Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I have a feeling that this is going to be the fight where All Might runs out of time in the middle of the battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think Endeavor expects Shouto to continue on her creepy eugenics program? You think he already filled out a list of which of his classmates have a comparable quirk for his eventual grandchildren?

"Alright son, no dating the invisible one, how are you supposed to give me a #1 hero if they can't even have their picture taken? And no frog kids either!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This chapter is great. I hope they actually escape with Bakugou and he doesn't just get captured again.

Also really looking forward to that All Might spinoff. I hope it's about his rise to fame.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The way I took that scene was that anybody else in the rescue group and there would be a second hesitation before Bakugo acted as with everybody else in the group there is some complications. With Kirishima there is no such issue because for the first time in a while Bakugou has somebody who he considers a friend and not a lackey or Deku.

I think another reason why Deku planned it out this way is so Bakugou would have to save himself. Bakugou would be pissed if say, Iida ran by and grabbed him as fast as he could. This way, Bakugou got to use his own powers to get himself out of this situation, so his pride probably won't take as much of a hit.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How many episodes are left in the anime?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He still doesn't know that Izuku has inherited All Might's powers right? I wonder how All for One will react to that news.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I have a feeling that this is going to be the fight where All Might runs out of time in the middle of the battle.

I wish I wasn't right. :ohdear:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Deku eventually got some kind of "super" form that let him use One for All more easily, but I doubt it'll be some big muscly form like All Might.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This chapter is so good and I'm so scared for what happens next. :ohdear:

Win All Might!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also, All Might's teacher seems pretty cool and I hope we get to see more of her in his spinoff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Alectai posted:

Yeah, my money's on All Might survives, but his arm that he's winding up melts from his final burst of One for All, which also burns out his remaining reserve he has of it, forcing him to retire fulltime. He may or may not atomize All For One in the process, but he'll certainly drive him off.

If All Might ends up blowing his own arm off from using his power, I wonder what affect that'll have on Deku, considering how the doctors keep warning him about his own arms.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

-Me, reading this chapter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The most important quest for the next chapter: What will All Might call this Smash?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Stain is watching this from whatever jail cell he's in right now? I bet he's pissed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, Stain looks up to All Might in his how twisted, hosed up way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Honestly, I bet he'd be overjoyed. All Might is proving himself to be a true hero, just like Stain always believed. This whole thing would just affirm his beliefs.

True, but he's still probably pissed at All for One for trying to kill him. If All Might dies here, I could see him trying to break out of jail to try to avenge him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Right now, All Might is a skinny dude who is using a superhuman strength that destroys his own arm. Lots of people are gonna start putting the pieces together, likely starting with Bakugou.

Plus, I'm pretty sure a few of them have seen Skinny All Might(without knowing who he really was obviously) around the school and with Deku already.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Stain made people think villains were cool again, when before they were just the losers that heroes always beat up. No one thought Shigaraki was cool when he attacked ua (or in general), which is why he only got new recruits thanks to riding Stain's coattails.

Which is also something I'm sure Stain hates. Stain may hate "phony" heroes above all else, but he's not a fan of villains either.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bleremiah posted:

Final Getsuga Smash

"So this is the power of One for All? Not bad."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Or maybe they'll get one of Deku's parent's quirks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"My quirk is setting myself on fire. It's very painful."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked my idea of a quirk that just sets yourself on fire better. You wouldn't be immune to the fire either.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

One of these days we'll learn that Aizawa is actually happily married with kids, but never talks about it because he likes to keep his work separate from his family life.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Since this manga takes so much inspiration from American comics, when do we get the storyline where Deku has to fight the evil alternate universe versions of himself and All Might? Along with a sickeningly sweet, yet also still evil, Bakugou.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I believe in All Might!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They better not go after his mom! :argh:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Grand Torino and Nana Shimura used to be partners? Their outfits look very similar.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

UNITED STATES OF SMASH! :black101:

Stain is totally planning on shanking AFO in prison.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

No one mourns for Best Jeanist? :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mikl posted:

Bakugou has the face of someone who's put the puzzle pieces together.

He's clearly pointing at Bakugou :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like that Iida still has his fake mustache on. I hope he forgets to take it off and shows up to class with it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

For a minute there, I thought he wasn't going to make it and it gave me an All Fright.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever actually get to see Izuku's dad. Izuku and his mom haven't even mentioned him since that flashback when he was a kid. I'm starting to thinks that he's either dead, or abandoned his family at some point after Izuku found out he's quirkless.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that fight. Man, those Noumus must be tough if they gave him that much trouble, considering how much damage the fight with All for One did to the surrounding area.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure All Might and All for One are both much weaker than they were the first time they fought. Who knows how much damage they caused in their first fight?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I want a whole episode dedicated to that Tsuyu special.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Get your mind out of the gutter, you sinner.

The only person you should ever think romantic things about in this manga is All Might, in which you wish he has a fantastic and fulfilling relationship with someone he loves deeply.

I hope he ends up with Deku's mom. :3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think this is gonna be it. He's gonna tell her that her son was never going to be watching from the sidelines. He's a hero on instinct. All they can do is teach him to be a good one.

Another thing I think he'll bring up is the fact that Izuku's time at UA is probably the first time he's ever felt accepted by the people around him. He had no friends before UA and was pretty miserable before All Might gave him the chance to follow his dreams.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

i bet deku really could do a killer all-might impression. he probably practiced sounding like him all the time growing up. he could be a stand up comedian all-might impersonator

I bet he went as All Might for Halloween every year.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At this point we should just start taking bets on what really happened to Izuku's dad.

Was he killed in an accident?
Was he killed by a villain?
Did he abandon his family because he couldn't handle having a quirkless son?
Is he just conveniently away on a business trip forever?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

It's funny, when I read through the first time, I never noticed Blood King until the field trip arc. Turns out he's been there all along, teaching Class B and showing up to things.

Blood King, like the rest of Class B, suffers the unfortunate fate of living in the shadow of Aizawa and the rest of Class A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If anything, Stain will probably try to shank AFO in his jail cell.

JT Jag posted:

Yeah no way is Stain gonna be buddies with AfO down in the supermax

All he did (presuming that Stain saw the fight) is reaffirm Stain's belief that All Might is the only real-rear end hero out there, and now All Might is retired, which means there's not a single legit hero out there that will be worth Stain's time when he feels like breaking out. It's an entire world full of phonies, and that's on AfO's head.

He thinks Deku is legit. Shouto too I think.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 27, 2016