space AIDS and insanity shortly after graduating. If one were to read the Liber Homo Sapiens Revoltus, one could surely learn many interesting and disgusting facts about the Scrunts. One of the most interesting facts is that Scrunts actually share a lot of traits with rodent type creatures from all across the galaxy. Such traits as being small, loving trash of all kinds, hiding in dark holes, or farting while under stress for instance. But curiously enough, they also share the instict to try to burrow into the ground when faced with extreme danger. A not very successful evolutionary strategy, but it still remains for unknown reasons. One could surely find out much more about the relation between rodents and Scrunts, but nobody is strange or insane enough to voluntarily research or read about Scrunts. And so, this mystery will stay a mystery in the foreseeable future. A such th..."

- Connection violently terminated - Praise the Emperor -

Grimply throws himself on the ground when a shower of laser beams rakes over the roof, and desperately tries to dig himself a hole. He quickly realizes that his stubby hands will not achieve anything on a solid concrete roof, so he just stays down and tries to not panic even further as a stray beam burns through the tip of his cloak. Flet has curled up into a small ball, and is constantly farting between desperate Yees while rocking back and forth. The fusillade of shining light seems to go on for an eternity, but eventually it lets up, and trickles down to lone beams and stray shots. Both scrunts are in a state of high panic, but their instincts prevent them from getting up and running. Which turns out to actually be a good thing, in this specific situation. Grimply clutches his tattered book tightly, and tries to mutter a prayer to the Father. But in his state of panic, it turns into gibberish and Yees. Still, he seems to have reached the Father as a familar voice rings in his head....

"Grimply. Fear not."

It vanishes as quickly as it came, but Grimply actually collects himself and gets a grip on the situation. "Fackin' shite!", he yells to the world at large. He stays on the ground, but wiggles his way over to Flet, who is still farting and Yeeing, and tries to calm the little ball of Scrunt.

"It's allright, lad. Shhh. It's ALLRIGHT! We's still livin and tha Fatha is watching, right?"

Flet's peeks at Grimply from behind his hands, and replies with a careful "Yee?"

"That's me lad! That's me good lad..Now...ehr...yer jus stay 'ere, right? Git tha rifle loaded an rememer ta take tha big an sharp bullets this time, right?!"

Flet hesitates for a moment, but then nods as Grimply's confidence sparks over to him.

Grimply on the other hand, wiggles his way towards the edge of the roof to get a look at what's going on. The maelstrom of battle surrounds him, so it's hard to pick out any details in the darkness. However, just as he slightly raises his head and the Scruntnocular over the roof, a big crash happens on the other side of the farm, and a hulking metal beast stomps into view. Grimply's brain is again flooded with a rush of fear, but also the slight notion that this metal beast is somehow familar to him. He can't follow that thought though, as fear is the more pressing concern right now.

"I NEED THA BIG RIFLE I NEED IT NOW FACK!!!!!"

I again order Flet to load the big rifle with a Penetrator round, which takes his whole turn.

Then I use a half action to switch to the big rifle, while I use my other half action to quietly Yee in fear

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 36 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 29, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on the roof of fear

Gibbering and shaking aren't things that help a sniper do his job, but Grimply has little choice at the moment. Despite his love for the storm of battle, this particular storm is much too chaotic and complicated for his tiny scrunt brain. It's dark, there are lots of humies, scrunts are everywhere too, explosions, barrages of lasers and large caliber bullets, death and destruction on all sides. This is honestly a little too much for him, and his scrunt instincts still tell him to dig a nice hole and crawl into it. But in between the chaos in his head, there is still the familar voice of the Father, telling him to be strong and to protect his flock. Protect them from the hulking metal beast, to be specific. Grimply gathers all his courage, and tries to center his scope on the robot that currently spews bullets through the scrunt farm. But his shaking makes it next to impossible. He curses loudly, and then realizes that he needs some help.

"F-fack! Flet, me lad!...Yer...yer needs ta 'old tha rifle with me...I..I can nay do it alone!!"

Without waiting for further commands, Flet jumps into action. Which means that he literally jumps onto the barrel and clings to it like a tiny hosed up monkey. Grimply sighs and strains his arms as he turns the rifle on its side, to wedge Flet between the edge of the roof and the barrel. The little scrunt let's out a muffled yee, but actually makes for a very good emergency bipod. Then Grimply grabs the scruntnocular with one hand, gets his other hand on the trigger, and uses both scopes at once. Two eyes see more than one, after all.

As he struggles to center both scopes on the screaming metal monster, their eyes lock for a split second....Those eyes....

"THE LITTLE ONE!!!!!!"

Grimply yees and pulls the trigger....

I order Flet to aim at Robochest which takes his whole turn

Then I make a called shot at his dumb face

12 vs 95(45 + 20(aim) +10(single) +10(short range) +10(accurate))

drat, and here I was ready to blow all my fate points if needed

21+3 I damage

Penetrator rounds:
1d10+3 I damage / pen 4 / Proven (4), Razor Sharp (double Pen on 3DoS or more attack)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 16, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Rooferrigno

Flet uses his turn to take aim at Hardchest while I load my second to last peen round. Will I finally get hurt in this campaign?!?!?

I actually wanted to write something cool with Hardchest but I currently have next to no time and it sucks

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Roofin Rumble

Grimply tumbles all over the place, yeeing and cursing, while the metal demon trashes into the farm house. He slams into the edge of the roof, and feels an unpleasant tug as Flet grabs on to his cloak in the chaos. The little scrunt yees frantically, while dangling over the roof only held by a part of Grimply's groady clothing. With all his will, Grimply pushes against what's left of the wall and tries to grab over to pull up Flet. It's either that or they both fall. His searching hand finds the stubby fingers of his companion, and he pulls while also hefting himself slightly over the wall to see what's happening below him.

"Faacck! Grab me 'and lad! Or we'll bothFAAAAACKKK"

The fact that the metal demon is right below Flet, claws snapping, body hulking, doesn't improve this situation

"I HAVE YOU NOW, LITTLE ONE!!!" screams the half mended metal face

Grimply recoils back in terror, and the sudden jab is enough to tear of the part of his cloak that Flet was holding on to. He falls from the roof into the darkness below, with a desperate yee. Grimply is lying on his back, like a particular nasty and smelly bug, and just snaps. Flet is gone!! There are humies everywhere!! Also a metal demon!! EVERYTHING IS FACK!!

He scampers back to his feet, and his eyes land on the big rifle that's still wedged against the corner of the roof. He will now go the great Slam, and take his place with the Father, that much is sure. But he can't expect the Father to be kind, because Grimply failed. He failed to find the Slam Sector, and he failed to protect his flock. Tears start flowing down his face, has he leaps towards the rifle. This one last thing needs to be done. He needs to not be a total failure when he meets the Father!

As he grabs the rifle, he uses all his remaining strength to angle it over the edge and at the screaming metal demon while his claws dig into the house again

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Flet is out of cohesion as of now, and I'm willing to spend a fate point to have him land not too rough.

Then I'll half action aim, and point blank fire at hardchest with the other half action

40 vs 85(45 + 10(aim) +10(single) +10(short range) +10(accurate))

13+3 I damage
+
1 I damage which counts as 4 since the ammo is proven(4)

Penetrator rounds:

Alternate action

If robochest gets destroyed before my turn, then I'll recover Flet, ditch the Longshot for now, pull out my Longlas and move/jump/tumble into the floor below me to act from there on my next turn.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 1, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, PTSD Parlor

There have been a lot of hosed up things in Grimply's life. And most of them have been pretty hosed up even by scrunt standards. Seeing your only friend fall to his death, while a hulking and screaming metal demon tries to rip you apart with his metal claws still ranks fairly high though! The fact that said demon just exploded makes the whole thing a bit better, but Grimply did certainly not have a good time so far. Now he lies on his back again, cloak and face all crispy and scorched, and for the first time in this battle he's able to take a breather. While he inhales, his mind roulette starts to spin the metaphorical ball. See, Grimply's psychosis is kinda like a complex slot machine where the quarters also influence what prizes you can get. His recent experiences are all connected through death and the fear of dying, so the combined pressure speaks to a certain aspect of his schizophrenia. It's a very old voice, that has slumbered for a while now. It was even there before the father first spoke to him. It was with him when he was still a young scrunt, all alone on a hellish and green planet, between the corpses and neatly stacked skulls of his scrunt tribe. And it's entirely focused on one thing: Kill before being killed.

Grimply blinks, stands up, and then pulls out his rugged scrunt knife. With the other hand he produces his grappling hook, and fires it at the trashed edge of the roof while he starts to run. A primal scream begins to form at the back of his throat.....

At an earlier point of time, Flet had the unfortunate experience of falling from a roof. Granted, the fall wasn't very high, but it was still an unpleasant thing especially with that metal monster below him. In the spirit of Flet's uncanny luck, he falls right into a soft heap of mostly plastic trash instead of a snapping metal claw. That certainly is a relief, but cosmic irony strikes as the explosion of the monster sweeps over Flet's trash pile. The plastic parts instantly melt and cover him in a patchwork shape that's pretty close to a ball. And when the aftershock hits, he tumbles behind the barricades with an astonished "Fack!"

I ditch my rifle and get my stabber, and then climb down the roof aiming to end up next to whatever poo poo will be going on around squad five

22 vs 77 (47 Agil+30 Hook)

Scrunt Melee Weapon (Mono-truncheon - Melee, 1d10 I + Strength Bonus, pen2)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 10, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Flashback Fever

If the split personalites that hide in Grimply's head would actually be sentient entities, the one currently in control would be angry about the lack of things to stab. Sure, there are scrunts around. And some scrunts are devious and want to harm Grimply like that facker Grumb. But he isn't here and deep down Grimply knows that it's wrong to just stab some random scrunts. At least most of the time. Thus, his warped mind decides to hiss violently and stab the air around him to get its point across. Which is to not gently caress with Grimply right now.

Flet is still caught in a coat of melted plastic, but he managed to figure out that he can use what little momentum his body can generate to slowly roll back towards the action. Very slowly and with setbacks when he bumps into a piece of debris on the ground.

I'll basically just hang tight and continue to be insane for a bit more because I can't really do much else

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, just scrunting

gently caress I forgot to leave time for a good scruuuunt and now I have to get some sleep

My top priority is to wrangle scrunts because we need to leave and get everyone on board with that. I can also imagine a few words about the holy slam above will comfort those scrunts who have seen scrunts they know get killed. Looting a little is also on my list. Mostly trying to dig up more ammo for the longshot, since I still don't know what gear would be good for me. Those goggles mentioned in the game chat thread maybe??

Xp will be spent and updated as soon as I get to it.

Sorry for neglecting my scrunt duties :(

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, herding scrunts

Perched on top of the ruined farmhouse, Grimply observes the huddling scrunt masses. They seem to be on board with his plan to leave for darker pastures, but on the other hand they don't seem to be totally convinced or happy as of now. A few of the srunt leaders probably need a stern talking to, so Grimply makes his way down to the action. On his way, he notices that some scrunts flash him shifty looks, and even make way when he passes by them. Is he smelly again? No, not more than usually. Did he do something wierd? Could be. To be honest, the last minutes of the fight are kind of a blurr to him. He remembers the screaming metal demon, and how he shot it in the face, and then the explosion throwing him back. After that...it's kinda blank until he was up on the roof and started to preach. Grimply isn't really worried by that though, because he sometimes has these little "moments" where he does things that he can't recall. It's usually when the father channels his power through him, so he probably did something awesome and all the other scrunts now respect him. Yeah, that sounds good!

When he reaches the door out of the farmhouse, his path gets interrupted by Flet who rolls into view with a jaunty Yeee on his crusty lips.

"Tha fack are yer doing, laddie?? This nay be tha time ta 'ave funny games!!"

"Sorry, mastah! I jus...I jus kinda got stuck in this stuff..."

"Oh by tha Fatha! I can nay leaver yer alone for a minute now can I?"

Grimply produces his scrunt knife and starts on getting Flet free from the plastic patches that cover him. The little scrunt struggles and twitches, but with enough cursing and perseverance, Grimply gets him free. It's at the cost of some hair and cloth scraps, but it could have been worse when you consider what ideas Grimply can come up with when he holds a knife.

"There ya go, lad. Now, yer listen good, roight?"

"Roight!"

"I needs ta talk to sum of tha scrunts cause we needs ta git out of 'ere, but yer also get a job."

"Roight!"

"Yer needs ta collect oua things from tha church, roight? And while yer at it, grab anything else that looks good an stuff it in yer sack. I'll git tha rifle when I'm done 'ere, and then we meets up at tha gate, roight?"

"Rrrroiiighht!!"

"Good lad!"

With glee on his face, Flet scampers off to do as he was told, while Grimply pushes through the scrunt crowd towards the bickering scrunt leaders. If tales of dank and damp caves, with slimey mushroom groves and fat rats can't sway them, then maybe a good old tale about the wrath of the father will.

Okay, I'll add a Deceive roll to our skill test because I will tell everyone important how great and scrunty these tunnels are. In fact, they are super drat scrunty and we all should love them. Tales about weird creatures are bogus and false! Who told you that, mate? They're just pulling your leg because it's not true at all!

46 vs 52 (42+10)

Barely a success

Also, Flet will loot me 2 missile launchers, 1 microbead, 1 photovisor

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, by the Scruntfire

I'll do a charm roll to get the rowdy scrunts away from the soon exploding things with tales of the Slam Sector and how the fire is a sign from the Father that we should leave this cursed place for darker pastures

Since I'm not trained that's at -20 I think, but since I'm also a scrunt that talks to scrunts that gets reduced by +10 by peer if I got this right

26 vs 32 (42-20+10)

Also Grimply grabs any unclaimed doses of combat drug because SLAM needs to be saved and will mag-boot on top of the scruntmera turret once we roll out

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 18, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, screlunking

Grimply is as close to happy as a scrunt like him can be. He's in a dark and somewhat damp cave, and that is enough to have his basic scrunt insticts tell him that he should feel at home. While he kinda does, his other and more hosed instincts tell him that he's in a dark tunnel with at least one rear end in a top hat that would like to kill him. Since he's the prophet of the Father and the Holy Slam, Grimply stayed at the tip of the group, but since he's also fairly insane at all times, he keeps looking over his shoulder every so often, to make sure that Grumb is not in knife range of his back. Quiet hisses are also thrown around whenever Grimply deems Grumb too close. He actually doesn't know if Grumb notices, but as they continue to stay apart, it seems to work out.

But despite the homey feel of this tunnel, Grimply also has seen enough poo poo on this planet to know that you never let your guard down. There may be things down here that are even more dangerous than Grumb! The hosed up wolf corpses a few steps ago certainly did not ease his tension. So he continues to tip-toe, his new cool googles in one hand, and his trusty scrunt pistol in the other. But the chatter on his micro bead slightly annoys him because it could betray his position in the darkness, so he stops for a moment and mutters through his clentched teeth.

"Lad, stop yer yapping an git me lad on tha talky thingy."

An unsure yee comes as the answer, and for a few seconds nothing is heard besides the faint static of the micro bead and the signature sounds of a dark tunnel. Then Flet speaks up.

"Yes, masta?"

"Lad, I 'erd tha otha scrunts are gettin rowdy up there?"

"Yes, masta. They wanna do stuff and fack around with otha stuff and stuff is also 'appening."

"Listen, lad. Yer me pupil, roight? Yer, wanna be a Prophet of the Fatha some day too, roight?"

"YES MASTA!"

"Oh shite, fer fack's sake be quiet! Roight....so then this is yer chance ta show what yer 'ave learned from me. Take me book from tha sack an tell tha scrunts about tha Slam an tha Fatha. Make them listen ta yer instead of doing what stuff they're doing, roight?"

"Uhh...roight, masta. I'll...I'll try..."

"Good lad. I'll get back to yer once we know what's down 'ere, roight? And tell that otha git ta not make such a fuss on tha talky thingy!"

With another yee, the faint static returns to Grimply's microbead. Satisfied with his take on the situation, he tip-toes onwards after making sure that Grumb is still where he's supposed to be. Far away from him.

Roll time

First I'll do a sneak and perception to see how good I am as a pointman that sees things before he is seen

1 vs 87 Agil (47+ 10 stealth training + 20 cloak + 10 Synskin) I am the Solid Scrunt

65 vs 63 Perc (53 + 10 Heightened Senses) But these new googles need cleaning imo

And then I'll do a charm roll through Flet to have him calm some rowdy scrunts a little. Like, I don't expect him to do much, but if he can keep a few of them entertained they may not gently caress everything up

2 vs 32 Fel (42 + 10 Peer -20 untrained) Never doubt the Father!

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles

Scrunt Pistol (Autopistol - Basic / 30m / S/–/6 / 1d10+2 I / pen 0 / clip 18 / Full reload)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 5, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Tunnilingus

I will move into the right tunnel roughly as far as the other scrunts have advanced into the middle. If I can spot anything, I'll use my microbead to whisper "Fack" to the group. They'll understand

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles

Scrunt Pistol (Autopistol - Basic / 30m / S/–/6 / 1d10+2 I / pen 0 / clip 18 / Full reload)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 17, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, The dog hole
When Grimply turns the corner and sees the creatures up ahead, they very certainly and without any doubt look demonic to him! He faintly remembers tales of the Anti Scrunt, the arch rival of the Scrunt Father who seeks to destroy anything that is scrunty and filthy with his wretched powers of cleaning and the dreadful soap bars that he bestows on his minions. The dogs appear brightly to Grimply, with glossy fur and shiny collars. In fact, they suddenly shine so bright that he has to avert his eyes for a moment to not be blinded by their cleanliness. These abominations cannot be allowed to live and use their horrible powers on him and his scrunt flock!

He completely disregards his stealthy approach, yells "Faaaackkkk" into his microbead while dashing forwards, and hurls the first grenade he can find towards the demons who turn their perfect puppy eyes towards him before they get engulfed in righteous flames

I'll use Quick Draw to switch my scrunt pistol for my last fire grenade, half action to move as close to the corner ahead of me as possible, and hurl that sucker with all my might into the middle of dog squad 2. Hopefully

41 vs 45 BS lol just barely enough but then the penalties will gently caress me anyway

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

straight BS roll. normal range for grenades is SB x 3 (i.e. 6m for you), the central dog is 16m away, so this throw is currently at Extreme range and -30.

lol @ ur noodly arms

Well then I probably should use a half action to get closer if I can. Is throwing the nade half or full action? My gut is telling me half but I'm the eternal rules baby. If I can't get closer then I'll still do the throw because yolo

Also I will never increase my strength cause that's for suckas without cool guns

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thanks, I do indeed have quick draw

Post edited and bad roll made

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Dogtown

Grimply is in a bit of a pickle. Not only did his rightous grenade completely fail, but he's also all on his own with demon dogs in front of him, and the drat rear end in a top hat Grumb behind him. This must have been his plan all along! Now the blasted facker can kill him and make it look like an accident! That's why he scared him away with his big gun, yes that's it!!!! Grimply has to think fast, since the dogs are already advancing and Grumb is aiming his big cannon at him too! Fueled by a sudden flash of adrenaline and panic, he drops his googles, and rumages around in his pockets for a weapon. What he produces is something different though....

"Tha fatha protects....."

---------------------------

Okay, for roleplaying purposes let's say that Grimply actually stopped using his googles when he got closer to the dogs. Otherwise my way of how Grimply sees them doesn't work as per the GM info in the recruitment thread.

Then I'll use my quickdraw to get my EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG out, and a half action to SLAM it. The other half action is used to draw my scrunt knife and pray to the rng

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles(not used right now)

Scrunt Melee Weapon (Mono-truncheon - Melee, 1d10 I + Strength Bonus, pen2)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Hisssssssssss

Wounds: 9
Fate: 2/2

When the needle pierces through his crusty cloak and flesh, Grimply feels the power of the father surging through his veins. His tiny and tortured body rumbles and shakes under the weight of the power bestowed on him, but he knows that he can control it. He must! For he is the Prophet of the scrixl gribbl kra'zrech hazkree grok!

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

So since I'm not so high in the turn order, I have to present two different lines of actions. If both dogs attack me, then I'll go for them and use one attack on each of them. If they for some reason decide to ignore me and go for the scrunts in the back, then I'll use my full movement to dash deeper into the cave in search for more doggies to shred. If there are actually no doggies ahead of me then I'll still do it and even sprint to get ahead further. I'm sure it's a very good idea!

87 vs 32

50 vs 32

Holy poo poo I'm super bad at rip and tear :(

Natural Weapon blades (1d10+SB R / tearing / mono / razor sharp)

grimply receives +2 Unnatural Strength and +2 Unnatural Agility, along with the talents Step Aside, Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee, Ambidextrous, and Assassin's Strike.

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles(not used right now)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Gm said I'm rolling against straight WS and I tend to believe his every word on scrunt game matters

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you don't have swift or lightning attack so it's WS -10 (two weapon) + 10 (standard attack) as a half action, so basically rolling against straight WS.

In my mind, mantis grimply just screams in horrid sounds and flails his knife hands all over the place. Which seems like proper scrunt mutant behavior

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 14, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Aight I'll keep that in mind for my next cavalcade of failure rolls

And btw, I don't need to see far when I can just scream and make things come to me. I'm bent on playing Grimply as different from before as I can during this encounter even if it gets me owned. You guys will come and save me, right?....Right?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Still Hissssss

Fate: 1/2

Currently there is very little going on in Grimply's head that can be described as "coherent thoughts". Normally it's not much better, but at least he usually has some form of reasoning behind his actions. At the moment though, it's just instincts. Mantis instincts. His warped scrunt mind is still somewhere in there, but it's far away and trapped behind a wall of hissing and screeching. Right now, the mantis wants to eat and the little creatures that toil around below it seem appropriately fleshy and succulent. It lashes at one of them with its blade arms, and rips out a decent piece of flesh that instantly gets moved to its hosed up feeding hole. A mantis has no real concept of taste, and just works on the basis of "flesh=good", so the mutated dog creatures are just as fine of a meal as anything else. But just as it's about to flail at the other creature, its senses flare up and tell it that the vibration of the tunnel isn't good. It has no idea what the vibrations could mean, but deep down it feels that they're dangerous. Its giant insect eyes quickly scan the area around it, and it notices other small and fleshy creatures behind it. They move around a lot and movement is always interesting, but they also make a bunch of noise and flashy lights that worry it. The mantis is unsure as to how it should proceed...

Kai Tave posted:

"This way, Grimply! Y'gotta move! Follow the soothin' sounds of my voice!"

"SKREEEEEEE??"

The mantis pounces.

Right so my first action is a basic attack with one blade. I'd like to hit the dog that isn't targeted by Yurik's psy skill.

27 vs 42 (32 +10)

Finally some ripping happens

And then I'll roll an untrained acrobatics check for the assassin strike to get out of the tunnel and back to the group, which I combo with my other half action for a move. I want to get as close to Yurik as I can manage

34 vs 27 (47 - 20)

Weeelp I'll fate that test

12 vs 27 (47 - 20)

Noice I'll see ya soon, friends :unsmigghh:

grimply receives +2 Unnatural Strength and +2 Unnatural Agility, along with the talents Step Aside, Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee, Ambidextrous, and Assassin's Strike.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 21, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Hissing like a hot kettle

The mantis is yet again in a state of confusion. Its instincts saved it from the rumbling that shot through the tunnel it occupied just a moment ago, but its surroundings are still full of flickering lights, movement, and loud noises. It stands in place for a moment, gently rocking back and forth on its legs, caught in what counts as "thought" for a mantis. The commotion up ahead interest it, because there is a big and meaty creature in the middle of it. But on the other hand there are also flames and loud noises, so it's unsure if it should approach. However, the lure of more succulent meat proves to be too tempting, and it carefuly inches closer to get a better view. And just as it passes the tunnel opening ahead of it, its 360° vision eyes catch another pair of creatures. They seem to have much less flesh than the other prey around, but on the other hand there are no flames or flickering lights near them so....it pounces again.

Okay I will charge the two hosed up servitors, aiming to get them both into melee but if that fails I'll get the one closest to me. Also I'll use both blades but only attack the servitor that's in front

93 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

11 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 4, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Hissstory repeats itself

Cuting the poo poo out of my melee opponent

13 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

43 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

Almost a sharp success

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Running out of Hisss puns

Wounds: 3

sry boys but my week has been super draining thus far so italics it is again

Cutting the other mutant

48 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

18 vs 42 (32+10+10-10)

And then I'll use assassin strike to get out of melee and into the gross tunnels behind me where I'll probably slip and die from landing on a small rock

2 vs 27 (47 - 20)

I'm the best?????

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Craves hisssstamin

Since all the commotion died down, the mantis is content to wait and observe for now. It notices that it has sustained a wound, but pain is a negligible feeling when hunger is much more pressing. It had some bites here and there, but not enough to satisfy its appetite. The corpses around could serve as a meal, but a mantis is much more interested in eating things that move and twitch. There are still other fleshy creatures around, and while the mantis sfor some reason feels that it shouldn't eat them, the hunger may proove stronger. It rubs its claws in thought...

"Chitter"

Just hanging out since that's pretty much all I can do

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Dazed and confused

A lot of Grimply's experiences can be summed up to be confusing to say the least. Such is the fate of a high functioning schizophrenic, but of course Grimply would never really understand this. Even if you explained it very slowly and carefully. The transformation from mantis mutant back to regular scrunt mutant is painful and certainly traumatic for the afflicted, but luckily Grimply's main psyche wasn't there for most of it. It was trapped in a foggy corner of his mind, while his other personalities had all the fun. Or the trouble. Depends on how you look at it, really. The mantis wasn't a part of Grimply though. It came from outside and took control, and now it is gone again. Some of the more extreme aspects of his mind will miss the feral entity, but Grimply doesn't know that it was there in the first place. For now, at least.

Grimply is thrust back into reality, as a battered and bleeding scrunt, surrounded by corpses and blood smeared walls. Not an unusual situation for a scrunt as such, but the previous events left a big gaping hole in Grimply's mind and he can hardly be described as coherent. He's basically sitting on the floor, clutches his wound, and mutters "Fack" and "Slam" over and over. Yurik notices the sorry state of Grimply, and decides to lead him on until he gets back to his senses. Whatever that may mean in Grimply's case.

"Thare, thare. I's gonna be allright, lad."

"Yee?"

"Yee."

An unspecified amount of time later!

Grimply finds himself sitting on a pile of crates, in what appears to be a large and techy looking room. How did he get here? And for that matter, what the hell happened in the first place? He scratches his head(a common gesture for people that want to remember things), and a sharp flash of pain from his side rocks through him. Okay, slow down now. Let's go over this one by one. He was in the cave with the other scrunts. Then they found some doggies that turned out to be weird and shiny and the Father hated them. Yes! They were enemies of the Father! So he...he used his holy SLAM juice to destroy them! And seeing how he and all the other scrunts are here now, he must have done great work! Shame that he can't remember any of it, but it sure must have been a great display of the Father's might. The other scrunts surely want to thank him for being so good and scrunty, but they probably couldn't since it seems like he passed out. Probably from all the powerful and holy stuff he was doing. Well, Grimply isn't an unreasonable scrunt, so the rest of the group can thank him now that he's awake. He shambles forward, aimed at the group of scrunts that seem to be arguing with some tech stuff. Nothing weird to Grimply, but that pain in his side still bothers him. Well, the Father does not give help for free, and pain is a appropriate price. When Grimply reaches the group, ready to be showered in praise and adoration, his eyes catch what the techy screen in front of the other scrunts is displaying. A humie. Teched up but still....a humie!!

"Yer drat stinkin' 'umie!! I'll eat yer bones!!!"

Okay so I assume that Grimply got some first aid at some point so my wounds should be fixed right?

Also he's throwing a tantrum because you are negotiating with a drat humie. But I'm not trying to gently caress you over because I missed so many posts. It's just fluff

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 29, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Revelations

Wounds: 0
Fate: 2/2

Grimply's life has taken some odd turns lately, to say the least. Since he's landed on this planet he fought with hosed up demons, a giant killer robot, demon dogs, and mutated into a bug-beast as Yurik told him in a friendly chat over a bowl of scrunt stew(which may have contained actual scrunts).

"Nah really yer were all bug like and went SKREE and whatsnot I tells yer!"

He has also seen other scrunts mutate, but assumed it was the power of the Scruntfather that got into them. But a bug doesn't sound very scrunty. Bugs are like small things that you crack for their sweet bug juice, right? Oh that sweet bug juice... But Yurik also said that Grimply cut some demon dogs up with his cool bug blades so maybe there still is something deeper to this? Could it be a lesson from the father?...About like...being humble? That something small and tasty like a bug can still SLAM it up if it's paired with the scrunty ways????? Yeah, that must be it! Grimply is revitalized by this idea, and licks the last drops of the scrunt stew with delight.

-An expensive scene transition-

Finding this base has been a real blessing for the other scrunts(brought upon by the Father, of course), and Grimply is pretty happy about it too. He started to like the farm after they killed the hosed up demons, but then that thing with the murder robot happened and the place went to poo poo. Well, even more than normally. He lost his chappel when they left the farm, but this place is big and fancy enough that he can build an even better one! While the other scrunts toil around the place and lick it, Grimply closes his eyes and just waits for the Father to guide him where he should go. Flet helps out here by pushing things and scrunts out of the way, and carefully nudges Grimply whenever he's about to hit a wall. Eventually, Grimply stops in front of an unremarkable door and opens his eyes.

"Ay, laddie. Tha's be oua new place yee it be!"

Behind the door lies a small and dimly lit room. Shelves line the walls right next to Grimply, and in front of him is a desk and some metal cabinets. The cabinets have buckets and weird sticks with fuzzy and soft things on them, and the shelves have lots of weird little soft squares on them that you can squeeze. There are also many bottles that smell intriguingly chemical, but the liquid in them tastes really awful. Flet helps out again by clapping Grimply on the back while he coughs and weezes. The dreadful humie stuff goes out(read: thrown out of the door into the hallway), and Grimply and Flet carry all their holy and scrunty stuff in. Some random trash and refuse too, of course. Can't make a proper shrine for the Father without the fundamentals, now can you? While the days go by and the other scrunts occupy their spots in the base, Grimply stays in his new chappel and contemplates the teachings of the Father and the journey to the SLAM sector. With their new home and it's opportunities, he feels like anything can be possible for his flock. Even Flet manages to sit still for some time every day and thinks really hard about the Scrunfather instead of falling asleep or touching himself. Truly, this could be a time of miracles for the scrunts. A time of....SLAM.

But there is still this one other thing. The humie. See, Grimply has a very simple stance when it comes to humans; You usually kill them first so that they can't kill you. He has not forgotten how the hosed up humies killed his whole scrunt village, or how the normal humies killed his whole new scrunt family. You just can't trust those drat humies because they're sly and evil creatures! But here's the thing, this new robot humie Surb, hasn't actually killed anyone by now! And instead he gave them this cool base, presents, and told them cool things too. That's totally not what humies should be like! Grimply has trouble dealing with this new outlook on humies, but he eventually comes around to the fact that this may very well be another lesson from the Father. He's not yet sure what it's about, but for now he stops throwing things at Surb and only occasionally hisses at him.

-A classic montage transition-

Grimply sits in his chappel and flicks through the worn pages of his holy book for his daily contemplations. Just as he's about to follow a particularly holy(read: crazy) thought, Flet wanders in and prods him on the shoulder.

"Argh, whatsit laddie? Yer know that I dun wanna be disturbed!"

"Yee mastah but this be important. See tha doctor lady scrunt said that she needs ta look at all of us an that it be very important an stuff."

"Pah! What can be more important than tha word of tha Father, laddie? Nay, I tell yer!"

"Yee, mastah, yee! But uhm...see she was very stern ta me an all tha otha scrunts are doin it too an everyone says it's important an....an stuff."

"Oh allroight then!! Fack, can a 'umble scrunt not read tha holy word in peace in this 'ere place? Roight...let's go then!"

Grimply and Flet make their way through the scuttling scrunt swarm in front of the med bay, and eventually reach the tip of the line.

"All roight Murdelia, I'm 'ere. Now why did yer rile up me lad an wha'ts all this about hmm??"

"Yer just needs ta 'old still for a moment, got it?"

"I don't..Fack! What yer doing thare?" Grimply yells as Murdelia scans him with the Auspex.

"Yee, just as I thought. Yer got it too!"

"What? What's do I got? I dunno what yer want!!"

"Yer got this!"

Grimply stares at the auspex monitor in confusion.

"And what be that now hmm??"

"It's a thingy in your 'ead an I found it in lots of otha scrunts too. It does something when yer take tha SLAM juice. In fact, it does that weird and cool stuff that's 'appening when you SLAM."

Grimply takes a few moments to process these words, but when they sink in, he grabs Murdelia by her coat and yells really close into her face.

"YER FOUND IT!! YER FOUND IT!!! YEE YER FOUND IT!!!"

"FECK! Let go o' me yer.."

"This be tha Spark of tha Fatha! 'is 'oly touch on 'is scrunts be right thare! Yer found it!!"

"Now look 'ere, this be some thing in yer brain and not's what yer think. I'm sure it's..."

"BLASPHEMY!! How can yer deny tha Spark of tha Father?? It's roight thare!"

"Now look yer fecker! I will take me knoife an.."

But before Murdelia can finish the sentence and start a turbulent chain of events, the intercoms of the base suddenly blast cheering scrunt voices into the room.

"SLAM-SLAM! WE IS GONNA RAID! SLAM-SLAM! DON'T YER BE TA LATE! SLAM-SLAM! WE IS GONNA RA.."

Grimply takes a confused step back while the scrunts around him scurry even more in an effort to now leave the room since cooler things are happening. When he snaps back he realizes that Murdelia has already collected her gear and is on the way out too.

"This not be ova, yer 'ere me?!? We's gonna talk about this!!"

"Mastah? I...I think she did nay 'ere yer."

"Fack!...Roight, lad..this can wait. we...we is gonna raid!"

Heyyyy scruuntss

Since I'm lazy and bad this is a sort of retroactive post. Like, I don't really know how I can help with the base stuff so I just sit this out for now I guess cause you lot got it under control anyway. If possible, the GM could roll a perception/awareness test for me on the Inquisitor box. As said, don't really know what I can add otherwise.

Also I want to ride in the Tauros cause it's fast and I should be scouting and getting in a good spot to snipe the tower dudes or do sneaky poo poo before the battle pops off.

Oh, as far as game goals go, I want to find the slam sector. Even if it means to just nuke something and then dwelling in the glowing ruins. Like, maybe my chappel could be an actual mechanic where I can generate SLAM points or something? SLAM points could give us minor blessings or reveal a step towards the SLAM sector? Idk

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 31, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Filling rabbits with holes

So I must have missed the mention of a stealth round but here is a stealth test anyway

23 vs 77 (47 +20 +10)

So if this lets me set up in the treeline, I will use Flet as my spotter and do called shots on rabbit legs with my long las each turn if I can. Grimply has hunting experience in his cool lore so he should be able to bag a rabbit without obliterating it even if he uses a decent power weapon?

If I don't sit in the treeline, I will magboot ontop of the scruntmera and do the same as before because the aim penalty doesn't phase me much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, press x to use scrunter sense

Grimply has a done a lot of hunting in his time. It doesn't really matter where he goes, as he always manages to find something small and barely sentient to kill and eat. Sometimes not even in that order. As such, he feels right at home in his sniper tree and happily plinks away at the fluffy herd that the other scrunts are chasing towards him. The rest of the crew is slamming it up a bit too much for his taste, but who can blame them? In moments like these the father smiles upon his scrunts because slamming is what they're supposed to do! After another kill for the pile, Grimply lowers his scope and checks the situation. The tip of the herd has almost reached his spot and there won't be much sense in going for them. The bigger bulk that's still some distance away promises more kills before they reach him so he swings his rifle back into action.

But before he can line up the next shot, the hairs on his warty neck tingle. Something has changed. Something in the forest. Most scrunts wouldn't notice the subtle changes in the background noise of the forest, but Grimply needed to learn such things back when he was a lone scrunt on his hosed up home planet. This is the same feeling he got when there was something dangerous in the forest with him. But what happens next could probably be noticed by any other scrunt, since the distant cracking of trees and foliage echoes towards the treeline. Grimply grits his crooked teeth, and flicks his microbead to transmit. He's not sure who's receiving, or if they'll hear him over the slamming, but that's all he can do right now.

"Listen, lads! Yer fackers better be cutting yer slammin short cause we's got somethin comin. Somethin big an probably mad! So git yer guns closer ta me shooty tree quick, roight?"

Okay, here's some info for the party. Our rabbit murder spree has triggered something big to come to us from my treeline. It's probably a rabbit and quite possibly totally hosed up. So I'd suggest you get ready to kick it into hyper slam gear. However, I wrote my post in such a way that you can choose not to know because you didn't hear me. No idea why, but go nuts if you want

Right, on to my stuff. I'm unsure if we're still in a condensed turn format, but my plan is to get hidden until our mystery beast arrives and has moved past me so that I can nail it in the butt. My longlas should do fine, no need for the artillery. So let's start with a stealth test to see how well Grimply rubs against his tree

48 vs 77 (47 +20 +10) pretty good

Then I'll either call shots on the mystery beast's head/butt in condensed turn format, or do my thing in normal format. Oh, and if the beast finds me, then I'll sprint the gently caress away towards the northern border of the map and try to reach another tree/bush there

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 12, 2016

• Locked thread