Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Dr. Buttass posted:

So what's the nature of the code behind the writing? My half-assed baby math puts us at just shy of a direct replacement cipher (6 sides x 4 orientations = 24 letters). Will that be something you actually need to do to solve any puzzles? Last time I played this game I was...I'm gonna say halfway through it and if there was any decoding to do it sure as hell wasn't clicking for me.

OP isn't doing the puzzles yet but you've got everything you need to work it out as of last video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Stelas posted:

I think I've managed to identify most of the puzzle components so far, with a couple of omissions: I'm pretty sure I've got the number system worked out but I don't really have any way to check my work, and I've definitely got the letter system, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to work that part out 'properly' yet. I went back to the intro and brute-forced my way through cracking the code rather than refer to any specific clue.

please don't tell me either way

I ended up working out the alphabet by frequency analysis because the actual in-game clue went right over my head on the first pass, so you're not the only one!

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Valgaav posted:

The nega-cubes or anti-cubes or whatever they were, the blue ones that took up half the hexahedron, sort of looked like something it was trying to hide. Nobody was supposed to know the nega-cubes existed, but it isn't whole without them, and trying to make it exist with just the cubes we collected didn't work. Whatever the Hexahedron is, it clearly has unfathomable power, and being near just a fragmented version of it can warp and change you.

On the other hand, Gomez managed to come back from being his most artistically minimal version. Whatever the evolutionary downsides of not being able to see in 3-d or build warp and star gates (And how long have you known about THOSE, little dot?) seem to be made up for by that. Is Gomez sort of an antibody to the Hexahedron's virus? Is THAT why it felt so weird in the space the hexahedron lived in? Is it only gomez, or the people in his village as well? I'll bet the Owls have an answer.

I took that sequence as an epiphany moment for Gomez. Obviously something went wrong with the cube, but as his hat comes off, he's able to perceive finer and finer levels of detail within himself until he figures out how his universe works and how he might be able to fix the problem.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Stelas posted:

I'm gonna go for the low-hanging fruit now, and come back for some others once I've gone back through the videos.

Working out the language, the long (and short) way.

The drums were the best.

Yeah, that's how I did it. And then also kicked myself when I eventually found the room with the clues for that. Substitution cyphers are so common in games that you can get by in the vast majority of games that try to include code.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Yeah, I've also finished the game, including the 'bullshit' category where I just gave up and was like, whatever, looking up a faq. So I'm waiting for the puzzles to actually come up in vids before talking in any more than totally vague terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Deathwind posted:

As I don't own a QR capable device, I really hoping those QR codes wouldn't be needed for puzzles. Are any of the other puzzles unsolvable without outside information?

The QR code is a shortcut. There's another way to get the same reward, and fortunately more in line with the rest of the puzzles.

• Locked thread