Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Time to play as Larry and race around the fun and exciting new tracks, and even a few remakes of some old ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

gonna wrap up in a blanket with hot chocolate and play ice ice outpost. #winterfeels

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The shortcuts on ice ice outpost are tricky.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i will play it, tonight

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like Tanooki Mario the best. his horn is the tail spinning sound effect from smb3, he turns into a statue when doing trick jumps, and he says "I got it!" when he wins.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Every character drives very similar. there are no special abilities that set them apart. That being said, skyrim dlc creates new narrative and dialogue. MK dlc brings about new tracks that make you drive in a different wiggly circle than before. and only 3 at that. Nintendo dlc just doesn't seem worth the cost. If anything it should be free or at least one price for both dlc. The value does not exist. It's just ripping off their fanboys.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Every character drives very similar. there are no special abilities that set them apart. That being said, skyrim dlc creates new narrative and dialogue. MK dlc brings about new tracks that make you drive in a different wiggly circle than before. and only 3 at that. Nintendo dlc just doesn't seem worth the cost. If anything it should be free or at least one price for both dlc. The value does not exist. It's just ripping off their fanboys.

lol

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

that guy is retarded

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
what happened to the no-DLC direction from nintendo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

what happened to the no-DLC direction from nintendo

They changed their mind and decided to make good dlc for Mario kart, golf and hyrule warriors.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Evil Eagle posted:

They changed their mind and decided to make good dlc for Mario kart, golf and hyrule warriors.

So you're saying the DLC is actually worth the money?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

its $12 for 50% more tracks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Hyrule warriors gets tons of new content and characters, golf gets 6 courses (108 holes) and kart gets 16 racetracks. Hell yeah it's worth it.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

elf help book posted:

its $12 for 50% more tracks

Evil Eagle posted:

Hyrule warriors gets tons of new content and characters, golf gets 6 courses (108 holes) and kart gets 16 racetracks. Hell yeah it's worth it.

That's actually pretty cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

new luigi u was like another game on top of new mario u

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
all of their dlc has been really really good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

6 golf courses can pass as a whole game

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
people tend to look at the DLCs for golf and kart as just, "oh wow, 3 new characters. who cares" but the characters dont even matter really, theyre just icing on the cake. The majority of content is the new stages

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

people tend to look at the DLCs for golf and kart as just, "oh wow, 3 new characters. who cares" but the characters dont even matter really, theyre just icing on the cake. The majority of content is the new stages

people are stupid

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hell yeah. Im going to buy this all, because I love DLc.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDOtgWE-es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrrphmj-1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jte2o7iVv_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNS_UU_whQ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p2aSNMgHqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pak0kJSuf-M

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I played the DLC today. its good. let's kart

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Where is Birdo? Trans equality now Nintendo!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the cpu's are super aggressive. wario immediately knocked me off that dragon track and was also chucking bobombs at me through the windows on the covered part of yoshi circuit.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

all of their dlc has been really really good

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

mute city might be my favorite course in the game now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Famous TV Dad posted:

mute city might be my favorite course in the game now.
it feels like playing f-zero gx

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Them gamecube feels.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really don't like Tanookie Mario or Cat Peach being passed off for new characters.

like yeah they look more unique than Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach, but those guys sucked to begin with.

I would have rather had some other guy who doesn't already have variations of himself in the game already. Because you have the useless and stupid Babies as well.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I really don't like Tanookie Mario or Cat Peach being passed off for new characters.

like yeah they look more unique than Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach, but those guys sucked to begin with.

I would have rather had some other guy who doesn't already have variations of himself in the game already. Because you have the useless and stupid Babies as well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They're the same loving person.

I would take even the bottom of the barrel characters like Candy Kong than another Mario variant.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're the same loving person.

I would take even the bottom of the barrel characters like Candy Kong than another Mario variant.

I can't believe it but I'm gonna agree with the Taint Reaper here. Would rather have seen some fresh blood.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I like Tanooki Mario the best. his horn is the tail spinning sound effect from smb3, he turns into a statue when doing trick jumps, and he says "I got it!" when he wins.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Acceptable Nintendo variants of the same person that can count as a different character:

Samus to Zero Suit Samus

Princess Zelda to Shiek

Link to Ravio

If not one of the above then they are a poor idea.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Widestancer posted:

I can't believe it but I'm gonna agree with the Taint Reaper here. Would rather have seen some fresh blood.

isnt the second DLC pack gonna have actual new chars, like villager and dry bowser?

wouldve been cool to have captain falcon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im gonna kiss nekopeach

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm going to be staying off of the online modes for a while, as I know every lobby is going to be flooded with nothing but people playing as Link.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

wouldve been cool to have captain falcon
he is in the game when you buy amiibo from nintendo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also how much DLC until they fix battle Mode?

It's crazy how little effort when into a mode that makes up half the game.

Sometiems you get tired of racing and you wish to chill by shooting weapons at guys. Oh wait you can't because the only stage that anyone ever picks is moomoo farm because it's the most passable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also how much DLC until they fix battle Mode?

It's crazy how little effort when into a mode that makes up half the game.

Sometiems you get tired of racing and you wish to chill by shooting weapons at guys. Oh wait you can't because the only stage that anyone ever picks is moomoo farm because it's the most passable.

I have played 0 games of battle because who cares about battle, if I want to shoot people in the face I'd play an FPS or with your mom

• Locked thread