Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Is there a reason to be coy about running for president? I mean in the case of Jeb Bush, He's "exploring the possibility of running for president", why not just go ahead and say, "yeah, I'm running"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

The article has been updated now with a fantastic specimen of John McCain not giving a gently caress any more.

Hahahahahaha This is gonna be a good year

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That's a really stupid thing to have written into law.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bpower posted:

Found a 58 second clip of today's speech. Its really is actual gibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzD-zqWwWc

I dont think ive seen her that incoherent, she might be a little buzzed even. "Keep your back straight and The Man can't ride ya!" . :psyduck:

she has to be drunk or high

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

I think we're all ignoring the possibility she is just very very stupid.

Yo, actually listen to the speech, she's slurring her words a lot and kinda has the verbal tic I can't quite describe. its kinda like she talks really fast and then suddenly talks slow and then back to fast.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This new candidate could win southern conservatives if it runs

I'd eat it and hell, I'd probably enjoy it too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i take back the "probably enjoy it" part of my last post

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Wasn't there a photoshop contest with him dodging as the starter?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

George W. Bush isn't the only President who can dodge a shoe on stage.

She didn't even dodge it, dude just missed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

The Hillary shoe-thrower was a woman, you sexist.

Women can be dudes joe

haven't you seen 90's classic Good Burger?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr5TR8_Zws

Listen to this you fucker

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

I've sat in there. They made us do it. One guy who refused to laugh was told he'd be asked to leave.

haha what the hell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Just noticed that the article's been updated with a later statement from Walker:

NO THEY DON'T, SCOTT

THAT IS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE ISSUE HERE

there are actual theists who believe in evolution but i know what you're really getting at, and i agree

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Heh. I conflated his Facebook posts and Tweets with those of Aaron Schock's staffer who also had to resign this week.

Though it turns out that the Bush guy also published some stuff in college about how black people needed to "pull up their baggy pants", etc.

haha were none of these people screened before they got hired

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jesus christ that banner quote

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OneTwentySix posted:

With regards to Walker, I just don't see how someone can run a presidential campaign when their home state has done so absolutely horrible economically under his leadership that they're considering missing a debt payment. Even if I was a Republican that liked all the other horrible things he's done, I can't see how someone could look at him and say, "yeah, I want that for the rest of the country." Plus the whole no-degree thing - how is this guy in any sense a viable candidate? Either one of those should make you a joke candidate.

I don't think having a degree should be a requirement to be President or Governor. Like going to College doesn't suddenly make you actually smart or qualified.

That aside, Walker is a terrible Candidate and a complete and utter idiot.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Back on Topic: Does this Giuliani thing actually have serious legs of being relevant to the primaries?

No.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

baw posted:

Politics is so loving stupid.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eschers Basement posted:

Go read the Freep thread

Don't do this, anyone

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh my god I'm new to D&D and your in-jokes but holy crap this could really be a Linklater movie

and I would watcht he poo poo out of it

youre encroaching on my territory as the Gbs mod who posts in d&d

i must break you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh wait if something happens to you we'd have to find a new mod again again, crap i gotta tell romanov to cancel the hit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SedanChair posted:

What is this. What is this. Will somebody please tell me what this look is. What is he thinking about.

he's thinking that this is the 5th or 6th picture the cameraperson has taken and he's bored out of his mind

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Not to mention the fact that actual historians have sympathized with Chamberlain's decisions since the '50s, and a good chunk seem to agree that he made the right decision not to declare war in '38.

Ain't nobody care about what them high-falutin' intellectuals think *spits tobacco juice into cistern*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kiryen posted:

Even the students refer to it (or at least the one I knew did) as : "Liberty University - where you have none."

those of us in the area generally refer to it as "that loving eyesore on the mountain"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

the first time I found myself in Lynchburg (don't even remember why I was ever there), I stood agape staring at that thing, wondering what city planner/land manager/whoever decided it would be ok for them to build that.

I went to high school with a few different people who were intelligent, well-adjusted teenagers who weren't super religious or conservative, but ended up going to Liberty because their crazy fundamentalist parents would only pay for college if they went to Liberty. Felt real bad for them :(

Yeah, that's a common thing, I know tons of people who had to choose between either Liberty to have there parents help or the Community College so they could afford it themselves.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Predictably, every single second of the Rand Paul 2016 pre-(?)announcement video is hilarious.

There's a red outline of Rand on a black background with a white tie (please let this be the campaign logo), there's positive quote from Jon Stewart, Chris Matthews, Michael Steele, and Newt Gingrich (who I'm guessing will not appear in any other candidate videos), and there's the idea of the Detroit Free Enterprise Zone and all the other Randian nonsense. Definitely worth a watch.

Rand Paul considers that tie a part of his identity; he is the tie, and the tie is he.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

site posted:

How senile do you have to be to have people clapping at your ability to kick balloons?

they worship him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

It's breaded chicken with a pickle on a bun.

i get mine without the pickle op

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the gently caress!?

i dont like pickles, hosed up but true

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aliquid posted:

Rick Perry engages in hypotheticals, spits on the sacrifices made by Our Troops:

you know, he made a perfectly good answer and came off as way better then jeb took it and then he had to keep talking

everyone always has to keep talking

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RevKrule posted:

That moment when Marco Rubio says he's down with the Wu-Tang Clan but can't name a single member. If you've ever heard of Wu-Tang, this is pretty impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku6vOZ8CR1Q

at least he didn't say Ice-Cube

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i know thats not the real name

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
um, hes got kinda droopy eyes but his nose looks fine to me, i don't know what y'all are on about

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A Tin Of Beans posted:

It is a hilarious must-see, yes.

is it just him talking or is there something for people who get bored watching people talk

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

The difference is that, since yesterday, he has been arrested and told the police that his motive was to start a race war.

its the conservative version of all those democrats wondering if elizabeth warren is gonna run or not

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sir Kodiak posted:

People demanding a full public policy platform to back up a one sentence joke accusing me of absolutism is pretty rich.

hey if you make a joke in the future maybe think about making it good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Hard hitting discussion of two adults saying stuff like "you're gay" and "no you're gay" using more words.

4chan grew up :unsmith:\

other possible websites i could have used: gamefaqs, the cartoon network message boards, gbs

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

So did I miss one, or is Jeb! the only one that isn't pushing for a constitutional amendment?

im pretty sure lindsey graham said that "we should respect the judges decision" but i might be hallucinating

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Peztopiary posted:

It probably should though. A refreshingly honest and candid self-assessment would be great. You just need to make sure to run down other countries at the end. "...no matter how terrible we are, we're still better than everybody else. Thank you and goodnight." In the case of the US it has the advantage of being true.

honesty and politics dont really mix very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

Coping with the death of your child is extremely difficult and, at the time, what Santorum did was recommended practice according to the American Pregnancy Association.

It's weird and difficult to understand, but insulting Santorum for how he reacted to his dead child is extremely petty. Call him out on something else.

have you ever heard the phrase "Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded"? if not google it, look at the first result, and then realize you are fighting a losing battle

• Locked thread