Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
:dance: So excited!

Gift Preferences: I'd prefer physical games or books. GM tools are good too! I have some Blue Dungeon Tiles, but that's about it, and I'm usually the one GM'ing. Please don't send me any more PDFs, I have too many by now, so they're getting a bit hard to keep track of! You can see my wishlist at CoolStuffInc.com here and my DriveThruRPG.com wishlist here for some ideas of what I like, but honestly my favorite stuff I received last year were things not even on my radar, so if you think of something you think is awesome that I haven't listed, feel free to send it my way because I'll probably think it's awesome too!

Pastebin of stuff I own!

I'd prefer not to get minis, I think. I like the idea of mini-based wargames, but I'm never going to have the time to put them together or paint them, so they'll sadly just sit there, unused.

Solemn Vow: This'll be my second time doing the TGSS. Last year I ordered my santee's gift on Black Friday and had it sent out quickly, and also participated in a lightning round. I promise that I'll have awesome gifts for my santee(s) this year!

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Sign me up, coach! THIS is my original post with wants, location, etc.

I'll shoot off an email now.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Holy crap.

So I had the idea to run my own Secret Santa for some of my friends (13 people in total, including myself), and good lord, "herding cats" doesn't accurately explain the cajoling I had to do just to get people's addresses and what they wanted. Made a Facebook event, everyone joined but nobody followed the directions. Made a post in the event explaining what I needed, a couple of people gave it. Eventually had to directly message everyone else individually to extract the info from them.

But now assignments are out and I just have to sit back and nervously wonder who isn't going to get their presents wait.

So yeah, I've gained an extraordinary amount of respect for Leperflesh not just for running this, but for doing it several years in a row!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

^ Oh hey, great! And I just ordered the main course(s)!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh hey, I got an e-delivery!

A whole mess of Castle Falkenstein PDFs! Neat! I've heard a little about it, so it'll be fun to read through them. Thanks secret santa!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm caught up!

Also, thanks Not So Secret Santa Spincut! I received my copy of The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill (expansion for the Lord of the Rings LCG), and Coup, which looks like a really cool fast-paced game (plays in 15 minutes!).

Along with my Steam game this is a pretty sweet pile of loot. You are a good goon.

Sweet! Glad you like them!

I like Coup. It's a great, quick little game and it works well with a wide range of players. So hopefully you like it too!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Kerzoro posted:

I'm very happy that my gift was well enjoyed :toot: (and I honestly have no idea how secret I should keep who it was that I gifted to :v: )

Basically, be as secretive or not as you want to be. If you want to say, "Hey [Goon X], that was me, glad you liked it!" Go ahead. If you want to keep it a mystery, then do that instead!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My lightning round 1 gifts are away! One should arrive on Thursday and the other will come on Friday.

I need to check my finances to see if I can do Lightning Round 2, but I'll shoot off an email if I can.

EDIT: Ah, what the hell, I'll sign up. Original post is here!

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 1, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

IrvingWashington posted:

A things arrived!

Thanks Santa, you are awesome! I've been wanting to try out X-Wing for about a year, and I'm partway through rereading Necromancer so the need to Netrunner is high again :)

Hey, that was me! Glad you like them!

(Also, I realize this is the second time I've bought something by Fantasy Flight for secret santa. I swear I'm not a FFG plant)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Me about 4 months ago: "Hey I'll just get an A-Wing and stuff that I like the look of..." :suicide:

Oh geez, now I just feel like an enabler.

Oh well, 'tis the season, I suppose!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

This just popped up in my email:

Thanks, Santa! I've been interested in Iron Kingdoms for a bit, but the PDF always seemed too expensive to me. I'm excited to check it out!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

What's this? A mysterious package has ended up on my doorstop!

A mysterious and...daintily prepared package!

Why, there's a note!

Hey hey, Shadowrun 4e and a campaign to go with it! Thanks, Secret Santa!!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

You're welcome! Mostly I'm just glad that incredibly bad package made it there intact. This is what happens when it's late at night and you realize the packing materials available to you are bubblewrap, an old LP mailer, and gaff tape.

Orkish Package Engineering is a hell of a thing.

Also, apologies to my Lightning Round 2 santee, but I'm not going to be able to get a gift to you until next week. I'll try to make it extra special though!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'm gonna wait until I send out my current santee's gifts to sign up for the Lightning Round 3, so if signups are still up on Monday I'll do it then.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

The round should have closed yesterday, but we only had two goons in it. I can hold it open till Monday at the latest, if you promise to sign up!

This is going to be the last lightning bonus round this year, because running a fourth would put us too close to christmas for reasonable shipping costs.

I promise to sign up on Monday!

Well, I could sign up today, but I won't be able to get prezzies out until Monday.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Okay, well, I'll sign up for Round 3, then!

Gift preferences are here and slightly edited. I'll send you an email.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My Lightning Round 2 gifts are away! Should be there on Wednesday.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Aaaand Lightning Round 3 prezzies are away!

Also, a note to my Lightning Round 3 Santa, I'll be going out of town on Saturday (and coming back the 27th), so if my present arrives after that, my housemate can confirm that it arrived, and I can post pics and stuff once I get back.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I accidentally tore into everything before taking a picture, but my Lightning Round Santa gift arrived!

The Star Wars theme continued in wonderful fashion, with The Star Wars LCG and a Z-95 Headhunter for X-Wing. The latter has already joined up with the rest of his squadron on my shelf.

:wookie:

Happy Life Day!

Yay! Those are from me. Hope you enjoy them!!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Niemat posted:

Santa! I got my package in the mail, and I'll have pictures of my cats up later today! Your gift was brilliant, and I love it!

Oh yay! I'm so glad you like it! :3:

(I'm hoping it's mine that you're talking about :shobon:)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Niemat posted:

The 7 Wonders expansion and Masks?

Edit: Spincut's post has made me realize I'm not sure if this my main round or Lightning Round package! There wasn't a name attached for which Santa sent it

That was mine!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Yay! Glad you like them! I've heard Masks of Nyarlathotep is one of the best campaigns for CoC, and Leaders is my favorite expansion for 7 Wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My housemate informed me that a box arrived today and took pictures for me!

Lost Legacy!

7 Wonders: Babel!

And notes!...containing a goon's real name so let's not post them! But one says there's something else coming the 23rd?! Maybe they were supposed to come separately but they got boxed together.

Also, since my cat is here with my mom in Washington and my gifts are back home in California, I'm going to cheat and give you a cat pic.

Thanks Vidmaster!!

• Locked thread