Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Carter posted:

I know this gets posted about once a month in YVCPOS but is it possible to just get a goddamn screen with zero features without paying through the nose for 'digital signage' models?

I did this. $400 for a 40" 1080p
and the default setting is no features. u can do a few colour things but that's it

it's a mish mash brand the warehouse in nz makes from other manufacturers parts so the 39" might be totally different from the 40"
but I am very pleased with lack of bleeding at edge and viewing angle well it's like looking at a painting in that regard I'm very very pleased for $400

can't remember name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PuTTY riot posted:

is there Netflix in nZ?

u can use torrents

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
torrents don't contain metadata

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

i have a shamsung smort tv and it updates a lot. it was the best deal at the time i bought it but boy do i wish it wasn't smart.

disconnect from Internet?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

and then cry when their show gets canceled

"but it was sooo good? why did it have to go away???"

*torrents everything*

watching media is morally bankrupt so the sooner every TV and movie studio goes belly up the better off society will be

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

then im sure you just get old ads repeated forever that it was able to download when it was plugged in

Internet in TV. not even once

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well ther is like 70 years or so of TV programming already in existence

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
atv3 literally battles freedom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phoning It In posted:

um i think you mean that episode of family matters where carl winslow & steve urkel go back in time to a pirate ship

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

lol you guys still dont get it

if you aren't part of the revenue stream, why should anybody cater to you?

because they should count themselves fuckin lucky to be born into a world where they are allowed to make poo poo for us to watch, and not into a Jewish household in 1930s Germany

they should count themselves lucky that we choose to watch their poo poo. getting paid to do what they do is a cherry on top they should be grateful for but instead they treat it as is their god drat birth right to get paid to produce the fuckin trash that they do

they're fuckin garbage men picking up old dog food cans and sticking them to a Burger King wrapper and calling it "media" and then having the arrogance to expect people to pay them for it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think a general awareness of the bullshit of capitalism and critical thinking regarding things too ushered on by the Internet has independently changed the landscape

but you can't avoid the effect of volume advertising. I mean when I see an ad for KFC all it does it flick that brain clit I've got associated with the first taste of it and I want KFC and it has little to do with the specific product KFC are advertising I just want fried chicken godfamn it and this works I know on me because seeing some KFC rubbish on the ground has this effect I am a worthless consumer someone wake me up when we can pirate food

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
impractical jokers is the best TV show and Q tweeted that he doesn't care if you torrent it
so....

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deacon of Delicious posted:

but how does murr feel about it

yeah like his opinion matters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
he doesn't seem
to fit in like the others
sal and q do a podcast I need to check
it out "what say you"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

pharmaceuticals is one of those things you should never look into because it's a never ending spiral of horror that will legit make you more depressed and upset the more you look at the development, marketing, and distribution of drugs

"Want to quit smoking!? Try Chantix!*"

*Chantix was originally developed as an mild anti-depressant for PTSD treatment, but unfortunately it caused a non-insignificant number of its patients to kill themselves. It was also discovered it helped some people quit smoking. So it was rebranded as a quit-smoking drug

you'll be right. that's what I tell people when they ask about side effects

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my TV owns it was $400

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://search.thewarehouse.co.nz/m/product/Veon-40-Inch-Full-HD-LED-LCD-TV-VN4018LED%3bsid=9io2oTxb8Xs3oWg8954pqyz3PFnxQryYKWg=?SKU=1865918

that's my TV

it's great

it's a monotremes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love entourage

best TV is impractical jokers how can someone not cry laughing at it?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mine is veon brnad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my veon TV required 0 janitoring and looks great

the sound is fuckin trash but I don't use it
SO....

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004