Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

The medival fantasy game you once knew

That's "medieval." :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Quoting myself for the new thread at Hinze's request:

Augster posted:

Howdy all, thought I'd share some info about the new preferred Slayer task system.

First of all check this out from the official RS wiki. What to note is the weighting system for each task a master can assign, explained thusly:

quote:

Slayer assignments work from a weighting system - each Slayer target has as specific weighting for that Slayer master. To estimate your percentage chance of obtaining a slayer task, you can add up the weightings for targets you can be assigned from the tables above (So don't add any NPCs you have blocked or don't have the requirements for).

When you have the total number, the percentage chance you can get assigned it is: (NPC's weighting / your total) x 100.

Therefore, tasks you don't like that have a high weighting are better to block, while those you hate with a low rating are better to simply skip. Likewise, those with a low weighting that you enjoy/are great xp are better to prefer, while a good task with a high weighting (such as airuts) can be left alone (unless you want them always extended). Preferring a task will also automatically extend it. I believe an extended task is 20% more than what you'd get normally.

For how preferring works, think of the tasks a master can assign as a drop table. The task is rolled when you ask for a task, and if the task isn't a preferred one it rolls again and if that one's preferred, you'll get it. If not, you'll get the original one. It's like an invisible slayer VIP ticket except you don't get to choose for yourself.

My current block/prefer list for Morvran. Will probably change in the next few days depending on how great edimmu are.

Augster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 10, 2014

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Soulhunter posted:

i can't wait for dickeoneering!!!

You're welcome.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

joachim783 posted:

apparently according to their stream the repair cost will be the same as what it takes to make the armour so it seems pretty useless.

It's essentially the same as it is now: dyed sets will be repairable using the materials (tectonic energy/sirenic scales/malevolent energies); the reason it doesn't degrade to dust is just so you don't accidentally lose your billions of gp worth of rare dye.

With normal level 90 armor, you have to use two partially-degraded sets on each other to combine their charges to prevent it from degrading to dust. E.g. use it down to 5% then buy a new set and use it down to 94%, combine them to get one 99% charged set.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

The first Hardcore Ironman to reach level 99 agility committed suicide soon after his achievement:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Hello, thread!

How are pubbies reacting to the new player examines?

A special challenge to Pizza Lady:

????

żżżż

And :911:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Oh Kari....

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Magres posted:

lol drama in barbass

What is barbass drama more comparable to, warbands or dungeoneering? We should make a graph.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

Augster has finally been dethroned by someone other than frag. :cmon:

You can really tell how enthusiastic I am about re-comping.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Jesus is a nerd

RS is educational

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Magres posted:

It doesn't shift anymore, or none of my autoclicking would work

E: anyone have any idea what their turnaround time on banning people is? Just trying to figure out when I'm in the clear

They ban people in abrupt waves so botters don't know exactly what caused them to be caught

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

It's what I had when I was doing non-stop dungeoneering and it just stuck

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

Top 20 Slayers

I've really slacked off since elf city batch 2 and the task set release though.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

New Ports update! Time to repost this handy dandy calculator! http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/pop_voyage.htm

And now, stealing from the HLF, here's how to do the new Clue Voyages, because jagex didn't explain them!

quote:

A new mission is a "clue" voyage, which works like story voyages. Finish the set and you unlock rewards, like random resources every day (Exile) or scrimshaws or t85 darts or an outfit (Tengu) or removing bad traits from captain (Memory). The others just give effects (Whaler, Trapper, Chef).
If you do them wrong, you have a 75% chance to fail and waste the mission.

How to Do

One Upgrade Totem Spot is the Map table. It highlights certain eastern islands when you investigate, in different ports regions.

The Map table

Investigate example 1

IInvestigate example 2

While your clue voyage adventurer is in the port (You cannot edit destination after sending them off), you can focus a destination for them.

In the bar

Choose the one from above then send away your magical mission.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster posted:

New Ports update! Time to repost this handy dandy calculator! http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/pop_voyage.htm

And now, stealing from the HLF, here's how to do the new Clue Voyages, because jagex didn't explain them!

An update to this Clue Voyage info: you can only get the island hint from the map table every day if you have 4 map tables built. Otherwise it's one clue per 2/3/4 days. Which kinda sucks. A couple early tests indicate that it is possible to have the same island today as it was yesterday, so maybe get out that Notepad if you don't want to use 4 tables.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

UI changeup inspired by Dear Reader. Too bad the loving NHS or w/e is completely poo poo so every time I log in and out, it thrusts the ability box right into the middle of the screen so I can't even use this setup without fixing it every drat time.

Try this UI setup used by pro-runescaper Crashbot, from the Record Boss Times thread on HLF:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

Also:

What's even the point then Jagex.

You have to watch a cutscene to begin and end story missions, which means you gotta be in the port to sit in your chair!

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Decent slayer task.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

eeeeyyyyy

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Every one of those things posted makes me wonder just what the gently caress kind of game is the Sims.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Kree'arra tasks (aviansie) take about 30 minutes to complete

:toot: and 2.2m xp til 120 slayer :toot:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

YO I'll be getting 120 Slayer sometime tomorrow afternoon (eastern time) so if you're around come to Kuradal if you can so we can all do seizure-inducing chat effects and watch big fireworks!

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

This is still the Runescape thread right?

So here's my loot from the last ~16m xp to supreme slayer mastery:

Sold most of it for a cool 173m. Then I tried my luck with all the crystal keys I had:

That would be about 23.4m if I just sold them, but I wanted a chance at that sweet dragonstone armor so I tried my luck at the chest:

...it came out to about 18.3m. Oh well. I still have 9 triskelions that I'll do later.

So about how much total money did I make? When I started, I only had about 120m and level 80 weapons, and now I have all 90s. Drygores cost me about 100m, then ascensions were 180m each, and finally noxious staff I paid 250m for. Add at all up and comes out to a total of about 883m. :toot:

1447 tasks. 13052 slayer points. 1 cape with particools.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

nerd with a nice cape :colbert:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Post-120 slayer fun: I turned most of my points into runes

Magres posted:

Augs, what tasks do you block/prefer, and for what reasons? I just want to afk the day away and figured I'd pick your brain for advice, all the block/prefer discussion I've ever seen is for best xp/hour, not best xp/effort.

Like, for example, I'm really considering blocking Airuts because, while they're good xp and gp, it's way too much effort to disrupt their ragemode

I made a post here about prefer, skip, and block. All of my blocks are things that are boring, low xp, and weak loot. My prefers are fun (except elves), good xp, and good loot. If you really want to afk and miss out on airuts, just block them. Their weighting is high enough that you'll be spending points too often to skip them every time.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Loot from my 9 triskelions and their elite clues, teleport scrolls not shown:

About 5.5m or so.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

SO YOU WANNA WORK OUT, GET FIT? HERE'S HOW

RESULTS GUARANTEED WITHIN TWO WEEKS OR YOUR GP BACK

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

e: :hf: flex

Just a reminder to everyone that if you have Arsenes on your friends list and the hijacker is online, don't loving talk to him. He's just an annoying baby who whines about harassment and becomes more likely to do things that could jeopardize the account completely.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Hooray for Mod Kelpie, never going on the clan ban list!

In other news, my efforts in the clue scrolls seasonal hiscore have finally paid off:

Augster fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 18, 2015

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Who is/was "All Winners" here on SA? Looks like they have been hijacked:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

efb

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Just noticed this

Themata posted:

e: Requested by Dread Queen:

When socks aren't enough

Rude.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Clue-specific loot from 142 clue scrolls, mostly easies but several hards and elites:

Not shown: 41 purple sweets, 32 god biscuits, teleport scrolls. I put what I could into my costume room and now I'm in the sad process of selling the rest. So much of it is going for 1000 or just 100 coins :smith:

But I got rank 9 in the seasonal and a title out of it so that's cool

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:sigh: Doubt I'll ever be able to get this.

Or you could shell out a few thousand loyalty points

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I read the first book a long time ago, if I recall correctly it had north/south/east/west mixed up around Falador. Typical noob mistake.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

kemikalkadet posted:

as someone that only logs in for a daily dg floor and vaguely follows storylines, i sure was confused at vorago being in that log-in cutscene. Is he like the god of the godless now or something?

No, if you go talk to Scopulus he says his only allegiance is to the earth, and he was only fighting with the Godless out of necessity.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Now that I can put cool sparkles all over my skills, it's time to get sockin' again

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I picked sparkles for 120s and a skull for 200mils, to remind me that if that ever happens I deserve death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I'll clear the dust and spiderwebs from my capes soon enough...