Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want a Hyrule castle arena.

Also give us back block fort it's amazing that they don't understand that they should never remove blockfort ever. Like even 343 understands to never remove bloodgultch from halo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

me reading the taint reaper's posts: https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/DBFB...dDsckgfW7nmYXhx

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i dont read them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

I have played 0 games of battle because who cares about battle, if I want to shoot people in the face I'd play an FPS or with your mom

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

the item roulette wheel sound is replaced with the Open a chest sound in the Hyrule track

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

i dont read them

Me niether. Hes extremely mentally ill.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The DLC delivers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I really like the twisty intertwining track paths in IcIce Outpost :)

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ice ice outpost is hell online

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Link looks so funny in a kart, but he's too drat happy racing to care.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Someone fuckin playt his poo poo with me or i'll kill you

Add MechaLemming

gently caress!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

all of their dlc has been really really good

I love being nickle and dimed like a loving idiot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

by paradox

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nickle and dimed like a sir

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Knuc U Kinte posted:

nickle and dimes are small amounts of american currency where did this expression originate from honestly becuase i mean i think it'd be great if like my bills were nickles and dimes you know haha

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're the same loving person.

I would take even the bottom of the barrel characters like Candy Kong than another Mario variant.

yeah or some Zelda characters considering the name of the pack anyway

"Hey guys, buy the Mario Kart 8 x The Legend of Zelda DLC pack today!"

*pack includes one Zelda character, stage, and vehicle*

*also includes 2 characters, 15 stages and a bunch of other new vehicles that have absolutely nothing to do with Zelda*

I mean let's face it, sonic racing transformed wasn't bashful at all about their crossovers and it owned bones, even the ultra weird additions like that total war guy and the football manager ruled in the context of somehow being in a big goofy mascot racing game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Seshoho Cian posted:

the item roulette wheel sound is replaced with the Open a chest sound in the Hyrule track

the "race start" tune on the f-zero track is replaced with the tune from f-zero on the SNES :allears:

i loving love nintendo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gay skull posted:

yeah or some Zelda characters considering the name of the pack anyway

I mean let's face it, sonic racing transformed wasn't bashful at all about their crossovers and it owned bones, even the ultra weird additions like that total war guy and the football manager ruled in the context of somehow being in a big goofy mascot racing game

they added the yogs to sonic racing.

also only one new track instead of 16

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Bobnumerotres posted:

the "race start" tune on the f-zero track is replaced with the tune from f-zero on the SNES :allears:

i loving love nintendo

this is how they get you flaccid in regards to a new f-zero game. don't let the cute sound effects and attention to mute city fool you, there will never be another f-zero game and you know it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:gonk:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Is the new kart with the two horses out front supposed to be zelda themed

i love it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Is the new kart with the two horses out front supposed to be zelda themed

i love it

thats not new

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

elf help book posted:

thats not new

woah

edit: i still love it

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
heaven

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

actually, all their dlc usually comes in just one big pack, like an oldschool expansion pack to a pc game or something. theres never microtransactions or loads of 99 cent alternate costumes or stuff like that. it's all pretty substantial stuff that adds replayability to a game a while after its release. Like this game for instance!!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
i thought it would be a new cup or 2,16 new tracks is sick.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I really don't like Tanookie Mario or Cat Peach being passed off for new characters.

like yeah they look more unique than Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach, but those guys sucked to begin with.

I would have rather had some other guy who doesn't already have variations of himself in the game already. Because you have the useless and stupid Babies as well.

Yeah, like Petey Pirahna, for instance.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

"meowwwww-wow" - cat peach

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

meow-be nya-ext time

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

actually, all their dlc usually comes in just one big pack, like an oldschool expansion pack to a pc game or something. theres never microtransactions or loads of 99 cent alternate costumes or stuff like that. it's all pretty substantial stuff that adds replayability to a game a while after its release. Like this game for instance!!

Yeah they've done a great job with all their DLC, its really what I thought DLC was gonna be when the concept first came out years and years ago.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Episodic Content

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the new mario 2 dlc was kinda expensive and weird and i think that was their first big dlc attempt

maybe that went badly and they considered better ways of doing it

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

conceitedguy posted:

Yeah, like Petey Pirahna, for instance.

That would be incredible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

everyone was pissed nintendo was doing "season passes" for mario golf so for mario kart they learned their lesson and did the exact same thing and just didnt call it a season pass and no one minded, good job nintendo

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Did you know he was supposed to be in Mario Kart Wii, and there's even leftover data of him still on the disc? I think overall that Funky Kong is probably a better heavyweight racer, though. I'd like to see them both return, but I think that's way too tall of an order.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

everyone was pissed nintendo was doing "season passes" for mario golf so for mario kart they learned their lesson and did the exact same thing and just didnt call it a season pass and no one minded, good job nintendo

Yeah,the season pass for hyrule warriors is called the "Hero of Hyrule Pack" or something,which makes it sound epic.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i hope this is the start of super smash kart. kinda crazy how sakurai can fit 45ish different characters with unique movesets and a few clones in his game but mario kart 8 has just 36 which just go in different weight classes, and 8 of them are different versions of mario or peach

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Did you know he was supposed to be in Mario Kart Wii, and there's even leftover data of him still on the disc? I think overall that Funky Kong is probably a better heavyweight racer, though. I'd like to see them both return, but I think that's way too tall of an order.

Not really Funky Kong and Donkey Kong have shared rigs in every game they've been in together which would make transferring any basic animations pretty easily. It's no more of an effort than making the Koopa Kids which also share rigs between each other.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Every character drives very similar. there are no special abilities that set them apart. That being said, skyrim dlc creates new narrative and dialogue. MK dlc brings about new tracks that make you drive in a different wiggly circle than before. and only 3 at that. Nintendo dlc just doesn't seem worth the cost. If anything it should be free or at least one price for both dlc. The value does not exist. It's just ripping off their fanboys.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

g0lbez posted:

nickle and dimes are small amounts of american currency where did this expression originate from honestly becuase i mean i think it'd be great if like my bills were nickles and dimes you know haha

The concept is that you're being charged a nickel here, a dime there, and by the time you're done you've spent mountains of spare change. Not to mention when that phrase originated those were somewhat larger amounts than today.

• Locked thread