Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nonexistence posted:

that was Toga :tinfoil:

that was actually my first thought, but also i'm checked out enough from this series I literally don't remember how Uraka ended that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The real villain was child abuse all along.

Please forget about endeavor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Literally all of the world's problems stem from one lovely baby

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

Just handing out abusive dad quirks

It was integral to his research on how to reproduce quirks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Casey Finnigan posted:

i still see no way that deku can justifiably end up being called the "greatest hero" by the end of this manga

AFO is the source of all the bad things. Be beating the source of all bad things he becomes the greatest, and last, hero because everyone else is put out of a job with no new villains to stop.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Well yeah. I do dislike that, because it's dumb and contrived.

Are there any shonen series that have a good ending anyway? Between this, people hating JJK's final boss fight, people hating Demon Slayer's ending... I mean even the Buu saga in DBZ was rear end

Zatch Bell had a pretty good ending. It still fell into a lot of the common problems of these shonen fight man series finales but it was a lot better than most.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

No Shaman King is even worse bc the bad guy never even gets beaten.

I can't remember how shaman ends because it's been a long time and the last like, big arc is kind of just not fun to read. But is that the one where the villain peaces out on a ghost train?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

As he dies AFO is going to reveal he gave deku's dad a broken version of the fatherhood quirk

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah I think I enjoyed everything til the end of Overhaul arc.

There's something silly about realising, "oh you know how Eri + Deku was just unfathomably powerful? If they did that right now All for One would instantly disable or revert or one up them. For some reason."

Kind of sucks the wind out of it all. Very dragonball z style "haha you fool, I actually had even more hidden power!" That is, grade school "nuhuh I have a force field to block your lasers!"

Also lemillion just getting his powers back off screen sucked

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I’m going to have to see the official translation, because Deku seems to be implying that this isn’t actually the AfO vestige taking over, but something else? Seems odd for this kind of speculation if it isn’t true. However this now gives me a theory that would retroactively make the last chapter suck less: this is Dr Garaki’s quirk ghost pretending to be AfO and he’s the actual mastermind all along. This would also be able to have a reveal that maybe Deku also had a quirk originally.

I hope its actually his dad come back from the quirk dimension to yell at his mom for being a super hero and dying

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

presumably this is the last time since the mangas ending in 3 chapters (said hopefully)

maybe last chapter will reveal this was all just a dream as deku's being choked out by the sludge villain, allmight saves him and tells him he's a brave lad then flies off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Somehow Deku will get reversed in a super plot specific way as to reveal he really did have a quirk that was stolen and he'll regrow it, and his quirk will be something stupid like manifesting quirk ghosts in reality and then he brings back all of the dead one for all hosts to have a cool party for shigaraki.