Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
New Thread woo!

Also excited for tomorrow and the elf city v2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Thanks a ton augs!

And here is the elf city stuff that's coming tomorrow, they go through every new area and there is a ton of info!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Oh RSoF you never cease to entertain me.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Aren't they working on a resizable client/mode for osrs though? I was pretty sure they were!

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Well I didn't think it was possible goons but it turns out it is.

I've found the worst thread on the RSoF

They just come out of the woodwork goons, I mean I knew the community was bad but I never knew it was this bad...Just look at there names, it took me a few posts to figure out what was going on.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Don't stand around lumbridge for longer than you have to or you attract people like this apparently.

2 hours later without responding at all:

allta fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 13, 2015

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

In fairness, it turned more into Hinze chatting with him after asking if her baby was a boy or girl, other than to explain he came onto Runescape because he had a hankerin for a pankerin :pervert::bigtran::pervert:

I thought I could get him to admit to botting or something else interesting but it wasn't as interesting as id thought and after the last comment I just put him on my ignore and put private chat to friends.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
43 barrows chests and not a single barrows item on my HCIM, I guess jagex really doesn't want me to have anything barrows...they were kind enough to give me a tooth half on my first chest and a d med on my 43rd though and both of those are way more rare than a barrows item so honestly i think they are just trying to spite me!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Surmoon posted:

Yeah, I should have had an authenticator, my bad there. I sent Jagex a message asking them to lock the account and gave them a new email to contact me at. Told them I could provide them with any account information they'd need. Lets hope they see the message before the bank pin resets, that would suck pretty bad. I'm heading to hockey now, i'll keep you guys updated!

If you cant get your account back/don't want to start over I have a few former goons accounts from when they've stopped playing and I know at least one of them has overloads and stuff so they aren't horribly far behind!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Guess who is training to 77 div and never going back to frost dragons???

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Yet another reason to leave public chat off...

allta
Mar 28, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Aptril BTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S2uWJCu7yE

Aquarium is coming

Vic is back but he's not back forever

Updates to Jmod powers. Jmods will be replaying world event 1 for people to try.

Beta updates.

Merchandise sutff

Solomans outfit

Ninja updates like moveable banktabs

So that's....1 real update this month? Welp keep up the good work jagex, maybe next month you can recycle old content all month instead of just most of it like you did this month!

allta
Mar 28, 2011
In related runescape news, one of the only good runescape YouTubers (RIP runeshark before you got hired by jagex and took down every video where you bashed jagex for being a bad company) A Friend got drafted by the Lithuanian military and posted about his plans to flee the country on his youtube channel:

Noted achievements include playing on his ironman mode account an average of 14 hours a day since October and also being actually entertaining.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Saftey look what we did

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Watching the bot busting stream when suddenly a wild goon appears:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So the moral of the story is even if you think your safe don't afk on HCIM:

Goons reacting:

Pubies PM'ing:

The only thing that really annoys me here is that my Ghost Hunter kept over my C staff (I am cursed to always loose my staff ask AUGSTER.

I cant even disable ironman for 7 days to acess the ge because :jagex:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I tried qbd yesterday on my former ironman account and I've gotta say, even with c staff without augury (never mind ss and the mage curse) it still wasn't that bad, 5:38 a first kill but holy crap anyone who is going to do qbd make completely sure you do the quest because that damage reduction is going to make your life a whole lot easier!

Also I'm not sure if its the damage reduction or normal anti-fire but those flame walls were doing like 1600 a pop as opposed to the 750 on my normal account, I never realized how much of a difference super anti-fires made.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Last week I won a Karils set and a Torags set, this week I won 2 torags sets and another karils....Jagex for real I only want a Dhaorks set this is getting stupid, at least make the sets tradable for other sets or something.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Spergminer posted:

The new quest is good, except for a hosed up quick time event in the middle and then it's good again. Go play it !
You forgot about the poorly designed feelings puzzle that is blatantly broken because of several typos in the only way to solve it they give you! There should at least be a solution out for it by now though.

The rewards are decent as well, 3 lots of choosable 75k exp and a blisterwood sword that automatically burns vyrewatch for you and gives you the loot youd get if you cremated them, though arguably I imagine the boss fight would be stupidly hard if you didn't already have max vyres burned so by the time you unlock it its not so useful.

This of course means vyre lords and ladies in darkmyre are like 4m/h now fully afk but your likely never going to find a spot. Even the normal vyres outside bourg de rott are still 2m/h fully afk now which really isn't bad.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Magres posted:

Is PvP in darkscape one on one or multiway or does it change depending on the area?

I'm guessing it's 1v1 in the towns, if it's not, I'd totally make an account and get like 30 Ranged to go suicide gank people with goons with lovely bows and no armor and just trying to spray enough arrows at people with nice things to kill them before the guards murder us

It's largely all multi but getting skulled in 90% of low risk (ie lumby, draynor, taverly, falador, etc) is a bad idea because its really easy to run into a guard and get killed and there's also a wilderness style level cap that goes all the way up to 20 in burthroupe so you really can kill anyone you see.

Medium risk isn't as bad, there are considerably less people than low risk but there is also no level cap and you can attack anyone you see, guards are only in towns to so losing your skull is fairly easy.

Truthfully there's not much of a difference between medium and high risk, nearly all of the high level resources got moved to the wilderness (yew-elder trees, sharks and other high level fish) but the few times I've been there I've only encountered a few people most of whom were pretty nice.

I got a few people together last night with t60 staves and camped out at the barrows chest killing people after they looted so theres definitely some fun to be had on darkscape.

On the flip-side though quests that were bad before are significantly worse on darkscape because of the transportation restrictions, spirit trees require tree roots to use, fairy rings require mort myre fungi, charter ships cost 40-120k to use per trip, using the gnome glider costs 2 teak planks and a silk.

Monkey Madness because of all of this is horrible, you cant teleport off the island and you almost always have more than 3 items on you so you cant just suicide, you have to walk off the island which for a significant part of the quest is literally impossible, i started it last night and i fully expect it to take most of today if not also part of tomorrow.

Edit: For Monkey Madness you cant even get to crash island without paying the glider fee (2 planks 2 cloth) so holy gently caress is this quest literally the worst....

allta fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 1, 2015

allta
Mar 28, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Along those lines, is there anyone playing with any frequency these days that would want to take over running things? I took over again when Kari stepped down, but I have absolutely zero interest in the game or re-subbing come the new year, and have just been managing the citadel.

I'll do it, I've been meaning to come back from DarkScape anyways and I've seen enough leaders come and go to not run it into the ground.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

I love that you can't promote someone to clan leader without demoting all silvers to bronze first, then demoting yourself to red butthole. :jagex:

Can't wait to see the new clan event: Skulled Wilderness Trek - Chaotic Staff Only

Hey! I've only lost 5 chaotic staves to wilderness that's not that many......... :colbert:

In other clan related news, if anyone ever needs anything and I'm not online, try pming "pizza hinze" and I'll hop onto RS3 instead of darkscape.

I try to periodically log into rs3 but sometimes I just cant do both.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
We need 1 more person to do citadel this week so we can make upkeep! So if you are in the market for some semi-afkable cooking experience (we only need rations) please please please go do some citadel so I don't have to do more citadel on my alt!

On another point of clan news, I've ranked most all of you up to admin, as I've seen you, so now pretty much everyone in the clan should be able to use the avatar which gives a +6% exp boost if you are next to it or a +3% on the same world because people really weren't using them all that much and the exp boost tends to help a lot! So use the avatars!

One last clan note, because it's always been a pain to get people to do the citadel week to week because the incentive really isn't that high, I've decided from the next building tick onward The first 5 people to cap at cit and contribute to upkeep each week will get a bond

This means the first person to do citadel after the tick can get a bond and insane crafting exp at the loom but everyone after them has to chop wood, rations, etc, etc. If that isn't enough incentive to do citadel I'm not sure what is.

I'll likely being doing this on an honor system, but I will periodically check just to make sure so please don't abuse this!

Goon Christmas Presents
Anyways, I've decided I'm giving everyone I see in the next 2 weeks or so a Christmas present, and not a boring generic here is item one, I wanted something with some randomness to it! That said I decided to give everyone the loot from inside of a wishing well bush!

The bushes spew a random loot based roughly around the value you spent on them (based on your total levels) so you can expect your gift to be anywhere from 25%~300% of 600k. Presents are manditory I will find you!

Here is a list of possible rewards. and here are 3 examples of the Manditory Goon Christmas Gifts that I've given out thus far!

Mouse Fitz:

Lapses:

Sveiningos:

Sveiningos kinda got RNG screwed but I mean that's half the fun of christmas I guess!

allta
Mar 28, 2011
After this week I've decided I'm redacting the bonds for capping, if I still owe you one for this week or last week let me know and ill be sure to get it to you! (I haven't forgotten about you Nintendo kid!)

As great a system the bonds are they aren't really sustainable at 5 per week and not really practical to split it up over multiple weeks.

The way I see it the 500k/cap from before wasn't enough of an incentive to do citadel at all, so it ended up dilapidated for a few weeks off and on there, and on the flip side a bond a week is too much of an incentive and too costly from the clan fund perspective unless I became super aggressive with my flips or started staking weekly.

That said I do have a question for you all: What do you think a good incentive would be for the citadel?

I will be on more after tomorrow, I've had a busy few weeks with holidays and I really am sorry I haven't been around as much as I'd like!

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I haven't been able to get runescape to load for me for the past 30ish hours for some reason can anyone check on the citidel for me? I know a few days ago we were still a few contributions off from making upkeep and I want to make sure we dont end up dilapidating this week especially since you're going to need to do some skilling to get parts for invention and I'd really like to have the avatar out for clan mates for that.

Edit: I can only get darkscape to load, I really hope this isn't an issue on Monday still....

allta fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 23, 2016

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I've also had a few people pm me over the years asking if x is talking in chat or if x is a bot or if my clan allows bots, I usually don't reply and get reminded why I have my chat set to friends.

Also whats up with the 2 random people that occasionally join the chat but never respond when I ask if they want an add or whats up? I forget one of their names but one of them is like xroses or something.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
DarkScape is pretty lively for shutting down in a week:

allta
Mar 28, 2011

quote:

I have some very exciting news to share with you this month, starting with a fantastic set of updates all about vampyres which culminates in the finale to the epic Myreque storyline – River of Blood.
For those who need a quick reminder, the Myreque plot started back in 2005 and is the brutal tale of a rag tag bunch of refugees, fighting a desperate battle against the darkness of Morytania. This 7-part chain of harsh horrors has taken us straight into the heart of the Vampyric homeland, and now its grim conclusion awaits those brave enough to stick their neck out amongst those who wish to feast from it.

Morytanian Madness (RuneScape members only)
If you’ve not quite got yourself ready for the Morytanian madness that awaits, we’ve got a month full of vampire-themed content to get the blood pumping, the first of which were calling, In Memory of the Myreque. In it, you’ll be able to build a monument in honour of those fallen friends you’ve lost in the quest series, creating statues for Construction XP which act like a super charged prayer altar, giving bonus prayer points to those that use it.
Players who complete these statues in April will receive even more rewards too, so stake your claim as soon as inhumanly possible!

You’ll also be able search the lands for the Lost Toys – a collection of 13 strange playthings which, when complete, can unlock a new cosmetic reward and earn you some precious columbarium keys. It’s a bit of fun to lift the dark and broody mood that vampyres tend to bring!
Finally, you’ll be able to explore the new ghoulish crypt we’ll be adding, complete with a new, high-level “ravenous ghoul”, which drops a very useful item, linked to the quest finale.
We’ve also graphically reworked Paterdomus – the temple to the far east of Varrock, giving you some great vistas to enjoy the Morytanian swamps. It’s also the focal point for the quest - and what a quest it is…

River of Blood (RuneScape members only)
In River of Blood, the battle-lines are drawn at the River Salve, the armies of Misthalin await a battle the likes of which has not been seen since the times of the first god wars. Leading the vampyre army is Vanescula, the Mistress of Darkmeyer - wielder of a brutal weapon that could end all freedom in Varrock.
It’s a desperate time, with Gielinor on the brink of disaster. Strengthen the magic of the Salve and kit out the Varrock army to face this threat. Only then will your forces be strong enough to defeat this legion of undead and bring an end to this terrifying tale.
We’ve taken the spirit of all the quests before it to give this 5th age saga the ending it deserves, taking you on a journey across Morytania to explore all its hidden secrets and loose ends, including the art of Haemalchemy.
Rewards are suitably amazing, but I won’t spoil that surprise now.

In other news
Elsewhere in RuneScape we’ve got some time-limited events with strange rifts opening to the shadow realm, earning chunky Runecrafting and Summoning XP and unlocking 2 new sets of wings. We’ve got metallic dragon pendants to help you out when slaying these scaly fiends, a vampyre hunter kit that helps you out big time in Morytania, and even some new elegant navigator and kimono outfits on Solomon’s Store.
And finally we’ve saved the best news till last!

New RuneScape Game Client - NXT | Released 18th April! (Free-to-play and RuneScape members)
This month we are proud to bring you – NXT, the latest and greatest RuneScape game client, bringing better game performance than ever before, showing off the RuneScape world in all its glory.
You’ll be able to see even greater distances, enjoy dynamic shadows and beautiful lighting effects, making the world an even better place to spend time in. On the 18th of April the new game client will be available for everyone to download, with full details on how to get it installed. It really is a huge leap forward for your game world, making it look and feel truly beautiful.
To celebrate this fantastic advancement in RuneScape technology you can take part in “Benedict’s World Tour” – a globe-trotting mini-adventure that’s custom-built to take you to Gielinor’s most wondrous sights. There will be plenty of XP lamps to collect, so get stuck in!
You must be using the NXT client to be able to play “Benedict’s World Tour” – so stay tuned for its release on the 18th.
Thanks to everyone who has helped out by sending us bug reports and giving us feedback, we really couldn’t have done it without you.
Have fun!
Wooters Out

Am I the only one who think this month looks really lovely update wise? Like there's a big quest sure, but aside from that there's only the crap leading up to it which sounds like an hour of filler content at best and then the only other update this month is NXT which has been around for a lot of players for months? Don't get me wrong that's going to be pretty cool but come on jagex put out some real updates.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
May BTS
Mega May | Weekend Bonuses | Ports Bonuses
From missing persons and stolen items to menacing foes, you’ll need your wits about you as you piece together clues and help some of RuneScape’s most beloved characters. Meg has started out as a private investigator, and she needs you to tackle the most challenging jobs. With a great mix of comedy, sleuthing and pure madness, it’s a great way to earn some much needed XP and some crazy new rewards, like sock puppets, trench coats and a very strange new pet.
In addition, each weekend in May has some special events going on, focussing on player-owned ports, bosses, minigames and dungeoneering just to name a few. This is the perfect time to work on some of those bigger challenges you’ve set yourselves!
The minigames weekend is a great time to explore our graphically updated Void Knight Outpost too, it really looks special, particularly with the power of NXT behind it.
If you’ve not yet experienced the joys of player-owned ports, running your own fleet of ships and cutthroat crew, the ports weekend is the time to do it, with bonus voyages and rewards on offer. Note – there are also player-owned ports bonuses that will run for the whole month, so the weekend is not the only time to get ahead. Stay tuned for more info next week.

Kindred Spirits – New Quest | Sliske’s Countdown
The investigative skills you learn working with Meg will be very useful to you as you take on this month’s quest – Kindred Spirits. The latest part in Sliske’s Countdown, this quest takes on a more personal note as we reveal some of the fascinating backstory of some of my favourite characters – the Barrows Brothers and Sliske himself. Discover his motives, plans and how he came to capture RuneScape’s most famous siblings. There’s plenty of surprises along the way, not least the long awaited reveal of the Barrows Sister that we spoke about waaay back at RuneFest!
The rewards are cracking – a new Barrows fight is on offer, with new armour and a weapon to earn with a unique set bonus.

Invention Tech Trees
We’re adding 10 new technologies this month to the Invention skill, bringing new goblin and dwarf tech to your workbench, including 2 new explosive cannon variants. With them, we’re bringing some changes to the way that the tech trees work, providing new task-related gameplay within Invention, giving you more focus as you train the skill. Thanks to everyone on the forums who has helped us develop this update, your feedback has made all the difference.

Duel Anywhere
Talking of feedback, the Ninjas are always listening and planning their next move, and this time we're bringing back an old favourite from classic days - the ability for you to have fun duels anywhere you like! There’s no staking, just fun, so get stuck in!
------
I'm not sure if I've just turned cynical because of my old runescape ways or if this BTS is really bad again this month. Don't get me wrong theres definitely some neat stuff in there but for me at least it's not really neat enough to get me to log in other to do clan maintainence and that general stuff. The new quest and new barrows content is going to be neat, some of the weekends might be worth doing, Dueling anywhere is inevitably going to have some bug where you do loose stuff, Invention definitely has a chance but seeing all the other "perks" invention has to offer I'm not going to get my hopes up that this is finally going to make invention worth it.

So what do you guys think about this months BTS?

allta
Mar 28, 2011
New quest came out a few hours ago and one of the rewards is it adds a new barrows sister! She has 160k hp and has a chance to reflect the full damage you hit on her back at you and you cant skip her with barrows amulets. Granted her armor is t80 but that set effect is pretty useless considering 95% of all the rs bosses where you would want to use the armor are immune to reflect...

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Kind of another empty month but hey at least there's an update worth logging in for!

quote:

Behind the Scenes – June 2016
The RuneScape 2017 Survey is now live! Have your say on the updates that will shape the next year.
The ultimate nostalgic quest, Summer Hiscores and a new boss…The Summer of Adventure awaits!
June is the beginning of the huge Summer of Adventure - three months crammed full of amazing content to suit everyone. From skillers to killers, questers to “festers” - it’s a summer bursting with joy! If you’re not a member right now, check out the great Summer Special membership promotion to save yourself some cash and bag the fantastic, new Illumination aura.
So what’s the Summer of Adventure? Well, it’s all about giving you what you want and celebrating the fantastic 15th year of RuneScape with brand new, iconic content. There will be nostalgic nods to the past, explorations of new parts of the game and more embracing of the power of NXT with beautiful additions to our rich, expanding, vibrant world.
Of course, for many of us, it all boils down to XP - so starting in June and lasting for the whole summer, you’ll be able to use the Illumination aura. More powerful than those before it, this beauty grants a 10% XP boost when activated, which jumps to a +100% XP bonus on every fifth activation -double XP for the win!
Whilst using the aura, you’ll take part in our brand new Summer HiScores tables, competing against friends and arch-nemeses alike for “top-dog” status. Everyone starts from zero, so it’s a great chance to show off your RuneScape skills and gains.

Gower Quest – free for everyone!
I mentioned nostalgic and iconic content earlier and there’s nothing more truly RuneScape than the Gower brothers - the guys who first imagined this crazy world. To celebrate their amazing contributions over the years, we’re adding them to the game in June and given them their own quest – one they designed themselves, that showcases everything weird and wacky…especially cabbages.
You see, they’ve taken up residence as “cabbagemancers”, and need your help because their beloved cabbage patch has stopped working. The quest is full of references to RuneScape’s history, forgotten NPC backstories, old school puzzles and a very, very strange way of looking at the way our world works. Requirements are low and it is perfect for absolutely every one of you guys to try out – whether you see yourself as free, old school, classic or modern, you simply have to give it a go.

Telos – New Solo Boss
Also in June we’re introducing our next ferocious boss monster aimed squarely at the solo combat player. Due to your proximity to the raging battle in God Wars Dungeon 2, the perfect defence has awoken – Telos. Noisy neighbours are never a good thing, but this behemoth has a rage unlike any other – a rage that, if allowed, will grow to make him the toughest boss on the planet!
In his early form, players with decent gear, like the shiny new equipment obtained from God Wars Dungeon 2, should be able to take him down, but allowing his rage to grow is the key to unlocking all its greatest rewards, including 3 new high-level weapons and a new ability. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

In Other News | New Tier 90 Augmentable Gear
Elsewhere, our Ninjas have been doing some summer adventuring themselves, exploring tier 90 armours, defenders and a range of other high-level, big hitting equipment, and making them augmentable! Thanks Ninjas!

Solomon’s Store & Treasure Hunter – upcoming stuff!
We’re also releasing the Armour of Seasons – your chance to complete your Seasons gear set with some great looking, themed pieces. You can collect the resources necessary through Firemaking, Woodcutting, Herblore and Farming, and combine the rewards to create the fantastic finished set!
The Gemerator will also appear in Treasure Hunter, allowing you to generate new prizes and some gem-themed outfits, perfect for those who like a bit of razzle dazzle.
Solomon’s also got the perfect adventuring cosmetics for those of you who think there’s a sting in your tail – scorpion outfits await and some fearsome manticore weapon sets, embodying the animal theming for all combatants.

Summer Sweepstakes
And don’t forget - all members over the summer will also earn regular tickets to enter our Summer Sweepstake, where you can earn some awesome prizes – including a trip to Jagex HQ.
The Summer of Adventure awaits!
Have fun, w00ters out.
So yeah literally 2 updates the whole month but on the plus side it seems like were getting tier 95 weapons but they're more than likely going to be 1h. Also, because I know jagex, I'm assuming the boss doesn't have some horrible gimmicky mechanic like arraxor and his(her?) rage meter so it'll be completely inaccessible to mid/low-high level players which I'm fine with but I don't really get why jagex doesn't release a giant mole tier boss every once and awhile, there really isn't much for the mid level crowd.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Note to anyone playing osrs ever, dont ever mention rs3. It causes every pubie in 50 squares of you to freak out because you said you play it and even suggested that its a good game.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

thechosenone posted:

Yoyoyo its ya boy, jimi893! I capped my clan contribution

Did we ever decide on what compensation was going to be for capping? I'm willing to back pay a lot of people but with everyone having avatar access these days it seems like upkeep is a nonissue most weeks

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

ARE YOU NERDS READY FOR RUNESCAPE: IDLE ADVENTURES BECAUSE I'M TINGLING WITH ANTICIPATION

Cheat engine>>>select process>>>Runescape idle adventures>>>enable speed hack for 500 times normal speed, Yup I'm ready.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

are you imnplying that people play those games without cheat engine because i don't believe you

I certainly hope no one who plays an idle game doesn't use cheat engine. I can't honestly imagine playing an idle game without it honestly. Like, it saves you so much time and you don;t end up throwing days/weeks of your life into it (I'm looking at your clicker heros).

That said I fully imagine here is going to be a pretty large segment of pubies who have never played an idle game that wont use cheat engine.

Oh also I'm not expecting much from it because the company developing it for jagex has had adventure capitalist (they're main game) rendered un-completable for the past several months and have constantly said that fixing the problem (so it doesnt take you literally 3+ years without spending 50+ dollars) was not a priority.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Daric posted:

Do we get anything for capping out in the citadel or is it just for our own benefit?

Technically I'm supposed to pay upkeep (and do when I remember/people ask) but that was with the old system where only 4 or 5 people had avatar access, now with everyone having access to it and it's benefits the upkeep system has just sort of been done away with.

I'm not opposed to paying for it, and when I took over as clan leader I opened the discussion about what should be done with it as well as playing around with a few different payment options but ultimately we couldn't really come up with a sustainable system that worked overall.

Really I don't think meeting upkeep (except for last weeks cycle with rations being close to not filled) has been an issue lately since there are so many goons coming in and out of the citadel for the avatars but if anyone can suggest some sort of compensation (or if anyone wants to go back to the old system) I'd be open to re-opening that discussion again!

(really though if you do cap at the citadel and want some gp just catch me in game or post here I play weird hours in game but I'm usually on at least daily when I can be)

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

friends dont let friends play OSRS

Step 1: Log into any OSRS world.
Step 2: Walk to the GE.
Step 3: Type something to the effect that Rs3 is a great game.
Step 4: Watch as every Pubie in a 50 block radius comes to try and defend OSRS as being superior to Rs3 in every way.
Step 5: Have vial handy to collect Pubie tears.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Behind the Scenes July 2016
Port Sarim Invasion
This is an attack that's been building since May's Meg Cases, when you uncovered a plot to pilfer people and take them to the Eastern Lands.
On the 15th of July, these kidnappers will steal a ship off the coast of Port Sarim and send volleys of cannonballs into the town. No pirate, monk or seagull will be safe!

A ship fires its cannons!
Defend the town in an event similar to Invasion of Falador. Fire, fight and fortify to be rewarded with XP plus swathes of cosmetic rewards, like this oar override.

Port Sarim Oar Override
The two-week event will be free-to-play and without any level requirements, so there's every reason to get your whiskers wet. As you've probably noted from these lovely shots, the Invasion brings a graphical rework of Port Sarim. Getting a boat to Entrana has never been so sexy.

Gather a Crew | Miniquest
All of this is leading up to an epic voyage east, and there's no way to do that without a good crew. Pull together a rag-tag band to accompany you on your journey, and earn a unique emote while you're at it.
Build a Ship | Community Event
Next up, it's time to build a ship to the Eastern Lands, and take the fight to the kidnappers. This is a community event in the same vein as The Lost Sword of Raddallin and the God Wars Encampment.
Gain XP in different skills and boost them with golden tools that you gain from Treasure Hunter.
Note that participation in the Build a Ship event is not a requirement for travelling to the Arc

:siren: :siren: Explore the Arc Region :siren: :siren:
Now, the way is clear. It's time to go to the Eastern Lands, and I have the pleasure of announcing that it is coming on the 25th of July.
What excites me most about the Eastern Lands is that this was an update decided by you. You came up with the idea on Runelabs, you voted for it in a Player Power Poll, and you contributed hundreds of ideas. Now, YOU get to explore your creation.
And that's the focus of the Arc region: exploration. Explore billions of possible uncharted islands and find one for you. See what treasure chests, skilling resources or combat encounters are on that island and make a decision: do you want to keep this island forever?
If you do, you can stick a flag in it and its yours. If you don't, then you can move on to the next one.
You will also get to explore three larger islands - not random, but stuffed with things to do.
Waiko is the trade hub and offers some brand new skilling locations. Whale's Maw is a new Hunter and Fishing training area, while Aminishi is a grand temple dedicated to spirit dragons: a slayer monster with a shady secret.
You'll also get four miniquests that will bring an end to the kidnappers that started this all.
Any RuneScape member can make the journey to the Eastern Lands, so make sure you pay a visit.
Chartering a ship to the Uncharted Isles requires resources, however, and to get resources, you will need level 90 in Fishing, Hunter, Slayer or Woodcutting. Make sure you have one of these if you want to claim your island.
This July is just the beginning, as we will travel further into the Eastern Lands in October, with Chapter Two of the Arc.

In Other News Vic the Trader Returns/Flower Outfits
Vic the Trader will be coming back in July, along with the opportunity to trade any unwanted bonus XP for skilling outfits, starfire gear, slayer masks and more.
Meanwhile flower outfits will be kicking off a new fae collection, and you can expect recolourable costumes and a unique teleport.

Really really super excited for the arc region exploration, like more excited than I've been for any update in runescape in quite a long while.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Asking the pubies and a few j mods and doing some general research how I'm pretty sure it's going to work is:

Every runescape member get's access to the 3 pre-fabricated islands and possibly the miniquests for meg's retarded pirate adventure or whatever (I don't give a crap).

On the islands there is going to be 4 high level activities in the Slayer, Hunter, Woodcutting, and Fishing categories (requiring 90).

The island is going to be kind of a start from scratch thing, It's going to have it's own currency that you can make doing things on the island kind of like new Varrock. Also there won;t be a way to buy the eastern island currency with "western gold", possibly with ports goods but that's not confirmed and probably unlikely.

Assuming you have 90 in one of the 4 skills you can gather those resources and sell them for the island currency in order to fund a voyage to one of the billion or so randomly generated islands full of new skilling stuff and supplies/monsters. Presumably there's going to be more stuff on these islands to fund future expeditions and probably some ultra rare resources if I know jagex. You can also place a flag and make an island your home if you find one with a resources you like or whatever.

Either way it sounds really amazing to me, so goons get to afking ivy so you aren't stuck with meg's retarded pirate adventures at the end of the month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allta
Mar 28, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't have any of those 90s :emo:

Should I detour to turn my dragon hatchet into a crystal before I would start that grind?

If you can handle the harmonic dust grind then it could be worth it.

Although if you haven't unlocked ports yet 90 fishing could potentially be better since ports unlocks a ton of high level content, it's just that fishing is marginally less afk since you occasionally need to spam the ability bar to drop more fish. I only really suggested woodcutting because it's the most afk/easiest 90 on the list.

Either way though you have something like another 24 days so that's lots of time to grind and it sounds like the ship building community even t in port Sarim is going to give some exp in the skills needed so that should also alleviate a bit of the grind!