Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
what pet related issues still give you unironic careboners

goo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
the issue of your mom consuming the entirety of the worlds stored food for an afternoon snack

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

mods, hate speech

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

That's because you're a weird spergy pit bull enthusiast arguing over minute about what is or isn't a Pit Bull rather than the fundamental question of dog aggression as a selectively bred trait. Additionally, you seem to have a very condescending attitude towards like 99.8% of dog owners that you pejoratively label "dog ladies, rescue ladies, etc...", without realizing or acknowledging that people who own labs as family dogs in the suburbs care for and love their dogs just as much as you love your pits.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
my dog does not like pit bulls or other large dogs and also ponies

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm literally a pit bull irl

Realpost: Whenever I see a brachycephalic dog wheezing and struggling to breathe, I want to cry.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
People who walk dogs off lead (aside from designated areas) or fail to properly contain their dogs. I might be able to kick your snarling hellbeast in the face with steelcaps when it goes for my dogs, but an elderly lady or child walking their poodle has no chance.

Pitbull owners who own pitbulls because they like the thought of owning an aggressive dog.

e: Also what avs said.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW

A scene from an alternate, better dimension.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
like you could ever get a dog to sit that long

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i care deeply about bloodsport

MrConfusedTurkey
Dec 14, 2013

Avshalom posted:

I'm literally a pit bull irl

Realpost: Whenever I see a brachycephalic dog wheezing and struggling to breathe, I want to cry.

It's about 100% worse when you see one struggling to breathe and very obviously overweight.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

danes that are so big that they look loving ridiculous and are not proportionate at all because I can hear "oh we can't afford that kind of a vet bill" at three years old and I get mad.

BarristaSelmy
Oct 10, 2012
People that bring their intact dogs to the dog park.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

danes that are so big that they look loving ridiculous and are not proportionate at all because I can hear "oh we can't afford that kind of a vet bill" at three years old and I get mad.

I'm guessing by "so big" you mean fat? Because I've been told my dane is huge (even for his breed), but he's definitely not fat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Barrista posted:

People that bring their intact dogs to the dog park.

I'm guessing by "so big" you mean fat? Because I've been told my dane is huge (even for his breed), but he's definitely not fat.

I mean either way. Dogs that are abnormally tall or long or whatever tend to have more issues and it's stupid to breed for that.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
My boss was traumatised and disgusted by hearing that some dogs have to have their anal glands expressed occasionally because eww, dog fluids, how gross, she'd never be able to deal with a dog that has disgusting health problems like that. Now she's on the waiting list for a puppy!

An English Bulldog puppy.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
sometimes people are scared of Suzy and I'm secretly thinking "good, you cowardly poo poo! tremble before my fearsome dog" and i think she picks up on it.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
im not saying im scared of your dog but id cross the street to avoid it, then later make offensive comments about 'that sort'.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i get really mad when i'm just hanging out with my dogs and people come up and want to talk to me about pit bulls like no go away. i wouldnt talk to you even if you paid me.

catamar
May 23, 2008
I get mad about people who park at the entrance to the unfenced, unlit baseball field at night, let their dog jump out of the car, and just sit there in the dark inside their car while their dog does ?????? where they can't see it. Especially when they don't tell me that their unleashed dog is out roaming somewhere when I pass their car with my leashed dogs. It's not even that cold out yet!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

my dog likes other dogs, i just don't like you or your snarling hellbeast.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's wild animals and not pets but I really don't like seeing pictures of people coming into physical contact, like petting or hugging or w/e, with big/wild cats, especially when it's passed around as cute. :(

No lady that lion does not belong in a bed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Neongray I like your cat petting simulator it is v cute. That is my carepost.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
It makes me genuinely angry at my good friend whenever I go to her house and her 1 year old Beagle goes apeshit barking excitedly and jumping all over me and my husband. While my friend is like "no silly...stop.. :effort: Gee I dunno why she's like that. :v: But she's so cute, pet her and she'll calm down probably. "

And when her dog table surfs when she thinks nobody is looking. Like ANY TIME food is even close to being unattended she tries to jump up and snag it from the table/counter.

Basically anyone whose dog has no manners past the little puppy stage. TRAIN YOUR loving ANIMAL, IT'S SMART ENOUGH TO SIT I PROMISE.

EDIT: Also cats that try to steal scraps from under people's noses or off plates. It's not just dogs. Have some consideration for your guests and make an effort to train your animals at least the BASICS like "Plates=off limits"

Buggiezor fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 12, 2014

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Buggiezor posted:

It makes me genuinely angry at my good friend whenever I go to her house and her 1 year old Beagle goes apeshit barking excitedly and jumping all over me and my husband. While my friend is like "no silly...stop.. :effort: Gee I dunno why she's like that. :v: But she's so cute, pet her and she'll calm down probably. "

My dogs act like fuckwads towards guests because enough guests have ignored me when I've said "please do not pet the dogs until they are calm and not being obnoxious" and they reward the gently caress out of them by talking to them and petting them while they jump all over them and then they are bewildered and confused when the dogs keep hassling them after the fact bc they ignored these simple instructions

So now I tell you once to please not pet the dogs until they quit spazzing and then you're on your loving own and I'm not sorry anymore

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

neongrey posted:

It's wild animals and not pets but I really don't like seeing pictures of people coming into physical contact, like petting or hugging or w/e, with big/wild cats, especially when it's passed around as cute. :(

No lady that lion does not belong in a bed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't like it when it's in a domestic enviroment. I've petted most of the animals at the zoo before because even though it was against the rules, everybody did it backstage where the general public couldn't see and long after they're fed and full and fat, they aren't gonna do anything anyway except smoosh against it. Xerxes, the big male lion, had a backscratcher specifically designated for reaching in and scratching all over his big stupid head and he'd make the happiest, laziest moan noise when you hit the good spot :3:

But we also were aware that they were still wild animals and could gently caress us up if they so chose. We were just real good about avoidin that.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Buggiezor posted:

And when her dog table surfs when she thinks nobody is looking. Like ANY TIME food is even close to being unattended she tries to jump up and snag it from the table/counter.

Basically anyone whose dog has no manners past the little puppy stage. TRAIN YOUR loving ANIMAL, IT'S SMART ENOUGH TO SIT I PROMISE.

EDIT: Also cats that try to steal scraps from under people's noses or off plates. It's not just dogs. Have some consideration for your guests and make an effort to train your animals at least the BASICS like "Plates=off limits"

Have you ever tried teaching a scenthound that plates=off limits?

It makes me angry when people let their dogs with lovely recall off-leash to roam. I know of one guy who used to lose his beagle on pretty much every hike he took the dog on, until finally he lost it for good (it was found a week later dead by the side of the road).

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 12, 2014

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Off-leash dogs in on-leash only areas. Why does everyone think that the rules don't apply to them and that their dog couldn't possibly pose a problem? Why do they not listen when I yell at them for being asshats? There are signs everywhere, people, stop looking at your drat phone long enough to read them.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
My dog befriended a big curly yellow thing the other day and I said to its owner, "He's gorgeous, is he a goldendoodle?" and the guy got legit huffy and went "Um actually he's a labradoodle? :rolleyes:" and then walked off. I care about this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
And another one of my old bosses said that she's finally going to get her kids a puppy and went into this spiel about how she's tracked down this amazing breed called a cavoodle but she's heard that all the cavoodle breeders in the Sydney area are subpar so she's going to get the perfect cavoodle ordered and flown in from interstate. This madness needs to end.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My mom volunteers at the shelter at least 2 days a week walking dogs. I don't expect every person ever to always adopt a shelter dog, there are some real benefits to going to a reputable breeder. But I've had a couple friends who haven't even gone there to look because "Those are all problem dogs or really old dogs. That's why they're there in the first place, duh" I know that the shelter get puppies in quite often, they just get snapped up quickly. And some dogs just have jackass owners who don't care to keep them but they are sweet as can be.

At least go look!! Those dogs need homes. My friend found a BYB on Craigslist instead because PUREBREED :aaaaa: :fh:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I got my dog from a friend of a friend basically. They got her for free from a "breeder" who had to get rid of them because the dog was already pregnant again. She's a "pomeagle", as they called her, half beagle, half pomeranian.

This is the father.

They bred him to this poor tiny thing. At least twice.

Look at the size of those little puppies compared to her. She looks so upset. I hope it was some sort of mistake and they fixed her after the second litter, at least, and they aren't doing it on purpose.

Get your loving animals fixed.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Araenna posted:

She's a "pomeagle", as they called her, half beagle, half pomeranian.

Pics please immediately!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

notsowelp posted:

Pics please immediately!

seriously i need to see this dog

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notsowelp posted:

Pics please immediately!

She's basically just a golden colored beagle. Her head is a bit small, though.

Abutiu
Oct 21, 2013
I carepost about everything because I'm one of those rescue ladies super hates and that is why we are mortal enemies and I definitely don't like seeing pictures of her farm animals and dogs and poo poo, but honestly one of the only things that really upsets me is when people try to fix fear-based problems with aversive measures. If your dog is freaking out because it feels threatened, don't go adding more stress! You are making the problem worse! Aside from any debates over effectiveness or anything, the sheer lack of empathy that implies really bugs me. I mean, if they are truly misinterpreting the behavior that's one thing, but I've seen a disturbing amount of people say it doesn't matter what the cause of the behavior is. But the idea of causing more pain/fear to a terrified creature (human or animal) just to get them to stop acting in a way we find annoying...that's just monstrous, and it really bugs me how many people don't seem to care.

I don't care about reasonable positive punishment in many situations but punishing dogs for acting out of fear really upsets me.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Araenna posted:

She's basically just a golden colored beagle. Her head is a bit small, though.

man he's not even a ridiculous dog

why do something this hosed up to an animal if the end result isn't even going to be wildly ridiculous?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mirthless posted:

man he's not even a ridiculous dog

why do something this hosed up to an animal if the end result isn't even going to be wildly ridiculous?

Yeah, she's pretty normal.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Buggiezor posted:

My mom volunteers at the shelter at least 2 days a week walking dogs. I don't expect every person ever to always adopt a shelter dog, there are some real benefits to going to a reputable breeder. But I've had a couple friends who haven't even gone there to look because "Those are all problem dogs or really old dogs. That's why they're there in the first place, duh" I know that the shelter get puppies in quite often, they just get snapped up quickly. And some dogs just have jackass owners who don't care to keep them but they are sweet as can be.

At least go look!! Those dogs need homes. My friend found a BYB on Craigslist instead because PUREBREED :aaaaa: :fh:

Getting your panties in a twist because people won't look at a shelter first is retarded. People aren't under any weird moral obligations to consider rescue before buying a dog regardless of what shelter ladies think

Superconsndar posted:

My dogs act like fuckwads towards guests because enough guests have ignored me when I've said "please do not pet the dogs until they are calm and not being obnoxious" and they reward the gently caress out of them by talking to them and petting them while they jump all over them and then they are bewildered and confused when the dogs keep hassling them after the fact bc they ignored these simple instructions

So now I tell you once to please not pet the dogs until they quit spazzing and then you're on your loving own and I'm not sorry anymore

yeah same. pretty much the only way i've been able to get guests to leave the dogs alone long enough for them to chill out is to keep both of them on leash for 30 min and it's really obnoxious. it was even worse when kas was still a big scaredy baby who got freaked out by people approaching her. vecna now throws toys at guests from the moment they come over til they leave because no matter how many times I say "don't throw that for him" some idiot always does.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Because i'm that owner that uses my dog as a free garbage disposal, please if i tell you do not put food on the ground, DONT PUT FOOD ON THE GROUND. My dog is fantastic about not table surfing (with rare exceptions...he did snag a steak once, but that was my fault for going out for a smoke and not taking him with me), but he knows that if it's on the ground, it's for him. Especially if its something that i know will upset his stomach. If you do, don't look huffy at me when i tell you that you can take him out and clean up his dirrehea shits.

And I'm also that owner with letting my dog out in the park unleashed. the difference is the second i see another person, with dog or without, mine's being called to me and either sitting in the car with me until the other people pass, or i'm out there with the leash with him. The other people who don't do this though - yeah, it bothers me. Also the people who live in the neighborhood behind the trail by my house who can't be bothered to contain their dogs in their yard. My dog is good off leash, but i don't test him, and the second i see another dog, the leash is on him, and he's glued to my shins. The people that live behind the trail can't be bothered to keep their dogs in their yard, so there has been more than once where i have to physically pry their little white fluffball off of my dog getting myself nipped in the process, when my dog has done nothing more than stand on the trail and give a few warning barks/growls.

Also, owners that can't tell that the other dog is giving a warning bark/growl. My dog doesn't like other dogs, I accept that. He's gotten much much better with training to not react to other dogs, and now is quite happy to just stand by me if we come across another dog on a walk, and doesn't chase after them, and rarely barks after them. However, he does not handle other dogs in his space. At all. when your hellbeast comes charging over and I am leading my dog away, I don't care that your dog "just wants to be friends" my dog is very clearly agitated, growling, and ready to snap, if you let your dog continue to be in my dogs face, then yes, your dog is at fault when mine snaps at yours. When the other owner has their back to you, is walking their dog quickly away from you and your dog, maybe you should find something else for your dog to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

^ It's you, you're the person I hate, because you are going to be so upset the one time your off leash dog doesn't recall and barges up to my leashed dog that will kill it. You're the guy. Please don't freak out when my dog kills yours because it's exhausting and just ugh no

Unironic carepost: I hate that I can't take my more reactive dog for walks because theres always some shitlord who is too good to keep their idiot dog on a leash

• Locked thread