Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You monstrous heretic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Moose-Alini posted:

I'm not saying child marriage is good as much as its way less bad than child soldiers. In my mind at least.

Moose-Alini posted:

Sure if you do like almost all societies of the past have and wait until she's mature to consummate it.
Hm.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The country is going to be terrible no matter what you choose, so it's all a matter of what kind of awfulness you can deal with.

I'm still playing thru the game, but I'm choosing Amita over Sabal. I didn't like the idea of a theocracy complete with child brides and public executions. Sure, child soldiers is barely better (if at all), but Amita at least wants to move some things forward instead of moving all things backwards. An economy based on drugs doesn't bother me as much as the alternative.

Really, if they would have expanded on the secret 15-minutes-into-the-game ending, so you actually get to do things with Pagan, then it would be the obvious choice.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The child soldiers at the end didn't even look super young, like 17-20. Grow up and serve your fake country! For democracy narcotarianism!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Got 100% finally... and no trophy? Lame.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There was some talk way back in the thread about "what kind of environment should the next Far Cry take place in". Desert seems like an obvious choice, but I think we should consider a different type of third-world hell hole: urban.

Give us a fake Brazil, with some jungle around the edges, but mostly focused in a maze-like favela slum-city. Houses stacked on top of other houses, with lots of jumping through windows and ziplining along laundry lines.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 22, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Are you saying it'll be "like Dying Light with (more) guns"? Because I want Dying Light with (more) guns! :dance:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking for co-op friends, add me.

steamcommunity.com/id/Turtlishus/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So is it impossible to get that achievement to play every kind of PvP game mode, if there aren't enough pubbies by now?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Crows Turn Off posted:

Really, if they would have expanded on the secret 15-minutes-into-the-game ending, so you actually get to do things with Pagan, then it would be the obvious choice.

My reactions to the beginning were like, oh cool I can choose between Evil guy and "good" guy (standard video game choice). I was all excited to chose Evil guy because of his poor, poor shoes, but then I saw the info screen of only being able to chose between the two Golden Path path douchebags and didn't want to believe it. I mean come on, you can't side with the evil dictator?

And I think I said it before, you end the game as The owner of kyrat and yet you're still some lowly grunt with no power and you can't even murder some one come on I want to blow up Utkarsh.

Sabal wants to marry Bhadra, Anita says in a cutscene, and the temple guy also wants 5 sons with her.

Anyways the goons who recommended me FC3 thank you, playing it right now, this game is awesome.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 26, 2015

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
The alligators in this are very good. Just encountered my first one; I thought it was a glitch with an animal spawning into the ground, went closer to have a look and then I got eaten.
Does anybody have a fix for the controller issue on pc? I'm no good with m&kb but the controller being plugged in fucks up the game scripts loading

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So I finally got around to trying this after playing Bloodborne for a month straight, and it seemed pretty cool. However, after watching the opening cutscene where the guy says "wait right here", I figured "oh hey I bet there's a funny easter egg if you actually sit and wait for him to come back". So I get up, do some poo poo, and come back when I hear another cutscene start up. I watch it, place the ashes on the table, leave, and then the loving credits start rolling? Did I accidentally find some kind of weird secret or activate some sort of attract mode thing for waiting too long? :confused:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Alabaster White posted:

So I finally got around to trying this after playing Bloodborne for a month straight, and it seemed pretty cool. However, after watching the opening cutscene where the guy says "wait right here", I figured "oh hey I bet there's a funny easter egg if you actually sit and wait for him to come back". So I get up, do some poo poo, and come back when I hear another cutscene start up. I watch it, place the ashes on the table, leave, and then the loving credits start rolling? Did I accidentally find some kind of weird secret or activate some sort of attract mode thing for waiting too long? :confused:

You got the secret ending.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

You got the secret ending.

Well, I figured as much. Seems a little funny that you actually have to specifically go out of your way to NOT instantly win the game. At least my hunch was right, although I was expecting like, a funny quip or maybe a secret gun or something, not... the credits :v:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Alabaster White posted:

Well, I figured as much. Seems a little funny that you actually have to specifically go out of your way to NOT instantly win the game. At least my hunch was right, although I was expecting like, a funny quip or maybe a secret gun or something, not... the credits :v:

Well, you have to stay there a long time. Most people will be pressed to check out what is going on with the guy screaming in the background and what not.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alabaster White posted:

Pagan is very precise with his words.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How was the crab rangoon?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Is it really a secret ending at this point since everyone who even does a cursory Google search about the game will immediately know about it?

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Finished the game this weekend. Thought it was pretty fun for the most part, but god, I had some serious problems on the PC-- corrupted saves (which were fine after I reinstalled the game, thank gently caress), frequent crashes-- I rage-deleted the game after it crashed 9/10ths of the way through the mission to kidnap Paul. The save system loving sucks-- checkpoints are meaningless, and even saving didn't seem to work consistantly. I had to do the first Hurk mission twice because it didn't save when I quit after doing it the first time. I understand not wanting people to save-scum and everything, but come on. Also, the missions where outposts would be invaded by the royal army were kind of bullshit. Nothing like fast travelling to get close to your destination, getting a ways outside of the outpost and then having to hoof it back there.

I ended up siding with Amita, because gently caress Sabal for being down with child brides. I killed Pagan at the end, and then felt bad about it after I watched the alternate endings-- sure, he was a mass-murdering lunatic, but Amita and Sabal were sort of lovely too. It did feel like the most tonally appropriate ending, though.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Anyone know if they fixed the bug with hiding the minimap on the PS3, where mission icons stay on my screen even if I'm over a thousand meters away?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man it's really hard to find people to play with on this game.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I just got this and if someone ever mailed copies of it to the World Wildlife Fund they would immediately disband. Animals are loving dicks in this game.

Also it loving owns (apart from every character being annoying)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You're in for a treat later when you unlock the buzzsaw. "No, mister rhino, gently caress YOU"

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

You're in for a treat later when you unlock the buzzsaw. "No, mister rhino, gently caress YOU"
I was replaying the game, and then I kind of lost steam once I got the buzzsaw.

Feels like cheating.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

All you need in life is a short 1887, a .700 Nitro Express double rifle, a bow, and a shitload of explosives.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Rougey posted:

I was replaying the game, and then I kind of lost steam once I got the buzzsaw.

Feels like cheating.

Unless you grind for it and get it early (don't do this unless you want easy mode), it can be a satisfying late-game reward for all the times you got cheap-shotted, changing you from sneaky, stealthy Rambo into Aah-nuld in Commando. I definitely don't recommend beelining for it if you care about silly things like "balance" and "challenge"

Capn Beeb posted:

All you need in life is a short 1887, a .700 Nitro Express double rifle, a bow, and a shitload of explosives.

This is the best way to play. Anyone who hasn't eyeballed a 60+ yard bow headshot or trapped the hell out of an outpost and cleared it with a single buttonpress hasn't lived.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

My advice? Try to avoid making it too easy for yourself which is really easy to do. Don't take the grenade launcher as a side arm since it trivializes a lot of stuff. Try to challenge yourself by taking out outposts with just takedowns. I found the game a lot more engaging when I didn't try to make things as easy as possible for myself.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
How is/was the co-op on this (on ps4) - got it a week ago and could use a shank bud.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Did anyone else think that Paul's character wasn't fully fleshed out enough? I found the idea of an American ex-pat intelligence worker living in Kyrat but still in touch with his family really compelling.

Also is there any update on the potential of a Blood Dragon 2 or Far Cry 4 spin-off yet?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

Try to challenge yourself by taking out outposts with just takedowns.
Or do the opposite by only engaging loud. Roll up in a car, let the reinforcements arrive, and see how many you can take down from in your vehicle with the grenade launcher without getting out.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

My advice? Try to avoid making it too easy for yourself which is really easy to do. Don't take the grenade launcher as a side arm since it trivializes a lot of stuff. Try to challenge yourself by taking out outposts with just takedowns. I found the game a lot more engaging when I didn't try to make things as easy as possible for myself.

Both this and the "go loud, go loud as gently caress" option are fun in their own right but there's something deeply satisfying about getting a no detections/no alarms clear that gunning down hordes of guys doesn't provide.

Also I recommend switching up your loadout regularly and trying gimmick loadouts because it's all too easy to fall into a rut with the same four weapons and never touch a good 90% of the armory.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I like to carry the autocrossbow, sawed off shotgun, the revolver, and the mauser and just cruise the world pretending I'm Max Rockatansky. :clint: (why is there no Mad Max emote yet)

Stop at one of the liberated outposts. "I'm just here for the gasoline. Er, Kyrat Fashion Week quest."

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

"I'm just here for the guzzoline. Er, Kyrat Fashion Week quest."

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I like to carry the autocrossbow, sawed off shotgun, the revolver, and the mauser and just cruise the world pretending I'm Max Rockatansky. :clint: (why is there no Mad Max emote yet)

I know right?

:mediocre:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Rougey posted:

I know right?

:vince:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

What's the trick to getting off the rope in this game? Ajay will be 2 feet off the ground and I hit the button to detach from the rope and he falls to his death every time. Is it just bugged on PS4 or something?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Rougey posted:

I know right?

:perfect:

Surprised there's no lovely day emoticon, to be honest.

Obsurveyor posted:

What's the trick to getting off the rope in this game? Ajay will be 2 feet off the ground and I hit the button to detach from the rope and he falls to his death every time. Is it just bugged on PS4 or something?

I played on the PC, but always held the walk backwards key to slow down. Should be back on the left stick, I'd imagine. Sometimes if I didn't, I'd just die or take a lot of damage.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 3, 2015

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Does the Bushmaster unlock via campaign progression or is it only through the Arena? I really want it but I don't find the Arena fun at all (or I'm bad at it)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Obsurveyor posted:

I've never had a problem with it on the PS4 and like swinging around like a doof. Just don't slam yourself into the ground rappelling full speed then detach - slow down first and rappel to the ground.

I'm pretty sure Ajay has the ankle bones of a bird, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

I've never had a problem with it on the PS4 and like swinging around like a doof. Just don't slam yourself into the ground rappelling full speed then detach - slow down first and rappel to the ground.

I'm pretty sure Ajay has the ankle bones of a bird, though.

I've been making sure I'm on the ground now before trying to get off it and that seems to have stopped the dying.

If you're still looking for a co-op buddy, add me, same PSN name as here.

• Locked thread