Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Good series so far. Hopefully the Jump mandate won't gently caress this one over like the rest of this year's new entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That but the re-tool is always into crap.

I can't think of one series that went from idea A to "Dragonball with X" without turning to poo poo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So they're trying to ice All-Might because He inspires people to be heroes? or was that just something Deku thought and dismissed (IE: "Like I'd know!")?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Gravity Girl's gameface half way through chapter 22.

This comic is just wonderful :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It slays me how Bakugou thought the problem was being pretentious about the rank of his Explosion Murder

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Annointed posted:

Bombadevil. See it can be heroic explode demons or villounous cause it has devil in it.

Bomblastic and/or Explosivo.

Heck, the latter has the option for some really good subnames: The Kicker of Elves or The Angel Crusher. :black101:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 10, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Level Slide posted:

I forgot actual Americans already shown up

If Gash Bell has taught me anything, those are Italians.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wait, is that Bakugou?! :haw:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy! This is gonna be a riot! :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
There's no pain like thinking you ran into a Froppy cosplayer and she's actually Sheego.

Did the japanese Poll really go like that? With Naruto and Zoo (and the author himself) getting votes?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This week's chapter of Hero Academia comes with FANSERVICE (TM).

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/570610

Awwwww hell yeah.

...Oh...OH I GET IT!

God, I feel like an idiot.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, isn't the excuse he's like a Fighter in a world of very squishy (Like AD&D Max HP of 3) wizards?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey we get to hear the characters from the Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5JkuRCJD0

Plus Ultra.

Gotta love them "being inspired" by the Marvel Studios flip book in the BG and the Typography. Someone had fun in the office that day.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm not sure how I didn't notice before, but the last chapter made me realise that aside from relatively small spots like the attack at USJ and Stain, the entire series has been effectively nothing but training arc after training arc. It makes perfect sense consider the main cast are students, as opposed to everything else which seems to make them students because money, and Horikoshi makes it work amazingly well. It just strikes me as amazingly funny how a manga dedicated almost exclusively to the thing that in every other series gets people ridiculously mad and annoyed managed to get as popular as it did.

It's that crazy little thing known as writing, my friend.

It helps that the enemy isn't on their loving door step ready to have Tokyo get eaten by Rabbit Titans in a pg-13 remake of AoT and the last bit of Blood +

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Terper posted:

It's Tsuyu

That'd kill the comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It'd be a brilliant heel-turn that would shock and infuriate like the whole fanbase probably more than if Uraraka ended up getting fridged in homage to American comic female leads.

Yeah, sure, but Grudgefucking the audience like that is the sort of low class work that the Nisekoi guy does.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pierson posted:

That's the one where two rival mafia children have to pretend to be married with wwwWWWaaaccCCkkkkYYYyyy consequences right? What happened?

Not a drat thing because it's a bog standard shonen jump comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Peel posted:

If Deku dies, it reverts to All Might & he is restored to full health and vigour. This is his masterplan.

That doesn't even begin to make sense.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just watch, it's gong to turn out that the mole is an actual Mole with a Humanizing Quirk like the principal.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

"BEHOLD, the Underminer! I'm always beneath YOU, but NOTHING is beneath ME! I hereby declare war on peace and happiness! Soon, ALL will tremble before me!"

drat you, Monty! We trusted you and your C64 rendition of Devil's Galop!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

I'm going to assume there's a reference here I'm not getting, but hey, nice gesture by the mangaka.

Gameface Ochako is the best gravity girl.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

does a subscription come with a back-catalog as well

Nope. You also have to download Nisekoi, Black Clover, this new Boruto pap when that arrives to fart up the roster and World Border which takes the value proposition through a table.

I'd rather buy the GN's.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See, they might be able to pull off the same (World Trigger) "We wern't prepared and we lost a whole bunch of people both as POWs and Fatalities!" gag without the added "Let's do the SAME poo poo and hope that works the second time they try to invade! Because gently caress action in a comic book anthology that is primary dominated by Male Focued Action comics" Nonsense.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ether or.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

That's actually more of a Bobobo kinda face.
Dabi's power is some sort of weird variation on fire I think; his name literally translates to "Cremation".

Yeah, I give it about even odds.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jose posted:

i see that after having his last 2 mangas cancelled horikoshi is getting revenge and ending this one early by killing the main character

Please don't joke about that.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Deku gives Kouta a strand of his hair before dying from his wounds. Bakugou and maybe one other classmate are the only survivors of this attack. Kouta takes up the role of All Might's successor, walking off into the setting sun with the other two in order to one day get revenge on the villain alliance.

End Prolouge
Something tells me that you don't set up a big media blitz for who's playing what in the cartoon and the TCG only to off 3/4 of the cast three weeks later.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Wow, this is sort of dark:

Translation is purportedly something to the effect of:

"Why did that winged Noumu grab Midoriya instead of anyone else!?"

If that kid looks familiar:

I wonder if he's just making a joke or something because :catstare:

I don't get it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

LostRook posted:

She sounds a little croaky, like she's got a frog in her throat. I could've toad you she would sound like that when I first saw her. I'm just glad the VA is willing to kermit to the part.

Those puns are villainous :cripes:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

It's the Gundam Build Fighters staff with BONES's famously consistent production quality behind them. I'm not worried about this show looking good.

GBF or GBF Try? This is important

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Re-reading the first half of the manga kinda makes Todoroki actually agreeing to work with him kinda gross because honestly Endeavor should be in prison.

Gettin shat on by any authority figure long enough will do that.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Like I said, listed in the French streaming announcement. Might just be a minimum placeholder, though. No way to tell until we get it from the source.

I mind some other french place mentioning that sort of ep count for another big show or another (not that I can mind the name of it right now) and it turned into a two season show.

That said, this is far preferable to "One or two Seasons of story and then four of some dumb filler no one cares about" of everything up to and including World Trigger.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
He's probably going to get thrown under the bus too. I just see that happening for some reason.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Gyges posted:

Quirks are X genes and the world of My Hero Academia takes place in the far future after Professor Xavier succeeded in getting homo sapiens sapiens and homo sapiens superior to live in harmony.

Remember that the world of quirks officially starts with a baby born glowing, which doesn't mean people didn't have non-obvious from birth powers before.

I always thought it was just Homo Sapian and Homo Superior?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Radish posted:

Part of me thinks that the idea of Deku and Bakugou having their situations reversed where the other has the OP power and the other has nothing was planned from very early on. Not sure how I feel about that but if it is the case I kinda hope that Bakugou becomes the Batman styled quirkless hero that people thought Deku was going to originally be. Him going gently caress YOU I'LL DO THIS ANYWAY seems better than temporarily losing his power and learning a lesson about humility.
He'll do many a thing but getting out of this with a sense of Humility is probably a stretch.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 12, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well, he'd be that guy from Men in Black, wouldn't he?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Tommy Lee Jones?

Jeebs. The dood who'd keep having his head blown off and having to regenerate it.

DrSunshine posted:

You guys are smoking something, the dub sounded great! They sound pretty much exactly how they sound in my mind when I read the manga! But maybe it's because I didn't watch the anime first?

The probelm is I always read the comic with the Gurren Lagann dub cast, more or less, so unless Funi were willing to blow the bank to get Yuri Lowenthal as Deku and then raid Ft. Knox for Hynden Walch as Ochako then it wasn't going to meet expectations.

Hearing Justin Briner as Cloud in FF7MA helped for Deku, though.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 6, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well next week we're getting his Evil Face so that'll probably set the bar for Iida shinanigins.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 8, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mikl posted:

Aizen Azami Nakiri.

Who, in spite of being clearly out of his gord is still;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If AM's number is up I get the feeling he's gonna go out like Optimus Prime did in Transformers The movie, ie: Take 1FA out but be put on his death bed from the effort.