Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I do kind of feel like the QBD guide is a bit unnecessary and makes the OP longer than it should be. Not that it isn't valuable advice, but it probably wouldn't be too useful to someone reading the thread for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Oh poo poo that's tomorrow? Can't wait to idle in elf city now that there's even more to do! :dance:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUhzC9RAs8

The long awaited treasure trails expansion comes out next week!

New features include:
- The ability to obtain items that let you skip puzzle clues (knots, puzzle boxes and costume clues can be skipped)
- New rewards, seems to be mostly cosmetic
- The ability to reroll rewards, earned be completing 3 clue scrolls of that level (completing three easy clue scrolls = 1 easy reroll that can't be used on other difficulties)

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

grats on the tele scrolls tho

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niiltzvik08

New intermediate quest incoming, dealing with the elder gods.

Requirements:
35 Magic
25 Runecrafting
Carnillean Rising
Rune Memories

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

We will snap the pizzarchy into two, and burn all that remains until nothing is left. From these ashes, we will rebuild a new legacy.

A better legacy.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

As of right now it's $7.95 a month. If you're ever interested in subscribing it'd be best to do it sooner rather than later, because you'll continue paying $7.95 after the price hike as long as you subscribe before it and keep it unbroken for no more than 14 days. We don't know what the new price will be, but the FAQ says that "it will remain competitive when compared to other MMOs." I can only take this to mean it will be somewhere in the realm of $12-15 a month.

Bonds are items purchased from other players who've bought them with real money, and can be redeemed for two weeks of membership (among other things that aren't really worth the price of admission). These currently cost ~8 million coins and the price constantly fluctuates, which means you can only reliably use them as a source of membership if you can make that much every two weeks.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Another thing to note is that the price of bonds is also set to increase with the higher subscription costs. This would logically mean that the value in gp will go up, so if you're looking to stock up now's a good time to buy.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I think it's a replacement for Stupid Newbie/Forum Babby. No idea why.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Behind the Scenes out for December, some alright looking stuff I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODiQZAsF02M

Highlights:
-Elf Lands task set, with an ammo slot item as a reward. Hope you're ready for more temple of light :getin:
-More bosses for the Dominion Tower, as well as a new multiplayer game mode
-Return of the Premier Club
-Festive Aura, plus themed weekends with additional benefits
--Skiller Weekend - Bonuses while training skills, such as additional chance to get enriched memories in divination
--Minigame weekend - Double rewards for Castle Wars and Pest Control, plus more voyages per day for ports
--Dungeoneering Weekend - Additional experience for Dungeoneering and cheaper rewards
--Boss and Slayer weekend - Double drops on a lot of bosses, plus additional slayer experience
-Three week long Christmas event, with a new part of it releasing every week.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If Twitch Plays Pokemon wasn't tedious enough for you, now you can bore yourself to death watching Twitch Plays 07Scape.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

joachim783 posted:

I'm posting this because it will annoy pizza lady :D

are those elemental bars

jesus

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

If you need disgustingly awful pubbie chat material, look no further than Zezima's.

if someone built a chat simulator and tuned it to read like an mmo chatlog, this is what it would look like

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Don't pay for protection. Save money for prayer, a skill that's actually useful.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

Good advice from Simsmagic the Sonic Loving Tumblr Nerd.

hey lady it's my birthday today that means you have to be nice to me

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The christmas cracker in lumbridge crater was pulled, you have approximately 30-20 minutes from this post to go claim your free joke!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

This game is beautiful.

Surprisingly doesn't look any better with high-detail textures.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pina Coladas posted:

Really wanted the buddy pet and was disappointed to get this silly looking thing,

but apparently it is worth a few bob
It's worthless. Give it to me, I'll dispose of it properly for you.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

New Dragonstone poll up, choosing between two potential new quests.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Saw this gentleman while grouping for goon dung

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If you thought my laptop's ui was bad, wait till you see my desktop

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

That's pretty cool

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

He seems like a nice fellow.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

jon joe posted:

What do you mean?

Jagex releases updates occasionally that speed up, streamline, or otherwise improve the training of a bad skill (see Bonfires, Runespan, Prif Agility Course). But some very vocal pubbies interpret this as cheapening the challenge of getting max level, and making their 99 worthless because "I shoveled through this poo poo the hard way, by god so should everyone else." If Jagex releases an update that makes Ironman mode easier or otherwise less of a hassle to do things (such as letting them partake in Bonus XP Weekends), the sanctity of Ironman mode will be ruined forever because it isn't a complete pain in the rear end way to play the game.

From the old OP:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Big ol' wall of text from Jagex regarding their plans for 2015.

quote:

Our 2015 Manifesto

While we’ve got a shedload to reveal for the coming year, we’re not going to be revealing everything right now. That would be missing the point – this year is about RuneLabs and the ideas created by YOU! It’s awesome to think that we can’t even predict what the stand-out highlights of the year will be!

Regardless, there’s plenty to look forward to in 2015, as we embrace everything that makes RuneScape unique, and build on the tremendous start that Player Power and the 6th Age has given us. If you want a glimpse of what will be dazzling you in the New Year, read on…

Player Power - RuneLabs

RuneLabs gives you the power to shape the world. It goes far beyond deciding what we make – the updates from RuneLabs will be conceived and suggested by you. We will then take those ideas and shape them into something that slots perfectly into RuneScape. Your suggestions could be anything: a skill rework, a new quest or a plan for Inventor. To be honest, we’re looking forward to things that we hadn’t even considered! We’re planning for one update per month to be grabbed from RuneLabs, although you won’t start seeing the fruits of that labour until the Summer. That isn’t even counting the many polls we’ll be releasing on non-RuneLabs updates. We really can’t wait for the amazing potential of RuneLabs to be realised when it opens for ideas in January. You can be sure that next year will be a fantastic cocktail of your best ideas mixed with the best of ours!

World Events

Tuska, the World Devourer, has set her sights on Gielinor, having left a series of half-eaten planets in her wake. While previous world events have been centred around god-vs-god battles, the threat of Tuska forces all of Gielinor’s inhabitants to work together to defeat one single menace! This is a battle that could be won or lost by either side, throwing all players into the mix, irrelevant of level or skill preferences, with many different and unique ways to contribute to the fight.

Skills

After the success of the Elf City, we’re keen to focus a bit more on skilling in the wider world and adding more motivations to level up. In particular, we’d like to offer more reasons to train through levels 60-80. We are also targeting some of the more neglected skills, like Farming and Construction. Expect to nurture your own livestock, and build brand new rooms in your POH – both of which will be determined by Player Polls. Our biggest skill updates will be determined by you later in the year so, right now, we are keeping our options open – anything is possible!

Combat

There will be plenty of new creatures slamming their way onto your screen in 2015, including several boss monsters that work in tandem with the world event, inspired by the brutality of Tuska. Their strengths and weaknesses will be influenced by the event and appropriate for a range of player levels. There’s also some brand-new tactics in the pipeline, incorporating more of RuneScape’s unique style of gameplay to aid you in each battle. There will be a large range of combat targets on offer including new groups of high-level training mobs, and a few bosses that will push even the greatest of warriors to their limits, making Araxxor and Vorago look like lvl-3 chickens.

Quests

There’s only a few months to wait for our 200th quest, Dimension of Disaster. In 2015 we want to celebrate this epic milestone by showcasing everything that makes our quests unique. Serious tones, comical farce and wacky indulgence will all play a part in this journey into another world – a parallel universe where you, the hero, never existed and the bad guys won.

The 6th Age moves forward with the Zamorak Heist – inspired by films like Oceans Eleven and events like the Great Train Robbery - where a crack team of Zamorak’s finest plan to steal back the Stone of Jas. It’s a prize worth risking everything for, although those draped in shadows will not give it up easily.

As we have always said, storylines from the 5th Age are unfinished business and by no means forgotten. We need your votes to decide which storyline gets the treatment it deserves next in the current poll – Vampyres or Floor 61. Regardless of who wins, it will be an epic adventure in 2015. And, there’s no doubt that RuneLabs will throw more amazing quests into the mix later this year.

Community Development

Our newest development team is seeking to emulate the impact of the Ninja team, making a significant difference to your everyday gaming experience in 2015. We want to support the fantastic RuneScape community in new and exciting ways, giving you the tools to have fun and bringing you closer to RuneScape development. We’ve already started with ‘RS TV’, our weekly Twitch stream, but that’s really only the beginning! We want to make more community champions, helping you to become the stars that we know you are.

Ninja and more core game improvements

2014 saw the rise of the Ninjas, who spearheaded improvements to the game, and removed frustrations that get in the way of a gaming session. We’re not about to go and change that, so you can be sure that 2015 will continue in the same vein. Expect juicy patches like a Legacy-style interface for other combat styles, fewer infuriations and clicks when looting items, and a worthwhile use for shops in RuneScape.

Of course, that’s just a taste of the amazing things we have planned for 2015. There’s a whole lot more that we will poll later in the year. The polls, and the potential of RuneLabs, will really change the way we plan our content, allowing us to be more flexible and react to things you want, more so than ever before. RuneScape is a game for everyone and, while the above should give you a good idea of what we have planned, there’s still plenty more to come!

Mod Mark

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Mr. Showtime posted:

Just finished cleaning out and organizing my bank, guys! What do you think?

I've seen worse

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm a fan of the three songs that play during Fish Flingers. They're all pretty upbeat and pleasant to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iOOnI2Hw64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HbnpDfLp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07f6Bq2BapA

I like most of the songs in this game, even the midis.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

jesus christ that's awful

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Finally, I can make my suggestion to make the Troubadour Dance a resting animation heard by all.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

No, you wear pink and blue skirts and use the retribution or redemption prayer to show hate/support for whatever pubbies are rioting for this week..

Runescape riots are loving stupid.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I need everyone to support my idea on RuneLabs, please. It's very important for the long-term health of the game and clan as a whole.

edit: oh, supporting isn't even enabled yet. what's even the point

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Umm excuse me troubadour resting is literally going to be the only good idea to come out of this stupid thing

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

trick question, all pubbies are weeaboos

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

hello friends

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

i'd be surprised that his icon isn't a unicorn but it's probably a Doctor Who reference which isn't much better.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If we work out enough, we could all be Flex.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Augster posted:

eeeeyyyyy

Only halfway to 200m :toot:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Wow, that sounds great. Too bad it has a poo poo ton of quest requirements to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Some dumb idiot posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/forums.ws?16,17,324,65568632

Oh hey, they're finally making Death be a actual vague concern rather than a mild inconvenience.

This is interesting actually, just yesterday I was fighting iowerth elves and ended up dying because revolution used a multi-target ability and I got destroyed by three at once. I spawned like 5 feet away from my gravestone and lost absolutely nothing from it, cheapening the experience.

I'm okay with this potential update.