Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Had Charlie Crist won the election for Florida Governor, I would have put Florida in the Tossup category, but since Rick Scott is still going to be Governor in 2016 then yeah, lean Republican sounds right.:smith:

Hey, maybe Charlie Crist can run for Florida Senator!:haw::hf::suicide:

I'm not sure if I'm joking or not; the Florida Democratic Party is basically non-existent, as shown by former Republican Governor of Florida Charlie Crist being the 2014 Democratic nominee for Florida Governor.

fade5 has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Nov 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I was so hopeful for Begich and his Alaska Native GOTV efforts. :smith:
Same, I was assuming that Alaska and North Carolina were Democratic holds, even if we lost Colorado and Iowa. Also, if Begich had won it might have put the idea that massive GOTV is the way for Democrats to move forward; instead, all it shows them is that Alaska was a waste of money (it wasn't).

What really sucks is that Hillary+Democratic Senate+Republican House functions a lot differently that Hillary+Republican Senate+Republican House. And forget about Hillary having long enough coattails to possibly put the House in play, 2014 was a loving slaughter on that front too.

fade5 has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Nov 10, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

Begich is the Senate loss that bums me out the most, actually, even though he was pretty bad on some issues. I really thought his massive GOTV in the Alaskan hinterlands would be enough to pull him through,
Same here, Begich really busted his rear end getting every vote could. It really sucks that he lost, especially since any future pushes for a big GOTV effort will likely be met with "We tried a big GOTV in Alaska, and it didn't work". It also makes retaking the Senate in 2016 all that much harder.:smith:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

This guy is actually classy-looking, unlike your average le gentlemanchild Redditor, so I'll give him a pass on it.

Internet Webguy posted:

The fedora must be matched with an appropriately classy throwback suit, not a trench coat and cargo shorts.
This. It's not the hat, it's that you need the full suit and pants, classy shoes and probably a tie to go with it. Also, being more than 50 years old helps since Fedoras didn't really fall out of fashion until the early 60's; the older someone is, the more likely they saw/wore a Fedora as a legitimate fashion statement and not ironically.
This actually came up once before when discussing Obama's :supaburn:tan suit:supaburn:

Bill Clinton can most definitely pull off the fedora look.

The exceptions to the fedora rule are Indiana Jones (since it's his iconic look) and Freddy Krueger, because mocking the burned guy with a metal claw who can literally kill you in your dreams is an extremely bad idea, no matter how unfashionable wearing a sweater with a fedora is.:v:

Mortabis posted:

3. Terry McAuliffe is proving unpopular for a variety of reasons, such as being an rear end in a top hat.
Reminder to everyone that Terry McAuliffe was somehow elected Governor of Virginia. Admittedly his opponent was Ken Cuccinelli, aka a literal crazy person who ran on bringing back sodomy laws, but Terry McAuliffe still won the election somehow.:allears:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Not that this is a surprise, but the AP has called Louisiana for Cassidy, 54-46.

:rip: White, Southern Democrats.
Lloyd Doggett would like a word with you.:colbert:

Admittedly, Doggett isn't and has never been a "Southern" conserva-Dem given that he's a super liberal and represents a majority-minority district in central Texas composed of Austin-San Antonio.

• Locked thread