Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Do you hate Divnation? Yes?! Wanna train the games shittiest Mod Mark Special™ skill with minimum effort? Yeah?!?! THEN READ ON NERD!

Guthixian Caches are a DND that happen every 3 hours. You can do two a day maximum and it only takes 10 minutes to do, yet will give you a nice care-package of EXP based on your level. At level 75, you'll get 30k xp. At level 85, its 50k. At 99, its 73k PLUS a sweet rear end bonus to your training for 20 minutes that i'll talk about later.

"Tell me what do do because looking up the wikis guide takes :effort: you say." Well good for you, I'm gonna tell you.

When the Cache is schedule to start go to the highest level divination training spot you can. While waiting for it to spawn, gather memories so you dont waste any precious XP. You'll know the cache has started because the green swirly hole whatever in the ground will change it's appearance. To start the DND, right click the hole and select Enter Cache.

To get max xp/bonus, you must get 100 points.
In the cache there are two roles: Collector and OPTIMUMS PRIME.

As a collector you pick up the blue bottled memories from the edges of the wall (only go for the large ones on the ground, the others are waste of your time) and dump them in to the giant green-eye in the center. The blue autobots however will slap your poo poo if they get near you causing you to drop your memories. You can use the mage ability surge to get past them sometimes. You get two abilities via the minigame interface that last 15 seconds - double points and invincibility. These should be self explanatory, use whenever possible. Each large memory only gives 3 points per drop off. This role sucks, and you're only gonna do it when you can't do OPTIMUMS PRIME

As a OPTIMUMS PRIME you click on the lesser, blue filth autobots to subdue them. After being shown who the boss is they'll curl up in to the fetal position and cry, and will be unable to smack the pubbies. However, you don't do this to help pubbies, subduing gets you points. Most of your points will come from this role. While subduing only gets you one point, you can subdue like 6 dudes in the time it takes you to deliver 1 measly memory- assuming your poo poo doesn't get smacked. To become OPTIMUMS PRIME you must go to the corners of the room and click on the statue of Optimus. Sadly it's not permanent, and after a minute you'll become a worthless collector again. Protip: pubbies are dumb and will usually become Optimus as soon as they enter and all fight over the autobots to subdue. Wait till their Optimus form runs out then activate it to get them all to yourself for max points! You get two abilities - double points and subdue all - both self explanatory. Activate double points and then subude all for loads of points instantly!

So, about that training bonus; you get a few;

10% chance for double loot from divine locations, at no extra cost to the player's gathering limit. You probably wont use this.
10% chance to save a charge from a sign of the porter. Same as above
10% chance to convert all memories at once while training Divination, this can happen with both enhanced experience and normal experience options, and still consumes the normal amount of energy for enhanced. THIS IS THE MONEY.

For the next 20 minutes, you have a good chance that when depositing energies to do a SLAM

loving

DUNK and instantly deposit your entire inventory of memories. Usually it'll trigger after depositing between 1-8 memories in my experience, making your div training really fast for 20 minutes. For max xp, buy a few hundred energies off the ge so all your slam dunks are enhanced energy dunks.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

joachim783 posted:

I found how to do the elf city course without moving your mouse on the /r/runescape subreddit thought you guys would want to know.

people are saying you could set up a autoclicker and do it like this, but wouldn't that be a super easy one-way street to bantown?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

simply ebin
(wish you could report for this so dumbass pubbies could get bant)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

Yeah, get your chaotics and get your ring maxed

isnt every single role maxed on a dg ring a comp req or some bs?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

It's real, try it out

EDIT: Rip Magres

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 21, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

Haha well then I might suddenly just :rip: at some point, cause I'm not restarting this friggin game. I'll post in thread if the dodgy path finally catches up to me.

So begins my death watch :v:

you should give me all your stuff so when you're RIP'd it doesn't go to waste.

Also I'm poor and want to live the Pimp Pirate Life :(

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Sneak peak from Ghetto Online. Looks like it'll be way better than RS.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

:rock: SLAYER IS loving RADICAL :rock:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Look who has a memeland account!

He's even the moderator of many subleddits, and here he bans someone for talking about hacking/cheating - and then shortly after he posts this under a truly EPIC /r/runescape meme;

We believe you™

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

Way to stalk post histories like a pair of creepy autists

Stalking nerds is my fetish :blush:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

Redditor.

The next exciting Sims 2 Goonscape Adventure is here! This time, Mungh0 Bungh0 G0es R0gue!

these clan sims things are oddly creepy and entertaining at the same time

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Someone wanted me to link this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VitHIGSmAJ8

A Friend destroying pubbies and then they cry about it in the comments

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-house party poo poo-

I should really make a house. I'm 99 con and my home is poo poo.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Can we make this out theme song?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I have a stinking feeling that 2015 is the year Jagex goes full blown Maple Story with TH and then wonders why everyone stops playing in favor of picking up literally any other game

edit:

All leddit posts calling out this new shtity promo are getting hidden. I wonder if leddit becoming a "official fansite" has anything to do with it?

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 9, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
pizza lady cit resets soon and i need my welfare

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

As I zero in on 119 Dungeoneering, I've decided that I want to do all of the hard mode floors. Arsenes already expressed interest in doing them with me - would anyone else be up for it?

if im on i might be up for them. im 110

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
incase we dont see eachother before reset

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-musics-

more good music:

Conspiracy part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT63yWBT5Ok

But we can fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSBrIlepYuc

Return of Lucien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYwn_UQJlk

Autumn voyage throughout the years
Classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA

Rs2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFPrE61rEU

Rs3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLLvD-sFNfk

I think i prefer the RS2 version here. love this song though, it has this really adventurous vibe to it. Like you've just left home for the first time and are exploring the big, dangerous world all alone. It starts out lonely and quiet, and quickly gets more actiony as it goes on.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Dizz posted:

I have such fond memories of this game back when it was 2.5d. It's a shame that 90% of content now is behind a paywall.

Membership is well worth it in my opinion. The quests are stellar, with little to no fetch quests. It's a fun game to diddle about in, and right now its the most accessible its ever been with armor/weapons from levels 1-70 being cheap and t80 weps/t-85 armor being "free" (not including time cost)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
so is OSRS getting a GE?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes, but it's crippled by requiring the other side to confirm the transaction, rather than automatically being processed.

lol. so its a GE except incredibly slow and people can still make troll offers... Pointless.

widespread posted:

Please tell me there's no drawbacks to this. Because this just made divination super easy to grind.
I made a psot about how to do it a while back. no drawbacks, just insane xp and a 20min buff after to your div training.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
playing osrs for a bit because

1: nostalgia
2: ge vote (only total 88 or so atm)

Edit: Seen a fuckton of bots. Don't care, I look pimp in full iron with a black 2h

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 14, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Jesus Christ another BXP weekend already?! This has got to be the shortest time between two bxp weekends ever I swear.

I think I'll do hunter primarily because gently caress hunter, maybe do some smithing/crafting. I'll save up my citadel for it too for double furnace/loom times two.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
If I buy a keepsake key and use it to keepsake a Handcannon, will it retain the cool as fuk handcannon animations when in use?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

LemonyTang posted:

Sold my Torstols for 7927 each, pretty good day 1 bonus xp hype.

jesus gently caress i got like 1500 grimy ones, gonna clean em right loving now

edit: http://puu.sh/eCvXP.png for my welfare

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 17, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
yeah, don't you need pries tin peril to access morytaina?

edit:

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 18, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-gladiator fight stuff-

That's my money, combat gear and stats. I should be up for it.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=eQVKP-4qp20/view-idea?idea=6803

rate my runelabs

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

WOW GREAT GAME LOVING IT

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Terces posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,461,65557196

As requested by chat - a pubbie is very upset about the relleka east wall shortcut.
:tipshat:

Honestly I wish instead of making a path they did an agility obstacle. Why? Because agility is nearly loving worthless with little to no gain for the extreme grind. More shortcuts please. Alternatively, remove agility from the game.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I bet kari would rather die than sort out my bank

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Did some dominion tower. That's my progress from today - also unlocked dominion sword and cbow. Got a sword as a drop too, looks really fly.

Gonna try for all gloves. What's better for grinding out 500 kills, climber, endurance or something else?

(also i'd be down for attempting rumble mode with goons)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

i did it

I DID IT

I NOW OWN AN ASCENSION CROSSBOW

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

simosimo posted:

Anyone else run RS3 on low? As graphically sound RS3 is these days, I find it so hard to find crap on screen; turning it on low to get rid of the lovely dull textures and lighting is so much better.

Kinda looks like OSRS too but better! In pog form

i usually play on low and only turn setting sup for new content (quests, bosses im doing for first time, etc) and screenshots

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
The selfies thing added to the orb of occ is very underwhelming

It just basically lets you take a closeup shot of your character from any possible angle. That's it. No facial expressions, poses or over the shoulder like Wind Waker or GTA, your character is always doing your standing pose in the center of the screen. You can't even emote for the pic. Very pointless feature, not enough to it to make it worth using.

EDIT:

Someone asked about angles, this is the lowest I could get. So yeah, its the normal camera with more freedom and more zoom, not exactly a "selfie"

If you want to do selfies, you're better off using the rpe existing "gaze into" free camera mode

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 26, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
summary of the tuska stream. This is ALL the tuska info released, stopped watching when they started talking about boss practice mode and demon flash mobs

Main info:

-you play as a part of a faction
-only armadyl, zamorak, saradomin and the godless are represented.No zaros/etc
-astronomy-centered wizards have spotted tuska hurtling towards the world
-tuska is hurtling through space and to fight tuska you have to teleport to her back
-tuska wont actually be on the main game overworld
-to fight tuska you do various skilling/combat junk to get a godsword-like lance
-to deal damage to tuska you stab her in the face with the lance
-each day players must deal a certain amount of damage to win that day, if they don't tuska wins
-at the end whichever side has the most days won wins the event
-vorago will feature in the event and fight tuska
-possibly 3 endings - winning, losing and a super seeekrit one

Rewards include a tuska "war priest" set;

skills include...
-woodcutting
-mining
-agility (!!!!)

will the over world be effected? possibly.

requirements to participate = none

You can not fight "for" tuska but apparently you can sway the fight in her favor

other notes:
-ironmen can participate
-it is a safe event
-combat is optional
-zaros is apparently too busy to help which is why you cant fight for him. he will apparently be slightly involved though
-inter-god conflict is not a focus. zamorakians can not fight saradominists, etc
-however the faction that deals the most damage will "win" the event

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 27, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
That UI looks terrible auguster jesus all that wasted space. This is mine though

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
These are very dark times indeed. Nearly as bad as when my local Pizza Hut closed down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Was bored and browsing runelabs and saw one I wouldn't mind seeing in game

https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=avUfQ2qvm6A/view-idea?idea=16008

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 1, 2015