Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

grimrock 2 is the best game released in 2014. please accept grimrock 2 into your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlMightyBawb
Jun 1, 2009
What makes a rock grim?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

AlMightyBawb posted:

What makes a rock grim?

turn your monitor on.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AlMightyBawb posted:

What makes a rock grim?

idk what else but one of your posts could do it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

These games are assy.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i doubt that OP

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

These games are assy.

lol yeah i also hate good puzzles and exploring a big-rear end environment + slowly building your guys into a murder squad

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AlMightyBawb posted:

What makes a rock grim?

putting teleporter pads all over it in lieu of good level design

Koke
Sep 22, 2014

Fungah! posted:

grimrock 2 is the best game released in 2014. please accept grimrock 2 into your life.

uhm thats like.... your opinion man

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
ok

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i will get it when its 1 dollar or free, like the first one, which was bad

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
this game makes me so loving angry with that wizard mocking me with his letters and bullshit traps

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
might play it. ive hosed up really bad and the only 2014 game ive bought is smash 4. my current GOTY is adventure island 2. i really hosed up

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

the only thing that sucked about the original grimrock was that it wasn't longer. But it was still pretty cool. here's hoping they change up the maps and not make everything rly close quarters.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
well i mean if mario kart 8 or smash bros hadn't came out then maybe

also binding of issac rebirth

you know 2014 is a pretty "aight" year for gaming. a good vintage

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. For 3DS and WiiU, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mach2 posted:

Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. For 3DS and WiiU, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

good, good but i've played it before, a remake of a flash game, a literally 15-year old game. come back when you're serious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

liquid courage posted:

the only thing that sucked about the original grimrock was that it wasn't longer. But it was still pretty cool. here's hoping they change up the maps and not make everything rly close quarters.

there's a couple pretty wide open maps on the overworld, and there's a pretty baller hidden segment where it's you, like a hundred mummies, and two big magma elementals in a big fuckoff desert. most of the dungeon poo poo's still close quarters tho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

i will get it when its 1 dollar or free, like the first one, which was bad

this one, unlike the first one, is good. please trust me on this

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Do they still use stupid rear end teleporters everywhere? A stream implied that yes, they do.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Do they still use stupid rear end teleporters everywhere? A stream implied that yes, they do.

yeah there are a bunch of teleporters but they're mostly used pretty well. i can't think of any time i got totally stymied by a teleporter maze or some poo poo

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
does it still have that combat where u kite enemies around in a square hitting them with a sword while they cant hit u

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

koolkal posted:

does it still have that combat where u kite enemies around in a square hitting them with a sword while they cant hit u

the enemies are smarter and have more tricks so it's not a magic solution, a lot of the time they'll turn and attack at the same time, etc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

koolkal posted:

you still do that with some stuff but a lot of enemies have ways to punish you for square dancing. there's still a couple exploity things you can do (ladders are OP as gently caress) + the combat's still not incredible anyway but it's better at least

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah more enemies have ranged attacks and charges and jumps or they just straight up move so fast that when you strafe to avoid them, they're already in front of the next square and you start wondering if maybe there were more enemies than you initially noticed.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Not available on Linux, OP.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Not available on Linux, OP.

no poo poo?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

well gently caress me