Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012
I don't care how good her health is, she needs to go for a lot of reasons, preferably by retiring because that makes it easier. I had actually hoped Steyer's interest was in order to raise his profile and gain experience in campaigning before going for Feinstein's seat in 18, whether she retires or not. And if she doesn't, hell yes i'd take Villaraigosa going at her, bad as he is. Or anybode else...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012
WaPo says they're tied: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a902_story.html

Reading the article, Edwards seems to be on the upswing. Which makes me happy.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This is a solid ad. I wonder if the Trump downballot effect is a thing.

I'd wager that it is and Maggie Hassan's one of the challengers in a good position to capitalize on it against Kelly Ayotte :unsmigghh:

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I think the McGinty nomination combined with the Trump ticket gives Toomey an extremely narrow path to victory.

Yeah, Toomey's probably cursing Trump a lot under his breadth. Add to that that McGinty will probably have Clinton and Obama stumping for her since they endorsed her, I'm guessing he's not in a very happy place.

I'd also like to see both the DSCC/DNC and Clinton campaign put a good amount of resources into North Carolina. Burr's not very popular and he's got a fairly credible opponent. Combine that with the Trump situation and the local Repub meltdown down there that's threatening to cost them the gubernatorial race I think it's worht the investment.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

Norm was suspended from the legislature earlier this year because he's facing a rape charge in court. Not looking good for him tonight, but still 12 precincts left!

Is that the guy Maddow spent some time on due to the rape case? If so, good riddance.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

The Groper posted:

I'm volunteering in the district next to mine since mine is conyers D-locked district, what's the worst stuff Dave Trott has done so I can be effectively outraged tonight?

He was the GOP establishment's choice to get rid of Kerry Bentivolio. Google him, he was, shall we say, eccentric...

Here's a New Republic post from 2014 on Trott that should give you some ammo: Michigan's 'Foreclosure King' Is Trying to Win a Seat in Congress

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012
Well, I have to applaud Kelly Ayotte's Condom Sense, but her answering questions / debate sense could use some work: In debate, GOP senator says Trump is ‘absolutely’ a role model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Came here to post this. As Schnorkles says, good loving timing. Man he's disgusting, please kick him out on his rear end.

• Locked thread