Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Go read Tanier's previews: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2258329-nfl-week-10-picks-bears-divided-cardinals-united

quote:

Dolphins at Lions

Sunday, 1 p.m.

Line: Lions -2.5

The Lions and Dolphins have the two best defenses in the NFL right now, according to Football Outsiders. They rank first and third in the NFL in yards per game (with the 49ers in between) and points per game (the Chiefs are in between; Lions lead all categories). Both offenses are coming around: Calvin Johnson is back at practice for the Lions, while Ryan Tannehill is a respectable 6-of-15 for 198 yards on deep passes in his last three games. (He was 7-of-26 with three interceptions in his first five games, but if I claimed he was 0-of-6 with five picks you would probably have believed it.)

Great defenses, improving offenses, guys getting healthy and improving upon their weaknesses…why aren't we taking these teams more seriously? Why isn't this game higher on the preview list? Why not speculate that this is a Lions-Dolphins Super Bowl preview? Oh yeah, they are the Lions and Dolphins, and they are almost guaranteed to be torn apart by mismanagement, coaching blunders or internal strife over the next month.

Those searching for Achilles heels should note that the Dolphins rank 31st in the NFL in special teams, the Lions 32nd, according to Football Outsiders. The Lions perfected the art of missing a last-second field goal, but won two weeks ago. Still, that sort of thing only works in Europe, against Mike Smith. Look for this game to hinge on a blocked kick, missed chip shot or long return that will provide evidence that one of these teams has finally changed its ways while the other spirals uncontrollably back to normal.

Prediction: Lions 21, Dolphins 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Let's do this Lions.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Joseph Fauria and Eric Ebron are out. I hope the Lions win today.

I saw somewhere that the Bills and Chiefs have played each other seven seasons in a row, and this is the first time that both teams have a winning record going into the matchup. :toot:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Joseph Fauria and Eric Ebron are out. I hope the Lions win today.

I saw somewhere that the Bills and Chiefs have played each other seven seasons in a row, and this is the first time that both teams have a winning record going into the matchup. :toot:

The Bills have one winning record in the 2000's, I know who isn't holding their end of that bargain up.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

finally, a relaxing Sunday

go hilarity

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Outside of lions/Dolphins, this is not a good week for early games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Every single one of those games has sucked as a Chiefs fan too. Buffalo is a pain in the rear end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Outside of lions/Dolphins, this is not a good week for early games.

Chiefs - Bills are two decent teams fighting for a wildcard and 49ers - Saints would be good if the 49ers intended to man up and not watch Harbaugh quit.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Go saints, and jaguars

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Who on earth decided that what's really needed to liven up a sporting occasion is Joss Stone?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Bold Prediction: The Panthers won't lose for the second Sunday in a row.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Is there some new dapper diaper brand he's selling?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
go chargers

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Rob Riggle time

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I don't feel bad about rooting against Orton this week, I just wish it didn't have to happen.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Let's go Lions!

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Anyone have a link for a Cowboys/Jags stream?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
God drat pregame shows are so loving terrible it's hard to just have them on for sound while I work. This poo poo is just painful.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why is this man allowed to do this?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh right the football thing! That's on today. This "Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" thing has ruined me I tell you. RUINED ME!!! But I remembered the game was on.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Oh right the football thing! That's on today. This "Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" thing has ruined me I tell you. RUINED ME!!! But I remembered the game was on.

huh, maybe I'll have to play this.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Patrick Willis isnt playing

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
my prediction for this Niners game: pain

lanaka
Nov 9, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I tried to play the original, and couldn't really get into it. Is the remake better? Any real differences?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let's go the Dolphins fish Bitch

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

"Ahoy mates, jolly good top o' the morning to you. This is Tony the Mongoose, and we're here in le England to watch America's Team take on the Jaguars. I haven't heard any bagpipes yet, Kenny, but with these rowdy footballers, anything is possible."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

lanaka posted:

I tried to play the original, and couldn't really get into it. Is the remake better? Any real differences?

It doesn't run like reheated dog poo poo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

The Birding of Isaac

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I think the Jaguars actually match up well with the Cowboys in a lot of ways. I'm just concerned that if Romo plays well, the talent level of the Cowboys will outmatch the Jaguars. So Romo not being 100% is the only chance the Jags have I think.

lanaka
Nov 9, 2011

TubeStank posted:

It doesn't run like reheated dog poo poo

Sounds like a vote of confidence.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Redzone Music!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@BrianCoz
Plane now over MetLife with "Jets rebuilding since 1969" banner #nyj

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Sorry, but I need my rogue likes to be science fiction. Hard science fiction. FTL forever.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Really gonna suck if Romo dies today

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*Taps mic a couple times*

Ahem

Lions, bitch.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

go the cowboys bitch

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

@BrianCoz
Plane now over MetLife with "Jets rebuilding since 1969" banner #nyj

oh my god lmfao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

lanaka posted:

It isn't for everyone but part of it is getting used to the controls and digging deeper into the game and unlocking more stuff. Gets harder as you do more, tons of fun in my opinion. I don't play many games anymore, but Binding of Isaac is my bag, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Marketing New Brain posted:

Sorry, but I need my rogue likes to be science fiction. Hard science fiction. FTL forever.
What do you spend your module slots on

• Locked thread