Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh man, teach got a sick burn on Bakugou, I swear you could hear his teeth grinding when he said "I know."

JFC Uraraka is fuckin' adorable, just so much enthusiasm in that girl. :3:

Also, nice nickname for Iida there. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I'd rather have IG or Madhouse do it at least five years from now.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

MrCinos posted:

You are probably right, aside from handyman/voidman there's only bulky brain villain who seems to be in some sort of a spotlight so far.

---
Nice expressions:

and such faithful depiction of Grapeboy...

Grapeboy will always be there to ogle the nearest butt and/or breasts. I love just how utterly blasé he is about it. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Why was Grapeboy so fascinated by the thought of Tsuyu secreting her poison? There's nothing remotely sexy about that.

It's more about a girl's "secretions" in general. :quagmire:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

One thing I thought of is that each hand could change a different physical property of what it touches. Like one hand makes things hot, another makes them cold, one makes things malleable, the other makes them brittle, gas, liquid, solid, and so on. But while that would be a cool power it would probably be way too powerful.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Allarion posted:

I actually like that he got that moment to voice his thoughts, since my initial impression was that he was gonna be the kid who goes villain. Course, it could still happen but it's less sure now. In general, I actually like how that whole class has been introduced and developed even though most of the focus is on Deku.

Are you kidding? It's obvious that Iida is going to turn villain first! After all:

He's quite EVIL!! :moreevil:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Soylentbits posted:

Hand guy seems to believe that All Might is a murderous rear end in a top hat that just happens to be popular. He also treats one of his hands like they're his father's. So do his hands belong to family members? Can he use their powers that way? Did All Might kill hand guy's father? Did All Might's predecessor do it? Will they answer these questions in the middle of a beach arc?

Hands will show up in the beach arc and challenge All Might and the kids to a volleyball match with just him and portal guy on the villain team.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

cyrus_zane posted:

So perhaps less of a Kung-fu death grip and more a touch of death? Something like a rapid decay ability perhaps?

Or whatever he touches becomes incredibly brittle.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

I'm really getting the impression that the 'Sensei' is the detective that was chatting to All Might at the end.

Errrr, why exactly? :confused:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

I like Ashido, the bug-ish looking girl with the black eyes. She hasn't had much screen time (well she has, sorta) or done much, but she looks cool. Tsuyu is probably my favorite characterization wise, of the kids at least. All Might is the best overall though.

Yeah, she's pretty cool looking and I want to see what she can do, what little characterization she as had so far makes her look like a really fun character. And yeah, Tsuyu's deadpan way of doing stuff like thwacking grape boy upside the head without even looking is just great.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Kyte posted:

I'll just keep using Icy Hot because it's easier to remember.

He needs to get some electrical powers somehow, then he can be an Icy Hot Stunta.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

:agreed:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Awesome chapter.

I too am liking Bakugou's character development, he might be an rear end but he respects others once they prove themselves.

I'm also really liking Uraraka, she's smart and ambitious and it absolutely kills her when she loses like that, her parents are also really sweet. :unsmith:

And Deku's line to Endeavor was badass, I like how while he is definitely intimidated by Endeavor he still stands up and speaks his mind.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

THE DETERMINED MAN WHO WAS DEFEATED BY IZUKI VS THE MAN WHO WON IZUKU AND BEGAN TO LOST HIMSELF!

:what:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If All Might's true form is All Skel, then One For All is pumping up his muscles. This makes sense to me. It does sound like emaciated form wasn't always so emaciated.

It says right there that it's his pride in being the symbol of peace that pumps his body up, so if Deku does not become the symbol of peace his body won't pump up, simple! :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Oh man, I just had a idea, what if Uraraka uses her powers to enhance equipment? Like make giant guns and such weightless and recoilless? Basically I just had a picture in my head of Uraraka dual wielding giant weightless miniguns with a weightless but nearly impenetrable suit of battle armor on. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

chumbler posted:

Who is the other trainee with Yaoyorozu? I don't recognize her. I'm guessing someone from class B?

Her name is Kendou Itsuka and is indeed from class B. She likes to rub the steel skin dude with the ridiculous name on the head which greatly annoys him. :3:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wasn't it Momonaga or whatever his name was that she pat on the head? The copycat guy?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/Ch-042--And-Now--The-Finals?id=229066

There was also this fancomic, which takes it to a new level.

Yeah, you're right, I misremembered who she patted.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

lowercase16 posted:

What the gently caress is this? I seriously almost threw up when I scrolled down to it.

Future Deku. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Sero could've used his tape to avoid breathing in Midnight's sleeping gas the same way Mineta did.

I mean, not indefinitely, but he could certainly cover up his mouth and nose, attack, retreat, tear off, re-apply, etc.

Maybe a big air bag woven out of tape?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

But Aizawa said that they will be doing both strength & stamina training along with developing their quirks? Won't the strength & stamina training help Deku?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

How can a person be made of pizza rolls?

They could be a goon. :shrug:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey we get to here the characters from the Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5JkuRCJD0

Plus Ultra.

Uraraka's voice is higher than I had in mind, but I guess it will grow on me. Iida sounds like he has a proper stick up his rear end, as it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Possession or shapeshifting, I'd guess. Power copying is already taken.

Doesn't seem like a very useful power for her, to be honest. Girl doesn't exactly have the sort of personality you'd want for an infiltrator.

That depends on exactly how it works. For instance if her quirk copies both the appearance and mind of the target it could be used to get information, or good for spying as a sort of sleeper agent. Or if the power copies both the target's appearance and their quirk that could be really powerful.