Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Awww yissssss
MHA just never stops being good.

Also I want:
More of that Tetsu/Kirishima Predator style handshake.
More Of Jeaner. (JEANER!)
And how is Gun head's speech cute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no my anime girls arent waifs.
They actually have structure that wouldnt snap at the slightest provocation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

His saliva is paralytic is more likely.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So 90s he was happy to take that punch.
"Woahhh at last this is interesting "

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Puttimg his entire body at the same energy probably is why he hasnt broken anything yet.

Like when he used it on his finger/hand he probably turned it on then right back off. The momentum and force is still there and normal Deku limbs cant take that. Semi-Skimmed Deku though, could

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The contrast is pretty good yeah.
But its that thing again where the evil people are intentionally menacing/ugly.

Maybe thats sub commentary on how strange looking people are shunned by society and blah blah blah

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

He can target multiple people but the effect is limited to his line of sight.

Also does nothing to 'natural ability'
It wont take away a person's strength if it wasnt a product of their quirk.

It's how Noumu wrecked him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TriffTshngo posted:

I hope not. He's obviously not primary antagonist material but he's definitely got another arc or two worth of story potential left later down the road. Not immediately but in a couple years if this winds up being a long running series (and I don't see why it wouldn't at this point)

He's the growth villain, the wall they have to surpass.
The protags will beat him either as the capstone to their internships/schooling, or as part of a world-changing arc ultimatum.

I don't think I'm the only person who wants the story to advance time in a natural, organic way rather than just go 'X amount of time later' at arbitrary moments and just montage the time passing.

Also I can totally see him coming back if one of the characters starts getting disillusioned with hero-dom.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 30, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You sure?
That doesn't look like the magaka's style.

Usually for panels like that he gets the lines thick and ragged.
Also her design is super boring so that's another point against.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Yeah, I didn't want to believe it at first either but it is in his style. I think it's the top panel of this where they introduce the next set of villains that join Shigaraki

I'm a fan of JoJoLizard.
Jesus anything better than just a yandere

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jojolizard? I'm pretty sure that's probably one of Stain's biggest fans. It looks like he's completely cribbing his style like a bad cosplay. Or maybe there's a villain's costume supply store they all shop at.

the scarf, the headband and hair, the physique, THE POLKA DOT MUSCLE VEST.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dat All Might Hank Hill butt.

Serious Liefielding going on in that thumbs up panel.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wild Horses posted:

Powers gotta have a downside or a drawback. Or be balanced by the opposition. Spiderman is fun because he fights these hulks like Venom. The Flash is not fun.

The Flash is a golden age Hero.
His villains are poo poo. Really poo poo. I mean really, Gorilla Grod, Mirror Master, the fiddler? HAH.
This also means his powers have fluctuated from barely enough to overwhelmingly overkill.

dc wiki posted:

Equipment

Violin Bow String: Like his fiddle, the Fiddler's bow string was capable of producing destructive waves of force when used in conjunction with the special strings of his violin.
Portable Vibrator: The Fiddler created a portable vibrator, which could bridge the gap between parallel worlds. He used this to transport himself, the Wizard and the Icicle to Earth-One, and also used it to bring Doctor Alchemy, Chronos and Felix Faust from Earth-One to Earth-Two. He also used this device to trap Barry Allen and Jay Garrick in the space between dimensions. It is unknown whether the Fiddler still possessed such a device following the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
lmbo

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 14, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

Hey, this guy seems familiar.

Where did we see someone like tha--

Oh! MY GOD!

Bull poo poo that's Doctor Eggman

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Does an (superhero, no less) origin story have to have evolved in a natural, logical manner?
Superheroes dont just happen, theyre made.

It makes narrative and thematic sense that A4O made his own nemesis and eventually his own comeuppance. Especially if it was from disdainful condesension of his brother.

"Poor poor you, born quirkless while i have all the power i want. Have a third rate lovely power that cannot even threaten me so you wont be completely useless, i guess"

Quirk metaphysics can also get hosed.
It really doesnt matter when quirks have been established to be completely random from the word 'go'. Would it matter if things werent convinient for the sake of plot? Would it be more satisfying, endless sperging aside, if they werent?

Fiction would be a convoluted mess if it werent for plot afforded conviniences,and would also defeat the point of it being fiction.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 20, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zeruel posted:

Holy gently caress I'm gonna miss All Might.
Guys, hold me.
:smithicide:

He'll hang out in lil spirit ball form after he dies.

Turns out MHA was a shaman king reboot all along.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Even Naruto put in more effort than Midoriya at the beginning of his story despite his circumstances.

That's because Naruto is like, ninja-jesus or something and as such instinctively knew his ninja way.

Deku thinks it was hopeless to be a quirkless superhero because honestly how can you compete? Definitely not with Bakugou.
He was living constantly in the shadow of a born and destined high class superhero who constantly looked down on him, can't fault him for not trying.

It's like if a schlubby 16 year old started getting into track when his contemporaries were all running sub-4 minute miles since they were 11 or something.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

It's funny that Best Jeanist was completely unsuccessful at changing Bakugou even one iota.

Not enough time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

How many years is Japanese high school anyways?

And I think Horikoshi intends to follow through to pro hero-dom.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

chumbler posted:

But what if he is still terrified by Mt. Lady?

Reverse Sanji'd

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want principle mouse's quirk to be "literally Sagat in a mouse man body"

Because i am getting serious fighting game vibes from that page. One of the ppses has to be a reference i feel it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JosephWongKS posted:

All Might's bracers aren't there for Deku and Bakugou to capture. Those are weighted bracers (developed by Hatsuko Mei) with a total weight of half of All-Might's bodyweight. They are there to slow down his movements and give Deku and Bakugou a fighting chance, so that the choice between "stay and fight the No. 1 hero in the world" and "run away" isn't so clear-cut.

That doesnt sound like much unless he weighs a goodly amount of tons in hero mode.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All herotech is just placebo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Bakugou goes to the Saitama school of heroing. The proest school.

More like he was there for the first six words, then immediately dropped out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New series of shorts called:

Sticky Nights with Mineta.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Seafood posted:

But that's fine. I had a great time rereading the series and a lot of fun charting the hypothetical course of its adaptation. Even if my guesses end up dead wrong, I still enjoyed throwing it together.
I thought so as well at first (my initial estimates pegged the Sports Festival for 13 episodes), but reading back through it I'm fairly sure they could fit it all in. Might have to axe the OP or ED that week though.

Knock off the pre-OP recap, the OP, the ED, The post-ED teaser and the ad breaks in between.
But I think it's more likely they'd end it on Stain and the O4A stinger.

But a tiny cynical part of me tells me 'season' 1 will finish on the villain invasion.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 30, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

tsob posted:

Deku has an All-Might body pillow. Calling it.

All might hulk hands.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Adblock browser.
Jesus christ use adblock browser.

Why the gently caress are mobile ads so loving obnoxious.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Do it to Midoriya and have like 4 really lame successors suddenly show up.

Keep Uraraka away from all fridges.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

But Aizawa said that they will be doing both strength & stamina training along with developing their quirks? Won't the strength & stamina training help Deku?

Everyone is going to end up super jacked.

And yeah Deku needs to start shooting steroids or something to have enough mass to contain OFA.

Think like
Like the captain tsubasa timeskip to the worldcup.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 18, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What I said about killler high school girls design:
I take back.

Shes like a mini Bane-hannibal lecter in that getup.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its tokoyami because he has to peck at rocks to get his beak stronger.

You could say
Whacking the pecker

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Seafood posted:

prospect of Uraraka (or any other female character) getting "Fridged" which will probably not happen but doesn't stop people from worrymongering because what if it's a tribute to every single aspect of American comics!? Calm yourselves.

I think I made the fridge joke. I Dont actually believe it tho.

Also the thread has worrymongered about anyone dying at all. Which I dont think is going to happen.
Except All Might.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kuroyama posted:

This isn't "All Might Beyond", with Deku as Japanese Terry McGinnis. This is more like a war story, with all the soldiers being super heroes/villains, some of them in training. What's needed is mentions of the villain alliance going out and performing more "hero killings". All Might and UA students should just be the top priorities, but not the only ones.

The stain fans literally just joined up and this is (a few of) their actual debut as characters, before this Shiragaki and the VA were quite aimless besides a general 'wanna kill that smug prick all might', he didnt even want to target and kill other heroes unless they were between him and all might.

quote:

Shiragaki will probably take out AfO at some point and take full control of the villain alliance, and he's being set up as the anti-Deku.

Shigaraki is totally being groomed to be AfOs new body im thinking.

Whether something goes wrong in yhe switch and either dies or they become some composite im not sure.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

the bane jokes i came in to make.

.....gently caress.

you merely adopted the kawaii, i was born in it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought Ojiros outfit is some sort of buddhist mythology reference.

Ala sun wukong

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Holy poo poo:
-Erased at point blank
-LIZARDMANS KNIFE SWORD
-B-class getting schooled
-Motherfuckin Krauser coming to town seriously that guy is extremely Resident Evil.
-LIZARDMANS
-KNIFE
-SWORD

e: CREATY

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 14, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Caidin posted:

I wonder if we've hit the limit of what tiny doctor lady can heal with this one, those arms are looking gnarly.

Well theye do have a near limitless supply of replacement protein from a now unoccupied donor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah, I doubt most people are good enough for Stain. The dude has crazy high standards and generally doesn't know the inner workings of the people he judges - and I don't know if he even cares - so he goes off by what he sees on the surface.

Makes sense since his quirk is based off of blood type.