Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

This is the secondmost powerful OP I have ever seen, christ.

Mods, please replace the thread tag with the tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

I kinda wanna buy a bunch of those membership cards, but I also wanna get premier club this year for the big package of loyalty it'll give...

Ah, but they will stack. Any membership you buy will stay on your account even if you have the premier club. So you can get premier club in december, buy cards in january and they'll added on top of your current membership (the premier club).

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

-Return of the Premier Club

Is there a complete list of on-purchase rewards yet?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

joachim783 posted:

I'm posting this because it will annoy pizza lady :D

7 elemental bars, 4 whiteberries, 2 scrimshaw of gemfinding, a royal dragonhide and everything in your inventory.

What did you dooooooooo

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 1, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

New human models already? I mean they'll be rolled out at 2020 or so, but still.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

My Prayer level is 99.

:smaug:

Actually, my plan is to switch to Yews and Papayas because A) they're about 30% better gp/xp ratio and B) it's much less of a loss if I miss a diseased one and it dies, so I'm more able to make myself take the long view of things and accept that sometimes I'll just have bad days. With Yews and Papayas and my Elder Tree and a Calquat Tree (I actually protect my Calquat because it's inexpensive enough that I value the extra XP I get over the inefficiency in GP) I can hit 100k XP a day and still burn my whole festive aura.

Really it was that it was the first damned time I've planted anything in months and it immediately all started dying on me like crazy. My second batch of trees had one get diseased between the 12 of them, and happily I was there to cure it :buddy:

You can get 40 free pineapples from Dell Monty in Brimhaven every day, that's 4 free papaya tree payments.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

widespread posted:

So as a free player, I think I'll just raise my Smithing via track making since batch track making seems like a nice way to raise it. Also, how far can I go with Farming before the members stuff kicks in? Because it says I can grow potatoes right now.

You can train all members skills, sans Construction, to level 5 in F2P. If you go to Burthope there's a tiny farming patch next to a guy who gives 3 potato seeds for free and has a stock of 10 for sale.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:frogsiren: The Police. :frogsiren:

That aside, did they change the achievement banner? How?

You can mute it by ignoring the owner.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Meydey posted:

Biggest loss was my Talisman collection. I had over 4000 or so water talismans and something like 10000 air talismans,

4000*10,329=41,316,000

That's a lot of cash.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

For my pog boyfriend, here's your robbery~

http://kotaku.com/5933941/fake-gun-fake-currency-real-jail-time-figure-in-alleged-runescape-robbery

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

The other Ginkers brother.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Alternate universe ending.

Canon ending :colbert:

Merry Christmas and a happy New Years, I hope Jagex will give you something good in your daily Treasure Hunter key and don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one - along with all the other amazing content that membership brings!
I got a lucky armadyl godsword, cashout 3,5m

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor9GzivGbk

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

Big ol' wall of text from Jagex regarding their plans for 2015.

Holy poo poo it's absolutely nothing, except revealing the name of quest #200.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

Behind the Scenes - January 2015

Happy New Year! Ports expansions, boss pets and the return of Hati and Sköll await!
Boss Pets

26 tiny versions of some of the game’s most fearsome creatures? Yes please! It’s the single biggest launch of pets we’ve ever made outside of the Summoning skill launch, but these bad boys and girls are far more exclusive than normal.

Each one is rare drop, obtainable by killing their larger, more dangerous counterparts around the game. There’s a huge range available, including a mini Nex and Araxxi and a fantastic-looking tiny QBD. Keep your eyes open for a few surprises too, sneaking in from the quack… I mean back.

This is another great project built on your feedback and ideas, from the forums and via our dev blog. If you’d like to see them in action, check out the RSTV ninja episode back in December.

The Ninja Team have also been trawling the forums, social pages, and more to find out what’s been bugging you before fixing your main gripes.
Elemental and Rare Drop Table Rework

We’ve also got a drop table rework planned, this time featuring elementals and the rare drop table, which is linked to hundreds of creatures around the game.

Lots of the old, weirder drops will be removed, replaced with far more useful items like bones, bars, uncut gems and potions. Creatures affected include jellies, dust devils and waterfiends.
Hati and Sköll

The wolf pack is back, plaguing the Fremennik tribes once again with pointed teeth and blood-curdling howls. They will only be here for a few weeks in January, so make sure you hunt them down, and retrieve Eir’s spear and helmet in the process.

Large amounts of XP in a wide range of skills await, plus some pretty cool cosmetic items, if you didn't pick them up previously.
Ports update – Guardians of the World

Our main update this month is a huge expansion to the Player-Owned Ports, determined by you in the hotly contested polls last year. Agility, Dungeoneering and Divination will be the dedicated skills, so you’ll need level 90 in one or more of those skills to take part.

Perhaps the best part of the update though is the ability to send voyages out without actually needing to return to your port, making it really easy to engage with ports whilst getting on with ‘Scapin’. There’s a bunch of other smaller improvements too that'll really float your boat!

We’re introducing 3 crazy new adventurers – a mask possessing an eyeless man, a girl made entirely of divination energy and an exiled gorajo weighed down by guilt, each with unique voyages and links to the strange sea monsters that swim the eastern seas.

New equipment available includes level 85 dual-wielding weapons: a katana and wakizashi for melee, and a seasinger wand and orb for magic. There are brand new scrimshaws too, focused around fishing.

We are also introducing new “clue voyages”, which give cryptic pointers to hidden islands. Once found, these can be regularly visited for stat boosts, captain’s trait removal and the chance to find Tengu cosmetic gear.

Plus, you’ll also gain access to even more building upgrades for the port itself, which look really awesome AND can change your success chances on voyages.
Solomon's Store

Keen to keep up with seasonal trends, Solomon’s got a huge January sale planned, clearing out lots of room for his 2015 range.

There’ll be plenty of bargains to pick up and it'll be your last chance to obtain some of his older offerings, as he will be removing them from his shop in February.

The first part of his brand new range is the “Warm Winter Outfit”, designed to help keep away nasty frosty chills.
Coming Soon – RuneLabs!

Finally, don’t forget that we will be launching RuneLabs early this year: our great new way to take Player Power to the next level.

You’ll submit ideas via a brand new system, and those that get enough support from your fellow players will be reviewed by us and then - potentially - turned into content in the game!

Start thinking now and when the system goes live you’ll be ready to blow everyone away with your awesome ideas. We know that you’ve got concepts even better than ours and we can’t wait to hear all about them.

Have fun!

Mod Mark

RuneScape Design Director

It's alright, at least boss pets are coming out now. :v:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Here's the other easy way to do wave 36 in Kiln, without using an invincibility crystal. Stand on the north side of the middle rock and wait for them to close in like this. Then go one step to the east and kill one Jad like you killed all the others, and then kill the other one.

I think wave 35 is much harder because the Jad there spawns in different place and always catches me off guard.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron

HC = Hardcore
Fe = Ferrum, Iron
Male= Man

HC FeMale = Hardcore Ironman :science:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Either way, it's such a perfect song for your first time fighting the Queen and you're freaking out about winning against a beast taller than VonSchneider.

'
what the gently caress

Counterpoint: Release version of High Spirits, the case for returning to .midi music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmTgfFDIC0

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

"Stellar" is overstating it when you look at stuff like RotM or WGS, but they're decent in general comparison to most MMO quests.

What. Ritual of the Mahjarrat and While Guthix Sleeps are the best quests to come out in years, are you high or something?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

simosimo posted:

What's the best AFK skill for grinding out *sweet coinz* goons in current RS3?

Bossing, haha.

Seriously, I guess it's cutting magic logs in elf city or fishing rocktails right now. Gathering high level raw materials is always good cash.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

LemonyTang posted:

Couldn't stop laughing at 'The Dragonkin's Den' BTS. Jagex are too British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rmXv1q4ww

5:09 lmao, that is a defeated man.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

I was exploring youtube, and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pK4xwHOV0

All I can say is... huh, that's an actual comment from the official Runescape channel, I'm simultaneously amazed and yet not surprised (somehow) that that happened.

There was a period where the guy behind the RS youtube account would like and comment everything slightly related to RS, I saw them on a Sonny Moore video a few years ago. It was called Turmoil :v:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

So I'm pretty burned out on RS3, as made apparent to me by the fact that I can barely motivate myself to stay logged on and I'm playing OSRS again. :v: It's all the little things that Jagex never fixes like the insane startup lag, not recomping lost items that are their fault, endless waves of bugs, etc. etc. basically Jagex being :jagex:

Yeah, the current instability of the servers is basically turning me into a fishing/kilning zombie at this point, because :siren:WHAT IF YOU GET DCED AT GRAARDOR AND LOSE 20M AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:siren:

My one true wish for 2015 is that they'll fix the music player, so it'll stop taking 15 minute breaks between each autoplayed track.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

simosimo posted:

My dungeoneering level is 1, is this bad?

You should do a handful of solo floors to unlock complexity 6, C6 dungeons have no exp penalty.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Instead of Sims idiotic ninja fix, support my grand vision for the future of the game, a new skill where you can go to the Eastern Lands and get exp with Divinations

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/membership-price-changes---1st-march-2015?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

quote:

:siren:Membership Price Changes - 1st March 2015:pcgaming:

In November, we announced that we would be increasing the price of membership for new members and those who've been unsubscribed for more than 14 days.

Today, we can confirm that this will come into effect on the 1st of March 2015. You can find the new pricing below:
US, UK, EU, AU and CA membership prices

The price of Bonds will also increase:
US, UK, EU, AU and CA Bond prices

Once the price rises, each Bond will be redeemable for 14 days of membership, 195 RuneCoins or 15 Treasure Hunter Keys. The price rise will not affect the RuneCoin cost of Solomon’s Store items.

$9.49 and €8,49 for a month. 6$ for a bond, RIP 7 mil bonds, I should've bought more than two.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

A few things: If you're high level keep Darklight for tormented demons, Korasi's sword, Blisterwood staff/scythe, basically keep all quest items you can use to efficiently kill enemies.
- Jewellery with 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, whatever charges can be noted and given to Murky Matt the pirate at the Grand Exchange. He'll decant them all into the highest charge, so for a 3 and two 6 charge games necklaces you'll get a full 8 charge and a 7 charge necklace.
-:siren:DON'T DESTROY DIANGO ITEMS WITH CHARGES IN THEM:siren: Do not waste your 100*50000 GP or lose out on 10k prayer bxp because you forgot to decharge a treasure hunter thingy. Check 'em before you wreck 'em.
-If you have done all quests, throw your ropes away. Keep a spade (at least in the tool leprechaun, because Jagex still hasn't fixed the glitch where you NEED to use an item spade to get a fruit tree seed back with a Scroll of Life.
-Don't keep one of each div energy in your bank unless you're powertraining, you dorks.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Did some dominion tower. That's my progress from today - also unlocked dominion sword and cbow. Got a sword as a drop too, looks really fly.

Gonna try for all gloves. What's better for grinding out 500 kills, climber, endurance or something else?

(also i'd be down for attempting rumble mode with goons)

Climber. You get to use all your poo poo so you'll rack up kills faster, and if you get some kind of horseshit boss you have beaten already (nomad, pest queen, sigmund??) you just exit and restart from round 1.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Answers:

1. Pubbie
2. Pubbie
3. Pubbie
4. Pubbie
5. Pubbie
6. Pubbie
7. Pubbie
8. Pubbie
9. Pubbie
10. Pubbie
11. Pubbie
12. Pubbie
13. Pubbie
14. Pubbie
15. Pubbie
16. Pubbie
17. Pubbie
18. Pubbie
19. Pubbie
20. Pubbie
21. Pubbie
22. Pubbie
23. Pubbie
24. Pubbie
25. Pubbie
26. Pubbie
27. Pubbie
28. Pubbie
29. Pubbie
30. Pubbie
31. Pubbie
32. Pubbie
33. Pubbie
34. Pubbie
35. Pubbie
36. Pubbie
37. Pubbie
38. Pubbie
39. Pubbie
40. Pubbie
41. Pubbie
42. Pubbie
43. Weabo
44. Pubbie
45. Pubbie
46. Pubbie
47. Pubbie

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

summary of the tuska stream. This is ALL the tuska info released, stopped watching when they started talking about boss practice mode and demon flash mobs

tuska_beast_master.jpg

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

dont believe their lies

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 27, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Mursupitsku posted:

I've become increasingly interested in starting to play OSRS again with f2p and bonds on the way. Whats different there compared to how it was at the start of the 07 version? Also what what bot is it worth to learn to script for nowadays?

There's a bunch of 07 exclusive content now and they upped their botwatch for 07 at some point.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Looks good, I added it to the guide doc, and finally added a way to quick search them all as well.

Meanwhile in Jagexland, where bugs turn into features (see south facing camera bullshit), what happens when the bugs for a game are more severe? How does Jagex handle making that into a feature?

Why, by completely shutting the game down forever, of course!

"We don't know how to fix it, so why loving bother. We're shutting this poo poo down and giving you Runescape membership or Treasure Hunter keys. Well, unless you stocked up on it beforehand for a game that came out in 2010, in which case, ../., Have fun!"

I love this terrible company and after a strong 2014, 2015 is shaping up to be the most :jagex: year yet.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pina Coladas posted:

Just out of interest for now, but we know that Jagex are working on both Raids and a Mini-game Spotlight System.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

So here are the answers for the contest no one cared about :

If you went with the idea that the ones that look like loving assholes were pubbies, you would've gotten them mostly right! Notice how it's always the pubbies who are edgy enough to flip the bird.

Two people entered:
Pizza Meow - 27/47
Dear Reader - 23/47

So I'll split the prize 55/45. Pizza Meow gets 11m and Dear Reader gets 9m. You guys basically got free money!

e: Bonus

What the gently caress, you didn't even count my entry in. I KNEW that the halberd guy was a weeaboe, an obvious trick.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

:spergin: time, because Mahjarrat Memories is incredibly lazy and lovely content.

Oh the other hand:

rs wiki posted:

An Engrammeter that Kharshai states could be useful in Freneskae when charged.
15 lore books
A total of 375,000 Divination experience.
150,000 bonus experience in Divination.

2 Titles
Pontifex [Name]
Legatus [Name]
A Tiny Lucien pet.
Dr Nabanik's old :siren:trilby cosmetic override.:siren:

M'pizza

edit: News from Jagex HQ

Patch Notes 09/02 posted:

The insane 'Final Boss' title can now be unlocked by having a total of 5,000 boss kills with at least 100 kills on each boss, including hard mode and by having all boss pets unlocked (includes Vitalis, Bombi, Barrows bobbleheads and TzRek-Jad).

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 9, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

How long till lucky siesmics?

Also this

Valentines or the 28th where Sof is celebrating three years of wonderful garbage to the masses.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

I was doing surveys for keys and came across the most inclusive survey ever.

Two-Spirited? :wtc:

At least I got 9 keys out of it.

The chart is even bigger on the website. :wtf:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6uz1q2xgfs

Have you ever wished to be a knight
Or the master of a magical ceremony
Do you think you have courage and pride
Survive defeat and you live endlessly

Runescape gives you everything that you need
Every day live you can escape