Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
smart tv, huh? heh, i don't even own a smart :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

PuTTY riot posted:

'siri, play the next episode of wilfred on netflix'

i need to do this

except for the siri part i guess

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

watching media is morally bankrupt so the sooner every TV and movie studio goes belly up the better off society will be

oops tv is gone, time to catch up on my reading

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

well ther is like 70 years or so of TV programming already in existence

well

I guess I could see what's on netflix

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

rotor posted:

you know I had the exact same issues with media in the 80s as I do now and nobody was pirating movies then so this line of reasoning sucks poo poo, imho

at least in the 80s, ads weren't a vector for malware

advertisers, please make sure your ads aren't actively trying to ruin my computer

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I will subsist in high quality netflix originals

pagancow posted:

actually, if you were to sell a smart TV you would put together focus groups first and show them the product before you dumped a ton of money into it. Once you determined that consumers want said product you scale your marketing budget accordingly from what you found out in those focus tests.

well if this is true then how do they keep finding focus groups who like slow, lovely, smart tv UIs

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

pagancow posted:

idk consumer brain likes new things

well yes because of advertising, are you sure you understand how ads work

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I think a general awareness of the bullshit of capitalism and critical thinking regarding things too ushered on by the Internet has independently changed the landscape

but you can't avoid the effect of volume advertising. I mean when I see an ad for KFC all it does it flick that brain clit I've got associated with the first taste of it and I want KFC and it has little to do with the specific product KFC are advertising I just want fried chicken godfamn it and this works I know on me because seeing some KFC rubbish on the ground has this effect I am a worthless consumer someone wake me up when we can pirate food

KFC advertising works on me too, it makes me want to go to Popeye's

PuTTY riot posted:

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now!

no job? dead-end job? looking to turn your career around? call 1 (800) 588-2300 empire today and apply it directly to the forehead. no C.O.D.s

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

impractical jokers is the best TV show and Q tweeted that he doesn't care if you torrent it
so....

but how does murr feel about it

pagancow posted:

so people with health conditions and substance abuse issues are now at the same mental level as children?

has TV broke your brain or what

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

yeah like his opinion matters

aww, poor little ferret-faced dude

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

he doesn't seem
to fit in like the others
sal and q do a podcast I need to check
it out "what say you"

neat, i will mention the podcast to the folks i watch the show with

i think murr fits in fine. but i bet we can agree on this:

joe is a dick, and it is hilarious

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

rotor posted:

he doesn't have to do anything

die

...eventually

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

pagancow posted:

You'll magically see it conform to an sRGB gamma curve and denoising and sharpening gets turned off.

well no, i wouldn't see that, i'd just see that the picture looked different. not anything about denoising the sharpening curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

pagancow posted:

every time i see parts of any broadcast big budget tv show i cant help but laugh at how bad its written, or the production issues that force them to stay in the same 3 sets.

right! so quit blocking ads for the bread so we can keep getting more of this high-quality circus. that's some good bread and circus

• Locked thread