Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Sounds good to me. Probably someone would just need to choose one of the threads & get a mod to edit the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

dems are taking the house, count it

sounds like a toxx to me... :mrgw:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

also im not looking forward to figuring out what the gently caress is going on with the dueling grocery store bag propositions

Platystemon posted:

67 is “Ban disposable bags Require retailers to charge at least 10˘ for disposable bags”. The 10˘ minimum fee exists to encourage shoppers to bring re‐usable bags; retailers are free to do whatever they want with the fee.

65 would take the 10˘ fees, if 67 passes, and put them in some nebulous fund (I haven’t looked into the specifics of this fund). If it passes on its own, nothing happens.

ballotpedia is a pretty good source for prop info, that's what i was using

67 bans plastic bags and adds a 10 cent fee for other disposable bags (ie paper); 65, as you said, redirects the fee.

apparently the plastic bag manufacturers are anti-67 (duh) and pro-65; as far as anyone can tell, this is an attempt to turn stores against the measure (since if they aren't getting the bag fee, they'll look for ways to avoid implementing it and push for a repeal). basically 65 is a pretty-looking poison pill

the list of supporters and opponents is pretty revealing

classic stuff

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure what to make of this PA poll. This is a B+ rated pollster on 538 and the lean is R +0.4. Still seems like an incredible outlier.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793295484110733312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

definitely feels like the polls are all over the place even in the last days of the election. time to get spooked?

• Locked thread