Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

It's going to be very important to keep in mind that if you're reading this thread you have significantly more knowledge than the average poll respondent because you're a broken person with misaligned priorities and concerns.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

Incidentally, I like how they're called "Liberty University" and yet their code of conduct is fascist. Like, the book definition of the word.

it's like they are masters of using some sort of two-things-at-the-same-time-talk, freedom literally is slavery :woop:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

He decided to do both.

trump is the killdozer man

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

quadrophrenic posted:

Have any post-debate polls been released over the weekend so far?

do you think we'd be talking about anything else, if they had? :wooper:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SirPablo posted:

I can't believe how much noise Trump is managing to make on a Saturday afternoon. In the future, courses on trolling will be taught, centered on his presidential run.

that's what I was just thinking too. I was expecting to have to wait until Monday for the next episode.

Y'all, we have a full 15 more months of this to look forward to and it doesn't even take weekends off.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it has been posted itt what are your thoughts about it professor

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

man i hope donald sticks in for the next 15 months. he will single handedly destroy the american political system

it's like watching a rube-goldberg machine in that i am physically incapable of looking away :stare:

crazy cloud fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 8, 2015

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

donald will destroy Fox News in the next few months. he will destroy the Republican party by the iowa caucus. he will destroy the rest of hte mainstream media over the rest of the primaries. he will destroy the democratic party by october 2016. he will destroy america on january 21st 2017

mods please make this the forum title

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it's actually more like a real life application of you don't bring piss to a shitfight

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

The Real Paddy posted:

Bernie, as a result of hardball politics from Clinton and leftist infighting, loses the nomination to Clinton.

The Donald killdozes his way to the top of the GOP nom, then swings to the center with emphasis on healthcare and social programs that democrats could find plausible, while keeping the base in check with talk of immigration and nationalistic foreign policy. Working class democrats find his anti-immigrant and protectionist trade policies appealing, and he makes sure to give...stunning...fact free debate performances.

The national audience, already prepped to believe that Clinton is prone to scandal, is divided about whether or not the scandal Trump says he will reveal at prime time is real. Democrats, previously overjoyed at his nomination, are suddenly very nervous and unsure. What did they find in those emails? What if it was something else? What if it turns out to be real? Of those questions, the last, as we saw with Bush in 2004, is the least important to the country.

Donald Trump assumes office.

this is the leaked "good ending" for civ 6 btw every1

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

My Face When posted:

Thank you Based God.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

A year from now, Bernie sanders loses the nomination to Hillary Clinton in a closer race then anyone could have expected, while Trumps cruises to his nomination, grinding all 16 other candidates in to dust along the way. He then selects Independent Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders as his running mate.

The Trump/Sanders ticket wins in an electoral landslide and is reelected for a 2nd term in 2020 as the United States of America is ushered into a new golden age. During President Trump's 2nd term, congress repeals the 22nd amendment and Trump/Sanders runs for and wins 2 additional terms.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

If this had happened only to Jeb and not to Bernie first then I'd be all smug and say "good", but I guess that'd make me a hypocrite now

that is pre-trump thinking

we get to still be all smug and say "good", because after all, r'onnal raygun changed his mind and so can we.

it sucks that it happened to Bernie and it owns that it happened to Jeb because gently caress Jeb! in his dumb fat stuttering mouth

edit: his dumb fat stuttering LOSER mouth, i am getting the hang of this

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

echronorian posted:

It already is, it's called the criminal justice system

:aaa:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mastervj posted:

I don't how you people put yourselves through this, but you have my thanks.

you people? :stare: goon lives matter.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chantilly Say posted:

Here not America 7-11 packages hot dogs as "long burgers"

no they don't.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chantilly Say posted:

You're actually right, I went back and checked the picture I had taken and the long burger's not a hot dog, it's chicken salad on a hot dog bun.

My brain still refuses to accept this information but I think if you eat chicken salad from 7-11, what you are calling it is the least of your worries :gonk:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

anime tupac posted:

I'm only on page 992, so maybe someone else has already said this, but there's been this long, gradual upswing of Trump support in this thread, and I just want to remind everyone that he's a gigantic whiny racist idiot baby and anyone suggesting him as an actual good candidate should be ashamed.

Lots of people are like "ohh what has to happen for him to lose??" What has to happen is for time to pass. There is zero chance of him getting the GOP nomination. It will not happen ever. But aside from that, I guess someone could just go to every event and hold up a fan that blows on his disgusting comb-over and reveals his enormously receded hairline at which point he will shriek and melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Trump is an extremely terrible man and watching him be mean to the shambling parade of GOP schlubs does not make him any less of a catastrophically terrible choice for president.

I'm voting for Trump in the general and he is going to be a great president :twisted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I too remember all of the months that went by where Ron Paul was leading by 20% in multiple national and state polls. It's exactly the same you guys.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Radar Online is reporting a hacker is in possession of 32,000 of Hillary's emails and is selling them for $500K. They've provided sample subject lines.

Apparently when the emails were deleted, they failed to delete the ones in the Sent folder.

:haw:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

William Bear posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't a scientific poll, but it's still funny to see:

It was tweeted by one of Trump's campaign staffers, though, so I hope Trump himself saw it. It can only be good for his self-esteem.

I don't think we need to worry about raising Trump's self esteem

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Sure can.

It was one of the big events I went to with multiple candidates. I had noticed him earlier in the day standing around in the area where the candidates signed books. He was wearing that top hat and holding a McDonald's cup of mostly dead posies. I saw him talk to a few of the regular people (they were not nice to him) and he would try and get close to the candidates. During one of the speakers who was not a candidate I decided to go and walk around and stretch my legs.I went to the main area and say him in the same spot he was earlier.

Walked over and said "How is it going?" He took a kinda defensive and cold tone with me to begin. I said it is okay I wasn't there to yell at or give him a hard time. Just was interested in what he was about. He ignored me and was looking around so I turned to walk away and he said "I give the candidates flowers." I turned back and said "why do you do that?" He responded with "I make them pledge to not start wars and be for peace." I said "I wish that is all it took sometimes. Is one of the reasons I like Sanders. Only guy of the two parties who might not start a war." Now he actually looks at me and says in an angry tone "I don't have a preference. My ideologue is beyond the parties. I'm just here for peace and to get those pledges and promises. Holds them accountable. I've been all over and I did this in 2012 too."I first apologized if I offended him since he sounded angry it wasn't my intention then I said cool and asked if he was part of an organization I could read about. He said "I'm by myself guy. Lone lover."

Then some press walked by and he ran after them.

When it was done and we went to go look at the Scott Walker bus he was being interviewed by a couple of reporters and saw me. He yelled out "HEY SANDERS GUY!!!" smiling and waving. It felt like an act for the reporters so I circumvented that group. It also turned out he was parked next to me. He lives in his car :smith:.

That was my experience and everything was just a little off.

nothing about this sounds bad or off to me but maybe I've a touch of the tism

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jewel Repetition posted:

What if there was such a thing as a hypothetical?

there is no such thing as a hypothetical

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

richardfun posted:

The Donald would like all the profits from the CNN interview to go to veteran causes and has written a letter to Jeff Zucker requesting just that.

The thing is a work of art, but my favourite line would have to be 'While I refuse to brag'.

Every moment that The Trump graces our dimension is a work of art.

Has anyone ever seen Donald and Banksy in the same place at the same time? Just sayin.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

to paraphrase ol' benjie franks, this is proof that God exists and that He wants us to be happy.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
even though i'm panglossing hard af right now I still don't think we live in a just enough universe for us to have the next 16 years be

Trump / Ventura
Trump / Ventura
Ventura / West
Ventura / West

but it's lovely that it's even a potential future :buddy:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
guys what if we let everyone have all the guns they want but we improved society to the point where people lack a loving reason to want to shoot somebody because that's not how healthy people resolve their differences and the issue isn't that we have guns it's that we are seriously and severely ill as a culture :buddy:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Peztopiary posted:

We are probably the least hosed-up culture extant. Not that this is much of an accomplishment.

ya agreed totally USA #1 completely and unironically but holy poo poo what a low bar to clear. I love humans. Some of my best friends are humans. But let's face it, humanity is a complete disaster.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pavlov posted:

I wonder if there is even a person alive qualified to judge all world cultures and decide on the least hosed up one.

ur talkin 2 him friendo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

oddium posted:

that's David Liebe Hart

if only

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

what

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mitt Romney posted:

Q69-420 (Republicans) What is Donald Trump's chance of winning the nomination?
0%

edit: really this is just more evidence Jeb! should be off somewhere crying in a corner

Anyone who still thinks Trump has a chance at the nomination should read these numbers. He's not going to win.

The only thing he's going to accomplish (which he's done a lot) is get the actual candidates to say some pretty stupid things. Rubio hasn't gotten caught up much in saying extreme things though.

I agree that he is probably not going to win but if you have watched the events of the last few months unfold and think he's got no chance you cray

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

http://radaronline.com/photos/hillary-clinton-health-issues-tell-all-claims/photo/1202941/

It's just another hit piece book on Clinton, builds on her health issues from a couple of years ago.

oh word

no idea why I wasn't able to extrapolate that from a headline of book: she's sick

I must not meet the minimum literacy requirements for drudge readership or something

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, at his current rate he's going to be claiming the other candidates literally flew the airplanes into the twin towers by like next month, and the primaries are still half a year away, right?

if trump can get a GOP debate audience to applaud "bush did 9/11" my life will be complete

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

"Really... no, hold on for a second, really, only an idiot would think that something so puny as a little jet fuel could possibly melt the strong steel beams that held the World Trade Center together. That can't be done. That's a loser opinion."

perfect in every way

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

stoutfish posted:

the hilary: LBJ comparisons are on point because hilary clinton also has a huge wang

is this post super pomo progressive or is it problematic

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Clinton would have been converted into fuel for Bernmentum approximately four months prior to the election, and, much like the rest of America, would not exist as a distinct individual any longer.

convert 99.99999% of Earth's mass to fuel for Bernmentum, allowing us to accelerate the remainder to relativistic speed and explore space together forever as one Bernie-race under full communism and the adoring gaze of G-d

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Milk Malk posted:

I don't know whats worse between people saying Donald Trump is literally Hitler and people saying Donald Trump is figuratively Hitler

it is literally true that donald trump is figuratively hitler

i sincerely hope that this helps

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Did you mean "Triumph of the Ill?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurBHWxYaR0

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy