Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kerzoro posted:

Sadly I lack cats to take pictures with :(

Now we know what to get you next Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Draw a crude picture of a cat, then either place it in the shot or crudely crop it into the image.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pictures have been uploaded! Sorry for dubious quality; the BF's phone is apparently bad at autofocus, and also I touch cameras and they turn into potatoes.

A gift! A gift comes!

Thanks, Rhjamiz! And... "trust exercise?" Hoo boy.

Hey, it's Avalon! I've been told I need to play this, what with the Mafia and all (did you check my post history, Santa?), so I'm sure this'll get a lot of play. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the contents of the smaller box: a Rider-Waite Tarot deck! It's really cool to finally own one, and I will have to find excuses to integrate it into games. Or just learn some of those old-timey Tarot-card games, I dunno.

Obligatory picture of a cat investigating the box. The other cat wasn't interested in playing along, since there was a critical bird situation outside the window, but perhaps I'll get a shot of him and the Tarot deck later. My desire to harass cats is nigh-infinite.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Fortunately, I have a VCR already attached to my television, and several Goons will be attending a holiday get-together on Sunday! They will get to enjoy a rousing game of Richard Little's VCR Charades Game--

I suddenly had something come up this Sunday, that does not involve me avoiding that game in the least. Nope not at all.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I know where you live, fucker.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Pictures have been uploaded! Sorry for dubious quality; the BF's phone is apparently bad at autofocus, and also I touch cameras and they turn into potatoes.

A gift! A gift comes!

Thanks, Rhjamiz! And... "trust exercise?" Hoo boy.

Hey, it's Avalon! I've been told I need to play this, what with the Mafia and all (did you check my post history, Santa?), so I'm sure this'll get a lot of play. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the contents of the smaller box: a Rider-Waite Tarot deck! It's really cool to finally own one, and I will have to find excuses to integrate it into games. Or just learn some of those old-timey Tarot-card games, I dunno.

Obligatory picture of a cat investigating the box. The other cat wasn't interested in playing along, since there was a critical bird situation outside the window, but perhaps I'll get a shot of him and the Tarot deck later. My desire to harass cats is nigh-infinite.

Glad you like it! And no, I did not look at your post history, I am just very good at accidentally being a good Santa. I've been playing a lot of real-life Mafia and Avalon lately so I figured I would share.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Okay, so I got another package today. Also without a name attached anywhere or note! Exciting. On the off chance that this is one of you fine goons, I received the copy of Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!

Can't wait to tear into this one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

So I got a package in the mail today!

As is tradition, I have photographed it next to a cat.

So, what did I receive from VintageGameWorld.com?

No, seriously, what the hell did I get from Vintage Game World?

Whatever it is, those people on the back of the box are excited about it. Or screaming in fear and terror, even chance of either, really.

Richard Little's VCR Charades Game is a game of solo charades! By slotting the included cassette (something our primative ape-like ancestors used before the invention of civilization) into a Video Cassette Recorder, I can have the brilliant Richard Little appear in my very living room and entertain me as if I had associates. Simply time how long it takes me to figure out what book, movie, celebrity, or other notable noun Mr. Little is acting out on the television, and then compare my performance against that of the Pro Team, who's scores are in the back of the instruction manual. Will I move my little plastic pawn further around the board than my mysterious antagonists have? I imagine this is what going to a party would be like!

Also you can play this game cooperatively if you happen to have friends.

Fortunately, I have a VCR already attached to my television, and several Goons will be attending a holiday get-together on Sunday! They will get to enjoy a rousing game of Richard Little's VCR Charades Game, and we'll see how we perform against the scores of the mysterious Professional Charades Team. With two hours of pre-recorded Charades gameplay by luminary Richard Little, I'm certain our mastery of 1985 America will be stretched to the breaking point!

I eagerly await the LP of this game.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Dear Santee,

I have just placed an order with two vendors from Amazon with expedited shipping for two separate packages to arrive at your address some time before Christmas (at least, I hope that's what my money is paying for). I have also sent some instructions to the Santa Taskmaster concerning this!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I think I've found our official mascot

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Can I still sign up for Lightning Round 3...?? If I can, sign me up! I was trying to keep track of how many people signed up, but I lost count.

My original post is here

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

K Prime posted:

I think I've found our official mascot

:getin:

It makes my participation in TGSS all the merrier this year to see that someone actually got a santaur.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
So, uh, can I get in the final lightning round?

No reason.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

I am also signing up for lightning round 3!

Gift Preferences: I like board games and MtG, and I'm not really into pen and paper RPGs anymore. I also like cooking stuff, books, and other random nerd stuff.

General Location: Central US

Solemn Vow: I solemnly swear I will send presents and post about what I got and all that good stuff!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Niemat posted:

Can I still sign up for Lightning Round 3...?? If I can, sign me up! I was trying to keep track of how many people signed up, but I lost count.

My original post is here

yes, got your email, you're in!

Mystic Mongol posted:

So, uh, can I get in the final lightning round?

No reason.

yes, but you need to post to that effect, and also send the email

Vidmaster posted:

I am also signing up for lightning round 3!

Gift Preferences: I like board games and MtG, and I'm not really into pen and paper RPGs anymore. I also like cooking stuff, books, and other random nerd stuff.

General Location: Central US

Solemn Vow: I solemnly swear I will send presents and post about what I got and all that good stuff!

You are also in!

everyone, Due to the timing, I've let this round stay open for a couple extra days because I'm going to make it the last round. If you want in on a lightning bonus round, you have about 24 hours from this post.

As of right now we have around six or eight goons in the round, but I'll hold it open till tomorrow night regardless, so nobody gets left out.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
My Lightning Round 2 gifts are away! Should be there on Wednesday.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
God help me, Mystic Mogol made me play a sadistic game with one Richard Little. I hate everything.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

dirtycajun posted:

God help me, Mystic Mogol made me play a sadistic game with one Richard Little. I hate everything.

:smith::hf::smith:

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Is there a survivors group I should be joining?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Goony holiday cheer shipped!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Time for Odin to get off his mead and get to one final delivery. It should arrive soon, but I'm still praying for a miracle to be safe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 emails are away! And this means TGSS 2014 signups are now closed for the year.

Will the following goons please contact me as soon as possible, because I'm worried about you:

Froghammer
Mr. Maltose
Old Doggy Bastard

I have no status for you having sent anything. With just 8 days left to get something delivered, you really need to get a move on. Or, if you've already sent something, just let me know!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Aaaand Lightning Round 3 prezzies are away!

Also, a note to my Lightning Round 3 Santa, I'll be going out of town on Saturday (and coming back the 27th), so if my present arrives after that, my housemate can confirm that it arrived, and I can post pics and stuff once I get back.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

dirtycajun posted:

So, was this session taped or otherwise preserved? I must savor what I have caused.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Mors Rattus posted:

So, was this session taped or otherwise preserved? I must savor what I have caused.

There are photos and a write up incoming as far as I am aware. I hope you choke on it.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Instructions for the Royal Mail: :justpost:

I played Zeppelin Attack with my girlfriend last night, and it was great! As Gorilla Khan I shot down her Ice Queen (hah) zeppelin fleet in a close but really fun match. Thanks, secret Santa! Hoping to get a 4-player game on the go on Wednesday and Sunday, that seems like it'll be total chaos.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
GIFT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!

I have to leave it in the capable hands of the mail gods. Have mercy on their soul.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Tum ti tum. Hello meatbag owner.

What's that?

What the gently caress is that??

Calm down Cicero! Its only my Secret Santa Present!! Please note, Cicero is a Special Cat (that's a polite way of saying an inbred farm cat with a heap of issues) so Big Black Eyes (always capitalized) s normal for him. As is freaking out at new things.

Like a good boy, I open the card first.

Dungeon World, some more Marauders (You can never have enough boom-doggies) and some walls - as well as what seems to be every character sheet for DW pre-printed! But wait, theres more!

Bonus Treasure (and a close up of the walls) - A collection of PDF's for Dungeon World!

Thanks a lot Santa! I've been meaning to get Dungeon world at some point, so its going to go into the line of RPG's for my group! I'll have a lot of fun reading it before then!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A package arrived! Well, the GPO tried to deliver it and failed because I'd nipped out to get some lunch for ten bloody minutes. Buggers do this more and more. Anyway! After liberating the package from loving Telferton, where it took three people looking at the Awful app on my phone to demonstrate that I am indeed my forum name, I got it in my grubby hands!

My cat wasn't impressed. He was asleep at the other side of the flat. It was a book-wrapper rather than a full on box, so he can't hide in it. The finger's to hide my address. Inside...

Fantastic! Santa delivers again. This goes perfectly with my other gift from Santa, which was the Netrunner base game. Thanks so much!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! A present for me!

A box! Excellent! Best present ever received today so far!

A collection of classical haiku! None of this Western bullshit where it's like "i took a big poop / i hope i didn't wake up / the kids or neighbors" poo poo.

The Bansenshukai! Wikipedia has a quick summary here:

quote:

Bansenshukai (萬川集海, translated 'Sea of Myriad Rivers Merging') is a Japanese book containing a collection of knowledge from the clans in the Iga and Kōga regions that had been devoted to the training of ninja.[1]

Excellent, now I can learn how to form all those goddamn hand seals that they use in my JAPANESE ANIMES so I can turn into a log! I imagine the translator credited on there must have had a tragic childhood with a name like that.

Now that I have haiku to meditate on and a real life manual of ninja arts, all I have to do now is hone my chakras...

oh that's cool i guess it's a bag - empty

Woah - stones to help me hone my chakras! Chakra (plural)? I think they might have something to do with that bag.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

Alright, uh, maybe there is a joke I'm missing here. :negative:

Thanks, Santa!

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 16, 2014

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

aldantefax posted:

Alright, uh, maybe there is a joke I'm missing here. :negative:

It's a puzzle, alright

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

IrvingWashington posted:

It's a puzzle, alright

Maybe if he examines it further he can piece it together

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Posting to confirm that my Santee's gift is on its way and that my gift came in! It got mixed up with some other holiday packaging so I had it for a while without realizing it. Pictures incoming when I can get my pet in proper position.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Grey Hunter posted:

Thanks a lot Santa! I've been meaning to get Dungeon world at some point, so its going to go into the line of RPG's for my group! I'll have a lot of fun reading it before then!

Glad you like the sound of it! I bloody love it, and if you fancy a game online there's usually a few on SA at any time. The hardest bit is definitely choosing a class, even with only the base 8, so good luck with that now :unsmigghh:

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Oh look something came in the mail...

Oh holy gently caress this is the best Christmas ever, thank you so much santa.

Late dog pic

homerlaw fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 17, 2014

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Hmmm. A box from CoolStuffInc that I don't remember ordering, you say?

What could it possibly be?

Tragedy Looper and the Black Crusade GM Kit! Thanks Goon-santa!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dulkor posted:

Tragedy Looper and the Black Crusade GM Kit! Thanks Goon-santa!
That cover really reminds me a lot of Fate/Stay Night.

In other news, I got a thing in the mail today!

An Anima Tactics starter (the faction I was looking into starting, as well!) and a Steam Arachnid swarm. Even better that they're the one-piece metal ones, I've heard some horror stories about assembling the multi-part metal spiders. Thanks Santa!

I tried to get an obligatory photo with the cat, but she wouldn't stay still thanks to the pugs.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Did one of my Santas send me a small opalescent pyramid? I got a small package from the UK recently and have no idea where it's from. It looks really cool and I'm probably going to try taking pictures of it on my day off in any case.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

poo poo, now I want a small opalescent pyramid for Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

It's the first night of Saturnalia, and it's time for me to open the first gift:

Thanks a bunch! Io Saturnalia! Also forgive the backwards image; it's a Sign of the Pagan board game, and I can hardly wait to see how this game works.

Tomorrow, I'll open the second gift and show it to all on the thread.

• Locked thread