Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Joementum posted:

We're shaping up to have a week of Southern state primaries in March, with Texas and Florida already on the 1st, Louisiana on the 5th, Alabama and Mississippi on the 8th, and Georgia looking to move to the 1st.

I wish more regions would do this. Ideally 8-10 different regions holding primaries, separated by 2-4 weeks in between each region. It'd make campaigns a LOT easier and organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Given the split within the Democratic ranks on the CRomnibus I think we may need a new thread title

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

First Jeb, now Mitt, looks like Republicans who are terrified about the governmental inaction on climate change actually have a candidate to vote for.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

So Hillary, in a shady midnight tweet, caves in to public pressure and asks the State Dept. to review and release her e-mails. Not exactly the best showing of political will/leadership here.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

So, I'm an Iowan that is currently Independent, not currently eligible to participate in either the Republican or Democratic caucuses. I'm pretty much a centrist who has yet to see any candidate that I care for yet. The last presidential candidate that I felt feelings stronger than "meh" for was Jon Huntsman, R-Utah. I think that the fact that we could have Bush v Clinton for our next presidential election is about as damning a statement as you could possibly have on how broken the process we have for producing viable candidates for President. There's almost zero chance that a meritocratic selection process would choose a third Bush and a second Clinton for the nation to choose from.

Is there any strategy that I can take to try to un-gently caress this situation? Can anyone make a compelling argument why I should register as Republican vs Democrat to participate in caucuses to either promote a worthy candidate, or to try to sabotage the candidacy of a particularly evil person? (there's going to be a hell of a lot of them)

Barring a Democrat challenging Hillary by trying to steal Iowa early, no not really. Bush is probably among the least evil of the realistic GOP candidates in IA, so even sabotaging him won't help your main goal.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

NBC is backing up parts of Hersh's story on the death of UBL. How much is this going to damage Hillary's candidacy?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Later on it says 66% still haven't decided who they'd vote for which is rather burying the lede in the poll

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Al! posted:

It doesn't have to be true, trump has said it and if he somehow loses Florida he will use it to take everything down with him

And that would be different from him winning FL how...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Prorat posted:

These polls mean nothing and are propaganda to get people to vote not trump in the primaries. Stop posting them.

lol yes, noted anti-Trump propaganda outlet CNN

• Locked thread