Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Never forget the Star Wars + cape comic influence. This is the final act of Empire Strikes Back, setting us up for a few months timeskip/montage before chapter 300, where Return of the Jedi takes us out to 450 and either a real finale or at least the end of what Horikoshi had originally planned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know what's Shonen Jump and not but Demon Slayer and Hunter x Hunter are the top 'It's called hard work' manga I can think of.

I'm still waiting on Dragon ball Z going full genetics and just having Goku give his friends blood transfusions so they also get S-cell powerboosts.

I think Kenichi had that "hard work" ideal mostly, not that they really nailed the execution as it went on.

Sub Harrison posted:

I do like the idea of Deku gaining multiple quirks from OfA. It'll be a good parallel to AfO where Deku's been entrusted with all his quirks while Shiggy's using a stolen collection.

All Might showed that unlocking the full potential of even one of the One for All aspects turns you into a demigod capable of destroying cities, unlocking all of them is a substantial escalation from merely being a walking tactical nuke.

I still think the most cathartic ending is while Shigaraki keeps acquiring personal power and his small team of supervillians, Deku will come to realize that his personal power isn't important (contrary to common shonen rules I know). I am confident that trope wise Hori is taking this in the direction where in the end Deku discovers how to split the power and pass it to his friends to create a globe protecting justice league. Its easy to see that while the current struggle to master just a sliver of the quirk now can be extrapolated to "OfA currently is more power than any one person can utilize in an entire lifetime", and I think is related to the quirk singularity they keep bringing up. We already had the precedent of the 'embers' that were left when deku received it whole, so how about he passes some bonfires in reverse? Especially if combined with passing some of the extra quirks in tandem.

I feel its a certain outcome since the western comic inspiration is very heavy on The Team vs big bad.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Hatsume is going to have a lot of work cyborging up all the victims.

And then obviously Miriko is going to retire from front line work to become a UA combat trainer while she recovers and regains her full power.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
All Might's 100% in his prime is still far ahead of Deku's 100%. Old wounded and wearing weights All Might can casually destroy city blocks during training. Prime Might was a walking tactical nuke.

But really the %'s are powerlevel BS that doesn't have any actual consistency.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Funky Valentine posted:

Katsuki: lovely DEKU YOUR POWER IS SO loving STUPID. I loving HATE YOU SO MUCH STOP USING IT.

Scream it from the rooftops, he's not wrong.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Jose posted:

i understand where he's coming from but lol you can read the newest chapters for free

I think the point is he’s the one doing all the work so you can read the chapters for free. And yet twitter trolls start to get mad at him for being slower or even harass him about work he would be starting the next day.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Lt. Lizard posted:

The 4th OfA user has a quirk that allows him to tap into quirk singularity and Deku uses it to blast AfO with power of every single person with quirk on the planet, killing AfO for good, while simultaneously erasing all quirks.

As long as the moment is powered by singing and/or love and shouting

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Brandon Sanderson’s Reconners trilogy is a pretty well done YA novel about supers gone bad and how hard it is to kill them. Plus it’s not as dark as a lot of comics (eg the boys) try to be. Despite being YA fiction by a devout Mormon there is a lot of murder and justification for murdering rather than imprisoning bad guys so it’s a trip from expectations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Really, Kubo Tite could have made it big just doing shonen anime Zoolander with all sort of jojo-esque fashion battles and runways. Would have played to his strengths.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Pretty easy bet to take on Eri using the last of her stockpile to rewind Midoriya (as the lead) and Miriko (as the author favorite) or maybe Miriko's arm is gone for good and she's just the best new instructor at UA for the rest of the series.

But otherwise feels like we're going to dial back the stakes a bit so the kids can have some school year of non-world threatening shenanigans.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The real world solution to moral conundrums like this is and always has been capital punishment. We as a society have just moved away from it toward a more enlightened stance because we don't have bandits, pirates, and raiding armies prancing about the world anymore. Modern day capital punishments are rare and more performative than functional which is why when they so commonly execute an innocent man due to poor evidence it stands out as abhorrent. All for One is no longer a citizen needing to be judicially punished

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rhonne posted:

If this doesn't get Deku's dad to at least make a concerned phone call, then I don't know what it will take to get his attention.

Deku just punched his dads adopted son a bunch? I think they're gonna have to remain estranged...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Instead of sharp lightning crackles it becomes a smooth goku full body ki

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
More ammo for my theory that Deku is going to learn to split OFA and give different aspects of it away to kick off MHA justice league.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Smalmight is wholesome because he puts in the effort to become a good teacher now that he can't punch good no more.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah that is far cleaner and more coherent, going to be a fun fight to see animated.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Kanos posted:

Yeah, at least the series calls it out, but I'm really curious how something so obviously flawed and dumb(and not to mention probably REALLY EXPENSIVE, to boot, based on the talk about the robots during the AFO prison break sequence) became the entry test for the most prestigious and important hero school in the country.

I assume the robot expense is covered by one of the quirks of the staff, just like how cementos is the only reason they can destroy fake city blocks for free day in and day out.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If you keep escalating with no resolution you just get Bleach. Do you want Bleach?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah its a real thing with martial arts, just not so cinematic

The "Fa Jin" in this case was punching through an entire office building, in a single explosive burst so it was a penetrating movement rather than an impulse. Like knifeblade vs palmslam.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

RatHat posted:

...How? Would she even be born yet?

Time Travel. Obviously. The next arc...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Milk is a terrible drink to represent Midoriya. It builds bones that are harder to break. :v:

It, in fact, does not. The milk industry poisoned like all of america's collective brain in the 70's. Now its just a common misconception.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think the downside of that is to use it well Overhaul's quirk required a huge amount of practice and somewhat in depth knowledge of the human body. Maybe i'm just imagining it but didn't Overhaul acquire that talent with it by not worrying about the results on the earlier victims? Accidently killing a few dozen yakuza underlings for practice isn't something Monoma can do.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'd rather a balance where Bakugo takes the final fight and has one of his characteristic style emphatic talking too, but that the final moment is Ochako really getting him to come to terms with this using compassion and empathy. And maybe a little 'we can't do this together for the rest of our lives if you destroy yourself' type wholesomeness.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Mostly just tepid though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Koichi becomes the biggest hero of all: A loving father

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Stain lives half naked in a barrel and dispenses wisdom, he is Diogenes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Native American's getting replaced by cowboys is one of the core problems in the first place.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Punished Deku

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Hori got a taste of the good stuff with Mirko, now he's speedrunning the rest of the series so he can draw large buff women forevermore.

If I get more characters like Mirko and Noi this decade I will be glad of it. Fewer lame skinny highschoolers would be nice.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You say Run/Jet set Run are great backing tracks as long as it’s something good being displayed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Ok is he seeing the souls of his dying friends while he's dying? I'm very confused and none of this seems to make sense. What even is his power up besides punch harder. I'm on board with it because its good but its still feeling like an rear end pull resolution.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Blaze Dragon posted:

They realized they could make far more money with non-canon movies than a good anime so the anime stopped mattering. It's a sad state of affairs, but also it's not like there was a lot of good left to adapt anyways.

I suspect this is why Horoikoshi wants to just end it, he's probably sick of how his story's been abused too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Punch the baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Eggplant Squire posted:

If you read it left to right it's like he stomped the evil baby after gloating about doing it

The better ending.