Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Why did Deku's toe shine in the very first chapter as if it was about to activate? It seems weird to just have that just to introduce the reason behind mutant powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kyte posted:

Jesus christ Kacchan. :stare:

hah, he's just a sweaty hothead

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AfroSquirrel posted:

Tsuyu's the best though. She'd better not croak!

kero

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Alder posted:

I liked T&B and still sad they never got sequel for the anime. However does this feature long-winded battles which may or may not take up multiple chapters at a time? Because I don't have time for that :v:

For example, I liked Magi before it got all stuck with the flashbacks and annoying MAGIC battles featuring OP skills that never seem to work 100% to take out enemies. There's only so many special attacks I can take before I just wish I never started reading this.

Well those long winded fights generally start popping up towards the middle and end of a series lifetime, so there's no 100% guarantee that Academia will end up the same way since it still hasn't even cleared 50 chapters. But what we have so far has been pretty nice and concise.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Manic Mongoose posted:

One-Punch Man is set in the far flung future where the All for One quirk has transferred to Saitama after countless generations

And that's how it ends: not with a bang, but because it can no longer be passed down through his hair.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Torquemadras posted:

Something I just noticed: did Todoroki's design change significantly since his introduction in the bomb defense trial? I just checked the older chapters, and half his body was encased in ice back then, like some sort of ice golem. Now, he just looks like a normal dude. Was that ever explained, or did the author just quietly change it?

I gotta say, what initially drew me to this manga was the great designs and expressions for pretty much everyone - I can immediately spot Deku and explosion dude, not to mention all the mutants. The girls are easily discernible, too - in fact, the creation girl at first only stood out because she seemed to be the only NORMAL one. So I'm not much of a fan of Todoroki. He's... got a burn scar, and a pretty expressionless face. Not a fan. Also that hardening dude, who seems to have no features whatsoever until he uses his power... Oh well.

I really hope Uraraka wins, her power is loads of fun & it's always fun to see explosion dude get taken down a peg!

He creates the ice half specifically for his superhero outfit.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Soylentbits posted:

I want Bakugou to win and then just challenge Deku for the hell of it. Also presumably all of Bakugou's liquids have the possibility to explode.

Bakugou's final climax of the story will be igniting his entire body in one giant kamikaze attack to save the world.

The explosion will billow upwards like the most defiant of middle fingers.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

together, they fight crime.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

they held onto flip phones for so long because they thought smart phones lacked security features and revealed too much personal info

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TriffTshngo posted:

Bakugou coming to Yuuei and being around a bunch of other kids with strong quirks or "heroic willpower" or what have you really changed the guy. After that first loss to Midoriya he still put on the loud, abrasive, no-fucks-given persona, which I'm sure is still mostly genuine, but he started actually paying attention to the others and has turned into the most hyper-observant student in Class A. He's way sharper than those first 10 chapters would have you believe. Obviously he's gonna notice Midoriya aping his moves but whenever he sees something outrageous happen with one of the others, he just sort of silently takes note of it. Sometimes while grinding his teeth. Chapter 1 Bakugou probably would've just said "pfft whatever gently caress that guy I'm the best" and explodopunched a wall or something.

Bakugou is literally doing the same exact thing deku is doing to him: copying the gently caress out of his MO and it's hilarious

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Honestly I've always thought Trigger was the perfect studio to do the MHA anime. The manga's style just screams the same aesthetics they love to do. All they'd have to do is keep Imaishi in a cage to make sure he doesn't plague it with his tendencies imo.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SwissArmyDruid posted:

...really? Because MHA just *screams* Imaishi to me.

edit: Or maybe it's because I can't separate Imaishi from Trigger in my head.

I meant to say take him out of the cage just for the action scenes in the original post, but that got cut for some reason, but yeah, that's what I meant.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imagine how hard it would be to operate on invisigirl

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JD posted:

Girl Deku is pretty cute

"Deko"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

KittyEmpress posted:

So kinda unrelated, but I thought some people here might be interested, but I just posted a PbP recruit for Masks, Powered by the Apocalypse superhero game.

For setting I took a few cues from MHA. Though more from T&B

Figured I'd post here since I know some people don't go to Trad Games but might maybe be interested?

what is t&b

e: oh, tiger and bunny. I thought that was whatever game system was being used (even though you already said powered by Apocalypse™)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TriffTshngo posted:

Wreathe thyself in the pitchest black

Drown in the darkness

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Say Nothing posted:

That doesn't sound hygienic.

rip shimoneta

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Peel posted:

Yeah if I was going to pick one thing about the Japanese comic industry that is unquestionably superior to its American counterpart it would be that everything isn't mired in the slurry of The Jump Universe or whatever.

Yeah, imagine a world where for example, Naruto, gets constantly sequel'd and spinoff'd by different mangaka, it'd be immensely hosed up huh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wouldn't be super surprised if Aizawa was the traitor.
Not sure why, just a feeling.

this panel in particular

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

smh at all the nonbelievers who dont even follow the douj scene

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dont be rude to potatoes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Only Friday is worth mention, and only then if JoJo airs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shugojin posted:

Probably he just fires the rest of the way out of the ground.

Obviously he's immune to the power when underground since there's no line of sight.

what if he was passing through a prism

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyges posted:

It seems like it would need to be more than just a solar plexus shot, since the whole class was taken out with one shot and several of them have quirks or training to make them tougher than that.

No one expects or can really defend against a sucker punch STRAIGHT to the stomach

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is a photoshop btw.

Yea there's a distinct possibility it was drawn entirely in photoshop

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kyte posted:

Bubble girl looks more interesting in color, what with the blue skin and stuff.
Here's the original design, btw.

Incidentally, the wiki had her quirk (I assume translated from pixiv)

I'm not sure how you can use that as a superhero.
Crowd control, I guess?

you obviously haven't smelled mustard gas before

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyges posted:

Does Nighteye see the future for 1 hour, or is he able to predict what you'll do for 1 hour?

Becomes the ultimate tsukkomi

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Obviously deku just needs to go so fast that not even he can predict where he will land

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The chapter ends with him accidentally careening out the window and passing because sir thought it was funny as heck

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NecroMonster posted:

It's extremely difficult to "out speed" a precog, as things like reaction speed effectively don't matter. You've got to out speed the nerve impulses themselves.

I really really doubt Deku can manage that sort of speed. All Might in his prime very probably couldn't do it.

deku runs at increidbly hihg sspeed

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eej posted:

Enecoo is cool as heck cause not only is he a really good artist but he subverts everything by being a jacked Muslim Pashtun drawing cute things.

like half the people who draw aggressively cute things are like that

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that's defiantly not true

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Grouchio posted:

I do wonder if Deku is going to be rendered as an invalid before he turns 18 at this rate. God I hope not, he'd better turn around from his funk and put his analytics to good use.

yes i too wonder if a shonen manga will effectively kill off its main character from the story prematurely as if that would ever be a thing that happens

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

way back at the start of this thread, someone said that they'd totally be down with filler-y shounen content from hero academy because of how goofy it could get and that hits that post 100%

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/851998498199404545

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He gon die

Tho if hes done all the penciling during storyboarding and all thats left is inking then thats a bit less involved.

He still gon die tho

yeah everyone does that

die, that is

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:thinking:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ochako's quirk has the same activation requirement and I believe she sleeps with gloves on to prevent herself from accidentally triggering them at night.

it'd be different for shigaraki considering he'd just disintegrate the gloves. he'd have to wear like individual finger gloves haha